MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
jdwarne

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by jdwarne »

jbowens wrote:jdwarne,

I am also having these same problems, but cannot locate a copy of version 1.1.1

Can you please post the file somewhere...

I would also like to personally thank the author for building this little app. Especially since I know how busy we all are with our lives.

I am not sure what it is written in, but if agritton would also post the source someplace some of us might be happy to help.

Thank you all
jbowens, the v1.1 file is located on page 1 of this thread. There is a link underneath the screenshot the author posted.
jbowens

Post by jbowens »

Well that was dumb... sorry about that...

Ok, so I uninstalled the latest version and installed version 1.1.1 clean after reboot on windows 8.1.

I still have the same issue...

The file is left in the temp directory and under a temp name. Both the temp directory and install of the software on on my D: drive (My C: drive is a small and already loaded up SSD)

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help...
jdwarne

Post by jdwarne »

jbowens wrote:Well that was dumb... sorry about that...

Ok, so I uninstalled the latest version and installed version 1.1.1 clean after reboot on windows 8.1.

I still have the same issue...

The file is left in the temp directory and under a temp name. Both the temp directory and install of the software on on my D: drive (My C: drive is a small and already loaded up SSD)

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help...
What's your installation path look like? I noticed that v1.1 installed to C:\Program Files\MakeMKV Batch Converter\MakeMKV Batch Converter\. It basically repeated the folder name with the .exe inside the 2nd one.
jbowens

Post by jbowens »

I am running windows 8.1...

My path is D:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV Batch Converter\MakeMKV Batch Converter\

My files are on a UNRAID NAS server mapped to V:\

The files I am converting are in sub directories V:\2 GUNS (2013)\2 Guns (2013) DVD.iso

I am trying to output the same file name with MKV to the same directory.

Thanks for the help...
jdwarne

Post by jdwarne »

jbowens wrote:I am running windows 8.1...

My path is D:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV Batch Converter\MakeMKV Batch Converter\

My files are on a UNRAID NAS server mapped to V:\

The files I am converting are in sub directories V:\2 GUNS (2013)\2 Guns (2013) DVD.iso

I am trying to output the same file name with MKV to the same directory.

Thanks for the help...
I'm running Win 7 enterprise x64. I have MakeMKV Batch Converter installed to C:\ and movies are on my I:\ drive which is an external HDD connected via USB. Not sure what else would be the cause. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this app can chime in, I'm at a loss.
JUSTIN-A8HTPC

Selecting Audio Tracks

Post by JUSTIN-A8HTPC »

Is there a way I can select all or specific audio tracks to be encoded into the MKV output?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Sure, use conversion profiles as explained in the advanced usage section.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

@agritton

I just tried the shutwdown function and it did not work as it's supposed to. Rather than shutting down the PC, I'm getting an OK message when the queue is completed and I have to click and only then the PC is shut down which kinda defeats the purpose.
JUSTIN-A8HTPC

Conversion Profiles

Post by JUSTIN-A8HTPC »

Can someone help me out with profiles. I can't seem to understand how to get a profile to work or what settings to set in the profiles. Looking to have bluray and dvd movies ripped/encoded with all audio tracks.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Better open a new thread for this.
MTwannabe

Post by MTwannabe »

I love this program and would like to know if there is any way to have it autocreate an output folder as the same or similar to what the original video_ts was in? I ask because some the programs like XBMC and such can put the coverart in the directory with the newly created .mkv file which would be extremely helpful. If this is already possible and I'm missing something please please let me know. thanks!
JoeB99

Post by JoeB99 »

So glad i found this. I was struggling with version 1.1 of the batch converter... Didn't know it had been updated and is still being used. :)

Is it possible to add a folder, then only convert selected items?

Also, it would be good if the DEL key removed the selected item(s) from the list.
SusiBiker

Post by SusiBiker »

jdwarne wrote:Having a problem, hopefully someone can help.

The program runs and processes ISOs correctly. It creates a MKV file in the batch_temp location on my C:\ drive, but fails to 1.) rename the file (I have use original name checked) and leaves it as title00.mkv, 2.) Copy it to the source drive, which is another internal hard drive with a different drive letter and 3.) Delete the temp file.

If I process more than one ISO at a time, it just keeps overwriting the same title00.mkv in the batch_temp folder.

Log file attached.
Having EXACTLY the same problem.
Anyone got any ideas?
TIA,
Susi xx

EDIT:
*Untick "Same As Source"* and select your OP folder manually and away you go...
I did anyway ;)
barrettuk

Post by barrettuk »

Hi all... first THANK YOU so much for this, I was looking to convert my 600 odd DVD dips to MKV and came across this thread. I installed and the program works great but I do have one issue someone may be able to help with?

My DVD rips are the video_ts folders and some I have subtitles some with the menu's etc. With this conversion I want to clean up my years of ripping my disks without have to do them all again and this process seems to work great, the few I tested only had the main title BUT they also had subtitles :shock:

I only want to keep the forced subtitles, nothing else. Is that possible and if so how do I configure it please. Also IF possible I would love for a folder to be created with the same name as the mkv file rather than all ending up in a single folder, is that possible??

Many thanks for any help!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Forced subtitles are a complicated issue, I'm not even sure MakeMKV recognizes them from DVDs, so I wouldn't get may hopes out. Set your standalone to OFF and when you watch Avatar or something, turn them on manually.