Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

amackdaddy wrote:
amackdaddy wrote:
When you say "swtiched" to a movie, do you mean when you load movie discs up vs tv shows... or does it find it as a tv show and switch it to a movie?

I'm only feeding movies (video_ts\*.vob) using basic mode. When the search is done all the movies are named Movie\Episode 1.mkv. Then when I highlight them all and say "Change to Movie" they show they as .mkv. Weird right?

Haven't heard from you in a while. Just checking in.
I made some changes, not sure if you have noticed yet. Hopefully it fixes the basic mode renaming and general naming convention of movies and/or tv series.
amackdaddy

Post by amackdaddy »

Just tried out the new update.

The movie conversion naming is working. Great!
But its still not deleting the source folders (video_ts and audio_ts). The only thing in the log is this:
Error deleting files: Access to the path 'AUDIO_TS' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete()
at M2M.MainWindow.DeleteDirectoryContents(DirectoryInfo directory) in C:\Users\rc4es\source\repos\Backup Movies2MKV Converter\Movies2MKV Converter\MainWindow.cs:line 2210

New issue:
Nested movies or boxsets are being converted and saved outside the source folder.
Example
\Movies\Kill Bill [Boxset]
\KillBill 1\Video_ts\
\KillBill 2\Video_ts\
is converted to
Movies\KillBill 1\killbill 1.mkv
Movies\KillBill 1\killbill 2.mkv
With \Movies\Kill Bill [Boxset] being left in tact
Not a big deal just thought it was strange.

The naming issue is fixed and its not putting a subfolder under the movie folder so far so good.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

amackdaddy wrote:Just tried out the new update.

The movie conversion naming is working. Great!
But its still not deleting the source folders (video_ts and audio_ts). The only thing in the log is this:
Error deleting files: Access to the path 'AUDIO_TS' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete()
at M2M.MainWindow.DeleteDirectoryContents(DirectoryInfo directory) in C:\Users\rc4es\source\repos\Backup Movies2MKV Converter\Movies2MKV Converter\MainWindow.cs:line 2210

New issue:
Nested movies or boxsets are being converted and saved outside the source folder.
Example
\Movies\Kill Bill [Boxset]
\KillBill 1\Video_ts\
\KillBill 2\Video_ts\
is converted to
Movies\KillBill 1\killbill 1.mkv
Movies\KillBill 1\killbill 2.mkv
With \Movies\Kill Bill [Boxset] being left in tact
Not a big deal just thought it was strange.

The naming issue is fixed and its not putting a subfolder under the movie folder so far so good.
The delete process, I am not sure there is anything I can do about that. However, if you have administrator rights on the computer, you could try running the application with admin right (ie: run as administrator). That should work, if it doesn't, then something else is trying to access a file in that folder and won't allow the program to delete it.

Here's the reasoning for where I am placing the output files. I'm basically trying to give a clean way to output the files. Whatever fold you choose to scan for movies, if you haven't chosen a specific output path, will be the start of the output file path. In other words, if you chose to search for movies in the C:\movies directory and you have output same as input folder marked in options, then that should be the base of your output path. It will then, in basic mode, take the volume id of the disc as a folder followed by the output filename. Something like this:

C:\movies\<volume label of disc>\<makemkv output name>.mkv
ie: C:\movies\KILL_BILL_VOLUME_1\Kill_Bill_Volume_1_t02.mkv

In Plex mode, if you have the directory labeled correctly. It would be more like this

C:\movies\<directory of movie name or name of iso file>\<directory of movie name or name of iso file>.mkv<
ie: C:\movies\Kill Bill Vol 1 (2003)\Kill Bill Vol 1 (2003).mkv

I hope this helps you understand what I am doing. If there are other things you'd like to see, please let me know.
Geek16432

Update issues

Post by Geek16432 »

I'm sorry if this is elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it.

My system keeps asking me to update to 2.7.0 but never completes the process.

I've even launched as admin, to no avail.

As the download link at the start of the topic is for the 2.6.4 installer, I can't do a fresh install.

Any ideas?
rc4ester

Re: Update issues

Post by rc4ester »

Geek16432 wrote:I'm sorry if this is elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it.

My system keeps asking me to update to 2.7.0 but never completes the process.

I've even launched as admin, to no avail.

As the download link at the start of the topic is for the 2.6.4 installer, I can't do a fresh install.

Any ideas?
I see the problem, I will get it fixed today when I get home from work.
Geek16432

Post by Geek16432 »

rc4ester wrote:
Greatly appreciated.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Geek16432 wrote:
rc4ester wrote:
Greatly appreciated.
I apologize I didn't get it done faster, but the update is there and ready.
steve.hoek

Post by steve.hoek »

Is the Windows version of this tool still available? The link in the first post for the Windows version is dead.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

steve.hoek wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm
Is the Windows version of this tool still available? The link in the first post for the Windows version is dead.
Yes, it is still available. I'll check on the link and see what I need to do to ensure it's working.
Yodathedog

Post by Yodathedog »

Hi
I've been looking for an iso to mkv batch conversion and have this ago after having trouble with some other apps on here.
However, I've also run into trouble with this (I'm sure my pc hates me)

Ive got m2m running and told it to look in my movies folder for the iso. It recognises they are there in listing them but them fails them all (all highlighted red) once it finishes the list, they all disappear and I'm left with nothing in the list

Any ideas?
Cheers
Andy
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

I'm on vacation right now, but I will answer your question as soon as I can.
Yodathedog

Post by Yodathedog »

Thank you 👍
Have a good holiday
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Hello Yodathedog,

Ok, so it finds the movies you have ripped. What format are the movies in, folder or iso? Secondly, do you have the latest MakeMKV installed? Thirdly, have you tried looking at the log file, under the file menu, to see if it shows anything? If you don't discover the issue, could you enable the debug option under the tools menu and send me the log file after you have tried to convert the files?
Yodathedog

Post by Yodathedog »

Thanks for getting back to me
Yeah it finds all files no problem, scans them and fails every single one.
Files are all . iso
I believe I have the latest makemkv installed

I dont really understand logs etc so can't really say if it says anything. I'll have a look when I'm able to today and post what it says. I do a debug too

Thanks 👍
Yodathedog

Post by Yodathedog »

Hi

I've opened and run the programme this morning. As before, finds titles and highlights all in red, then they disappear from the list and I get this message

'there was a problem trying to enable/disable buttons. Please check event log for more details'

Event log;

M2mlog - error enabling find movies and conversion buttons: object reference not set to an instance of an object at m2m.Mainwindow.<findmoviescompletedhandler>b_65_0() in c:users\rc4es\source\repos\backup movies2mkv converter\movies2mkvconverter\main window. Cs:line 1488

M2mfindlog - error occurred trying to analyse the source[title of film. Iso] file: the specified executable is not a valid application for this os platform. At system.Diagnosis.Process.startwithcreateprocess(processstartinfo startinfo) at system.System.diagnostics.process.start() at m2m. Poco.Threads.analyzedisc.processworker_dowork(objecrsender, doworkeventargs args) in c:\users\rc4es\source\repos\m2mbeans\m2mbeans\threads\analyzdisc.Cs.Line 255

Sorry but I have no idea what this means.

I will run a debug log too and send it to you 👍

Thank
YTD