Dolby Atmos and DTSX

Everything related to MakeMKV
goaliebob99

Dolby Atmos and DTSX

Post by goaliebob99 »

I just wanted to give some of you an update as I have been following a few threads on if these new sound formats work.

The short answer is yes and no.

Dolby Atmos works great. I have been able to rip tracks into Dolby Atmos even though makemkv says Dolby True HD as the track. When played back on to my Yamaha Aventage 3050, the AVR recognizes the 7.1.2 audio track and plays it fine even though Make MKV says its a 7.1 track. When the info screen pulls up it sees 7.1.2 Atmos/TrueHD Everything seems like its good to go here.

DTS X on the other hand seems to not work at all.

I ripped Ex Machima and it sees the DTS HD track but and No DTS X is displayed. It only sees it as a 7.1 track.

I think that this is partly an issue with my Yamaha receiver as it has yet to get the download that would open up DTS X for it. (It's suppose to get a software download that enables it later on this year)

When played back directly from the ISO file The AVR sees it as DTS-HD MSTR CHANNEL 7.1 (3/4/0.1)

I am playing through a popcorn hour A-300 and that is set to pass through all audio directly to the avr.

I hope that MakeMKV will support these formats and while it is still early, these seem to be the format of the future.
boopie

Re: Dolby Atmos and DTSX

Post by boopie »

DTSX had been delay until early 2016
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

Hello,

I'm curious - does makemkv keep the dts:x format?
boopie

Post by boopie »

boe_d wrote:Hello,

Yes it does. Select the DTS-MA audio track on DTS:X titles.
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

boopie wrote:
boe_d wrote:Hello,

Yes it does. Select the DTS-MA audio track on DTS:X titles.

Thanks!!