Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

I've updated the application to include the fix for TolkienBard's issue.
TolkienBard

Post by TolkienBard »

rc4ester wrote:I've updated the application to include the fix for TolkienBard's issue.
I just got home and will reinstall MakeMKV and Movies2MKV and let you know what happens.
TolkienBard

Post by TolkienBard »

rc4ester wrote:
In the programming the \ means an escape character... so \" means to keep the " as a " versus as a string delimiter. So what I think is happening is because you are saving directly to the root drive it's adding a quote to the output file name. I can fix this issue.

However, there is a potential issue still, if you are concurrently converting files. MakeMKV will use, if no title proper title is found, title00.mkv as the output file name (before I rename). It is conceivable that you could have name conflicts while converting 2 or more files at one time. I've not ever ran into the issue, but it seems like it could be a possibility.
The larger batch I did was also saved directly to a root drive (N instead of K) without any issues, so I'm not sure why it suddenly took exception, but that does make some sense still.

As to running concurrent processes, for the output, I have it set to "Use parent folder name" which worked last time as well, as it slides each separate mkv nicely into the pre-existing folders that he VIDEO_TS files are found in.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I did output to a root dir too without issues. Weird.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Just thought I would write and let you know that I'm working on an upgrade with some extra features. I have a bit to do on it before I post it, but didn't want you to think I skipped town never to return. :)
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Nice. I really hope, you'll turn off the OK button at the end of the queue so it's really automated and can be used to shutdown the computer.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Chetwood wrote:Nice. I really hope, you'll turn off the OK button at the end of the queue so it's really automated and can be used to shutdown the computer.
May I ask what you mean by the "OK" button at the end of the queue?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Dang, I've mixed you up with MakeMKV Batch Converter :oops:
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Chetwood wrote:Dang, I've mixed you up with MakeMKV Batch Converter :oops:
No problem. I was planning to put in an option to shut down the app and/our computer after conversion.
zeker

Post by zeker »

rc4ester...

Thank you for your efforts!

I'm looking at changing several hundred iso's to mkv for more compatible use with servers and players, most immediately Plex.

I tried your latest version with just two iso files I brought with me to the office and they converted just fine.

One request, unless I'm missing it.... Ability to select the files for conversion. It looks like it will only "find" files and will load all compatible files from the current folder and any sub-folders. I guess my work around would be to move files to be converted in each batch to their own folder in order to control this.

Actually, this may be preferable to keep my work space cleaner. Move some files, convert them, check them, move the mkv's back.

Nevermind! (apologies to Gilda Radner)

I'm a bit nervous about relying on MKV files long term. It seems to be a boutique format that has been adopted, but don't know if it will remain so down the line. I started with iso's as I have a Dune and that community was recommending them. I would hate to have to convert my library again later on. Any thoughts on that? I should probably read more in the main forum section, but I've not seen any talk about this yet. Maybe not an issue.
Bahndit

Post by Bahndit »

rc4ester,

I have an interesting problem. For some reason I can't get your program to work correctly when accessing my Windows 8.1 machine through a Remote Desktop Session. Movies2MKV can't find any movies to process. Any thoughts as to why that would be. I've tried running the program "As an Administrator" but it still fails to find any files to process. It works just fine when running the program locally.

I also have a question about your program when processing Blu-ray's. Which audio track does Movies2MKV select when an HD Audio track (i.e. DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD) and standard audio track (i.e. Dolby Digital or DTS) are present when processing Blu-ray's?

This program is awesome by the way. If there is a way to donate I would love to.

-Bahndit
TolkienBard

Post by TolkienBard »

I'm not sure if it is because Java updated recently or what, but this program no longer wants to launch properly. I keep getting an error message.

I tried doing a repair and I tried uninstalling then re-installing. Nothing seemed to work. It's really a shame too. I've been loving this app.

EDIT: Since the forum seems to have eaten the pic of the error screen, the message is:

Error starting application:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 143037
zeker

Post by zeker »

FWIW, I keep Java pretty much up to date and it is opening ok for me. Win 7 x64 with Java 7 update 55 (64 bit) and Java 7 update 67 (32 bit).
TolkienBard

Post by TolkienBard »

zeker wrote:FWIW, I keep Java pretty much up to date and it is opening ok for me. Win 7 x64 with Java 7 update 55 (64 bit) and Java 7 update 67 (32 bit).
The Java update was just a guess on my part. AFAIK it's the only thing that has changed recently.
bruteforce

Post by bruteforce »

Just a note to thank you for this great program. Found it while prepping (actually procrastinating) for a mass conversion across 2 unRaid file servers (getting ready for using Plex been using MyMovies and will probably use both as MM handles offline titles better). Would have taken me months to covert all those ripped folder structures manually. Almost done with the first 2TB disc while watching Netflix in the other room. :)