Audio track for Backdrop Theme files

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
StarryEyed

Audio track for Backdrop Theme files

Post by StarryEyed »

Hi

I use the backdrop theme files i.e. the main menu track in my playback application as I like the audio whilst browsing content.

Most of these extract as simple MKV files with video and audio tracks which work as normal. However, a few discs use just a picture and an audio file. It is the audio file I am keen to get as this is played in my playback application whilst browsing.

How do I find this audio track on the disc? I don't seem to be able to find it so I assume I would need some options in the selection rule.

Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: Audio track for Backdrop Theme files

Post by Woodstock »

If you're talking the splash "video" for a disk, you may not see it if your minimum title length is too short. Most the ones I see are under 120 seconds, and 90 or 45 are common, sometimes as little as 30.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
StarryEyed

Post by StarryEyed »

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I am referring to the splash screen. The video splash screens often have two parts first time view and a secondary view chapter. I have tried turning off the minimum title length to get all files displayed. Alas I still cannnot see those splash screens that are just a picture and audio. If they are videos then they appear as normal m2ts files that I can identify.

However, sometimes the splash screen is just a picture and the audio track. These I don't seem able to locate. Even if I extract all the files and play them the splash screen is missing. Do these have some format I need to set in the options for them to appear in the list of files?
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

I think MakeMKV (V = Video) select only "video" titles and not picture or pure audio (MKA instead of MKV) titles. Try to use the MakeMKV backup function and check the decrypted backup for special files outside the STREAM folder.
Good Luck :)

Post by Woodstock »

Do you get any titles that seem to flash a bunch of pictures, then black for the majority of the playback? I've seen "gallery" files like that before; the individual pictures have a timed display, but the time is "lost" for the player, and the pictures are played at either 24 or 30 frames per second.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging