the price

Everything related to MakeMKV
bzz58

the price

Post by bzz58 »

It's nice to be able to use MakeMKV and I'd like to support the authors of it. But it's hard to justify spending $50 on software that I use occasionally to copy a Blu-ray disc to my computer. If they charged a more reasonable price, they would certainly get a lot more purchases. I feel like they're really shooting themselves in the foot by making the price so high. I'm not sure what the logic was behind it. Maybe they're assuming most casual users of the software don't need to buy it and should just continue using the free trial codes indefinitely? Even so, I feel like it would be worth it to me to pay them some amount for developing the software and so I don't have to enter a new registration code every couple months.

Even if they don't permanently lower the price, occasionally offering a discount (50% off?) would convince a lot more of us to pay for it. But as it is, if my only option is to pay $50, I just can't justify doing that, so the authors of the software end up getting nothing instead, which doesn't seem right.
Woodstock

Re: the price

Post by Woodstock »

This discussion comes up regularly.

What is the software's value TO YOU?

If it is less than the price asked, then you aren't barred from using it, you just have to put up with the inconvenience of periodically updating the key.

If it is at least the price asked, what is the reason NOT to?

Mike has set his price at what he feels is fair. Quite a number of us have agreed that it was fair, because the value was there, FOR US.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

I'm a cheap bastage but if the license includes lifetime upgrades I think it is very fair. If it was for a year - $25, for lifetime $50 - gives you an incentive. Anyone know what the policy is?
Yugatha

Post by Yugatha »

The License Key is for Lifetime, not for a time period.
Malice

Post by Malice »

and there are never any promo codes for 10 or 20 % off?
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

Malice wrote:and there are never any promo codes for 10 or 20 % off?
I haven't seen any. From what other forums say they send the promos to people on this site - not sure if that is true - I've been here for a while but not nearly as long as some.
KennedysGirl

Post by KennedysGirl »

I upgraded to latest MakeMKV and evaluation period didn't reset. How does one renew the key?