Auto enable / disable audio language

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Kizar

Auto enable / disable audio language

Post by Kizar »

I want to suggest an option, that MakeMKV detect the available audio languages and auto enable / disable the checkboxes by default. For example: I never need a french or spain audio, but I have to manually disable it.
d00zah

Re: Auto enable / disable audio language

Post by d00zah »

Kizar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:27 pm
I want to suggest an option, that MakeMKV detect the available audio languages and auto enable / disable the checkboxes by default. For example: I never need a french or spain audio, but I have to manually disable it.
Like this? :)

Changing default track selection

To expose the 'Advanced' tab (if you haven't already), select MakeMKV's Preferences > General tab & check 'Expert mode'.
Kizar

Post by Kizar »

I think that is too complicated for a normal user. Why not using checkboxes for this?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Kizar wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:08 pm
I think that is too complicated for a normal user. Why not using checkboxes for this?
Developer's choice, I imagine. It is considered an 'Advanced' function.

If you described the specific (behavior) languages you prefer, someone might offer some suggestions.

Although it can have other implications (& I haven't experimented w/ this in years), have you tried setting a "Preferred language' on Prefs > Languages tab? I don't recall how this affects default behavior.