Feature Request - Option to Select HD Audio by Default

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
kptaylor67

Feature Request - Option to Select HD Audio by Default

Post by kptaylor67 »

Hello folks - first of all, I LOVE MakeMKV. You guys do such great work that I was actually happy license your software, and I intend to continue using it. But I do have a favor to ask:

These days, more and more of us can decode HD-Audio (DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc.) and are choosing to include these tracks in our .mkv containers. The problem: at present, it's impossible to have MakeMKV select these tracks by default, so they must all be selected manually. You haven't had fun until you've had to manually select these tracks for every episode of an entire TV season - much less a series.

In the next release of MakeMKV, could you please create an option that will select HD audio tracks by default? I think many of us would appreciate it, and it would save us a great deal of time.

Many thanks for your consideration. Have a great day!
ndjamena

Re: Feature Request - Option to Select HD Audio by Default

Post by ndjamena »

Preferences | Advanced | Default Selection Rule

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
kptaylor67

Post by kptaylor67 »

My gosh - I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for the help - that was a lifesaver!
met_fan

Post by met_fan »

ndjamena wrote:Preferences | Advanced | Default Selection Rule

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
I checked out this topic and must confess to being lost trying to implement default selection of lossless HD audio. How do I modify the default selection rule to make it automatically select the lossless tracks?

Edit - just found another thread and I'm trying out the suggestion