[Feature Request] - makemkvcon to honour Semiauto naming convention when no output folder stated

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
alxscott

[Feature Request] - makemkvcon to honour Semiauto naming convention when no output folder stated

Post by alxscott »

TL;DR
if a backup folder is not stated via cli, default to preferences as per GUI. If backup folder is stated, override settings

Hi Mike,

As always, thanks for a fantastic and uniquely useful product. Avid user for over 8 years.

Secondly, apologies if this has been covered before... I did check. It has been at least 5 years since I looked at cli usage ( I'm lazy I just remote X window these days); but I remember wanting this feature way back when.

Basically, I would like the default behaviour of makemkvcon backup disc:X source to be to the directory set within preferences; inline with how the GUI works when doing a backup.

If a specific directory is used ( as per current version) then that is used.

If Semi-auto is set on prefs, then preset directoy plus disc title folder ( as per GUI).

I'll admit; I'm bit lost now as I dint use any of the other directory settings and I am currently backing a disc up but hopefully you get the gist...

Thanks.

Alex