How to auto-select "DTS-HD MA/TrueHD" instead of Core Audio?

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
VideoJunkie888

How to auto-select "DTS-HD MA/TrueHD" instead of Core Audio?

Post by VideoJunkie888 »

Hi, I'm not very technically gifted and most of the posts here seem too convoluted for me...

All I want to modify from the 'Default' MakeMKV profile is to have the program Auto-select the HD audio tracks within a Blu-ray disc - rather than the Core Audio (as it does by default) : I don't need the separate Core Audio (whether from HD-DTS or TrueHD - just the Hi-Def tracks)...

And I don't want to change any other settings, since 'default' works fine for me...

I'm just fed up of having to manually select the HD audio and de-select the Core Audio tracks all of the time...

Any kind person out there know how to easily do this basic task?

Would be much appreciated, thanx! :)
VideoJunkie888

Re: How to auto-select "DTS-HD MA/TrueHD" instead of Core Au

Post by VideoJunkie888 »

Oh, I just thought of something else...

with regard to 'conversion profiles' (something different than the 'track selection' profile query mentioned above)

It seems that when you select the 'conversion profiles' (e.g. FLAC, AAC etc.) that they effect ALL of the audio tracks...

Is it possible to have a profile that only uses FLAC on LPCM tracks and leaves DTS-HD MA and TrueHD untouched as they are?

Often the main HD audio on a Blu-ray will be in one of these two HD formats, and certain other audio tracks on the disc (e.g. commentaries, descriptive, or audio from other extra material will be in the LPCM format)

I don't like this lossless format and would prefer that the conversion profile only effect the LPCM audio... Is this even possible?

I don't mind when they are AC3/Dolby Digital... just LPCM!

Thanx :)
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8008

View | Preferences | General | Expert Mode -> Advanced | Default selection rule

-sel:all,+sel:(eng|nolang),-sel:core,+sel:special

or customise to taste

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
VideoJunkie888

Post by VideoJunkie888 »

Thanks so much for your help ndjamena :D

Sorry for the belated gratitude, I only recently had chance to test both your "selection rule" syntax (for selecting 'HD Audio' in lieu of the 'Core' default setting)...

and your previously posted (and updated?) 'LPCM to FLAC' "conversion profile"...

and * both worked like a charm *, perfect!...

So a big two-thumbs up to you sir... Much appreciated!
jpsusenet

Post by jpsusenet »

This is for those that want it. The following will select all, select DTS-HD MA and english forced sub. This will not select DD track.

-sel:all,+sel:(eng|nolang),-sel:core,-sel:havelossless