Advanced Options - Selecting correct audio tracks

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
vertigo

Advanced Options - Selecting correct audio tracks

Post by vertigo »

I'm trying to figure out how to use the advanced options to select only specific audio tracks. I've dug around a bit on the forums and elsewhere, and have it working slightly better, but still far from how I'd like it. For video, I want to select only the first track (which is always "selected") plus the MVC track if present. I don't want any additional tracks selected. I'm not sure, but I think that's good with the default settings and with the one I currently have. As for audio, I want to select only the first track, only the HD track (not the core) for DTS, and the HD and core tracks for TrueHD/DD. Currently, I have it so it doesn't select the DTS core track, but the setting for that is generic and doesn't differentiate between DTS, where the core isn't needed, and TrueHD, where the core is needed (in order to play on equipment that doesn't support the HD track). It also selects all audio tracks in my language which, again, I don't want. Here's my current parameters:

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|core),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Even if it can't be made to select the TrueHD core without also selecting the DTS core, that's not a very big deal, since TrueHD is far less common. I could also switch the parameters out as needed, though I doubt it would be worth it. Though if that's the case, it would be nice if MakeMKV could be made to recognize the difference and the options be modified to differentiate between them. The bigger issue right now is having it not select all the additional tracks, since that's a massive waste of time going through and expanding all the groups and unchecking them.
Grauhaar

Re: Advanced Options - Selecting correct audio tracks

Post by Grauhaar »

vertigo wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:12 pm
since that's a massive waste of time going through and expanding all the groups and unchecking them.
Select one title (you call it group) and click right and use the deselect all titles and select only the title(s) you want (and no, this is not always the first one). MakeMKV ignores all subselects if the title itself is not selected.
Good Luck :)

Re: Advanced Options - Selecting correct audio tracks

Post by vertigo »

I'm not trying to deselect all but some titles. I'm saying I have to expand them all then go through and deselect all the extra audio tracks, since I only want the first one. I want all titles, so I can then go through them and decide what to keep.