Use default selection rule from profile

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
NodNarb012

Use default selection rule from profile

Post by NodNarb012 »

Is there a way get MakeMKV to always use the default selection rule in my custom conversion profile and ignore the setting in preferences?

I don't see the point in having those settings in the conversion profile if the setting in preferences is always going to override them. I can't turn off expert mode to accomplish this because I still need to be able to select my custom conversion profile.
Romansh

Re: Use default selection rule from profile

Post by Romansh »

Leave the default selection rule in preferences empty. Then the rule from the conversion profile(s) should be used.
NodNarb012

Post by NodNarb012 »

I tried that, but it automatically put the text back in as soon as I clicked Apply or OK. It doesn't stick if you try to leave it empty.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Just don't use $app_DefaultSelectionString . The value of $app_DefaultSelectionString is what is being overwritten from preferences. You can always add additional tokens as in

Code: Select all

<output outputSettingsName="xxx" defaultSelection="$app_DefaultSelectionString,+all">
Or you can get rid of $app_DefaultSelectionString completely as in

Code: Select all

<output outputSettingsName="xxx" defaultSelection="+all">
NodNarb012

Post by NodNarb012 »

Interesting, I'll give that a try.

I'm curious about that "+all" part, does that cause all tracks to be selected upon opening a disc? I'm thinking I'd want to change it to "-all" so that all tracks would be deselected and then I would only need to select the one main movie track.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

mike admin wrote:Just don't use $app_DefaultSelectionString . The value of $app_DefaultSelectionString is what is being overwritten from preferences.
So I've cleared Preferences > Advanced > Default selection rule and selected my profile.xml which contains this line:

-sel:all,+sel:(deu|eng|nolang),-sel:(core),-5:(forced*(eng)),-10:(deu),-15:(forced*(deu))

However, when I start MakeMKV, the box isn't empty anymore but reads

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

which, as you wrote above, would overwrite the selection rule from my profile.xml?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Chetwood wrote: However, when I start MakeMKV, the box isn't empty anymore but reads
-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Yes, but what you see and what you're editing is the value of $app_DefaultSelectionString variable. By default this variable is referenced by profile, but you are free to ignore it in your profile.