Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
bruteforce

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by bruteforce »

FEATURE REQUEST :D

One was going to be change the color of completed but you did that in latest 1.7.21 (thanks! much easier to read status). The thing I have needed in my recent use is an ABORT or STOP button that cleanly kills all the processes and returns to main screen (maybe a popup saying you stopped). For numerous reasons I have had to kill it using "Exit" but that doesn't not stop the MakeMKV and Java processes. Requires either killing in Task Manager or rebooting to get to a clean state ready to start again.

PS. maybe a PAUSE too
qVAMPIREp

Post by qVAMPIREp »

It looks like something is broken. I have the latest version of Java, MakeMKV and Movies2MKV and all conversions fail. everything was working fine up until now. The movies all convert fine using MakeMKV on its own.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

bruteforce wrote:FEATURE REQUEST :D

One was going to be change the color of completed but you did that in latest 1.7.21 (thanks! much easier to read status). The thing I have needed in my recent use is an ABORT or STOP button that cleanly kills all the processes and returns to main screen (maybe a popup saying you stopped). For numerous reasons I have had to kill it using "Exit" but that doesn't not stop the MakeMKV and Java processes. Requires either killing in Task Manager or rebooting to get to a clean state ready to start again.

PS. maybe a PAUSE too
Good request... I'll add it to my list of updates. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I have been working on trying to read the files and file structure from an BluRay ISO file. I have an algorithm that I hope will help improve picking the correct main title for bluray.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

qVAMPIREp wrote:It looks like something is broken. I have the latest version of Java, MakeMKV and Movies2MKV and all conversions fail. everything was working fine up until now. The movies all convert fine using MakeMKV on its own.
Could you please enable logging and PM me with the log once you've run it on one movie. That way I can trace where the problem lies. I'd really appreciate it!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Would also be cool if we could

- change the order the already added files are gonna be converted in (drag & drop)
- a right-click on a file in the queue would open a context menu where files could be removed

Thx.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Chetwood wrote:Would also be cool if we could

- change the order the already added files are gonna be converted in (drag & drop)
- a right-click on a file in the queue would open a context menu where files could be removed

Thx.
Chetwood, Thanks... I'll add to my list. :-) Have a few updates to make.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

New version is available. If you start the current version of the application, it should download and install. If not, the link at the start of this application should download the latest version.

I've implemented a few of the requests in the version and hopefully it will run a little better as well. Here are some of the things that are updated with this version:
  • Added drag and drop capability in the list. You can drag and drop files or folders and the application will find the movies and add them to the conversion list.
  • You can drag and drop within the conversion list to change the order in which things convert
  • I've added a context menu to allow you to move within the list as well as edit/delete/copy to clipboard.
  • You can now find movies, movie items, and edit items while a conversion is in process.
  • Killing the conversion or find movie process now exits cleanly
  • You can now pause your process
  • After conversion actions are now available (play a sound, clear completed, exit application, exit and shutdown computer)
  • Formatting scheme, so that you can organize the output of your conversions the way you like it.
These are just a few of major changes in the application. It's had a work over and should hopefully run a little smoother. I tried to make formatting input/output files as easy as I could, but if you have any questions in regards to formatting your output, please let me know.

Enjoy!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Nice. Gonna check it out soon.

EDIT: Done. I'm on 1.97 and can't delete files from the list. Delete is greyed out?!
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Chetwood wrote:Nice. Gonna check it out soon.

EDIT: Done. I'm on 1.97 and can't delete files from the list. Delete is greyed out?!
Chetwood,

Do you have something selected in the list. It will stay greyed out unless something is selected.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

I believe there is a new stable version v1.9.14 out there now. Please test and make it is working well for your environment. I apologize for the frequent updates over the past few days. I've been testing with some people and kept making several small updates.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Hello. I am new to the forum and had a question about Movies2MKV. I downloaded MakeMKV and Movies2MKV but when I try to run it I get a brief pop up screen in DOS and then it disappears and the program doesn't run. Can anyone assist with this problem. I would really like to convert my library over to MKV files as soon as I can get the program running. Thank you.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Hello. I am new to the forum and had a question about Movies2MKV. I downloaded MakeMKV and Movies2MKV but when I try to run it I get a brief pop up screen in DOS and then it disappears and the program doesn't run. Can anyone assist with this problem. I would really like to convert my library over to MKV files as soon as I can get the program running. Thank you.

I'd be happy to help. May I ask what version of Java you have installed 32-bit or 64-bit? I've noticed that sometimes it has issues. Also, when did you download and test this out? I made a recent update in the past few days that is supposed to fix the issue it seems you are having.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

I just installed Movies2MKV & MakeMKV today 10/29. I installed the lastest Java yesterday 10/28 and it's (32 bit). I have been testing it all day with the same result.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:I just installed Movies2MKV & MakeMKV today 10/29. I installed the lastest Java yesterday 10/28 and it's (32 bit). I have been testing it all day with the same result.

There is a way to run the startup program (simple exe to start the Java application) in debug mode:
  1. Open a command prompt
  2. Change to the install directory (c:\\Program Files (x86)\Movie2MKV Converter)
  3. Type: Movies2MKV.exe -debug
  4. Once the screen flashes, go to where the logs are located: C:\\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs
  5. You should see a log file there (Movies2MKVStarter.log)
  6. If you open that, it will have data as to what is failing.
If you post what is in the log, perhaps I can see and fix whatever is going on.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

I am not good at command prompts so bear with me:

It looks like it shows-

Movies2MKVstarter.log. at System.IO__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorcode, String maybeFullPath)

there is additional information but this is the only area where is states an error.

I hope this helps.