Question regarding DTS HD Master DD TrueHD default profile

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
AdamMason

Question regarding DTS HD Master DD TrueHD default profile

Post by AdamMason »

I'm new to this so please forgive me but the closest I've come to understanding the issue is on this thread: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8477

I am having trouble in getting a DTS HD Master or DD TrueHD output from my MKV rips. I have installed dtsdecoderdll.dll but do I need to change the default profile?

Ideally I would like only english audio on my output and I would like to have the first audio track in what the default profile currently provides and then a second audio track for DTS HD Master / DD TrueHD all with english forced subs (if that's preferable).

If anyone could provide what code should be in the default profile box for these options that would be fantastic!

Many thanks,

Adam
Woodstock

Re: Question regarding DTS HD Master DD TrueHD default profi

Post by Woodstock »

To have complete control requires external programs. You can rearrange tracks in the MKV file using the tools in mkvtoolnix (Google will give you the website to download them from), or you can transcode the file using handbrake (handbrake.fr) to have any order you want.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
AdamMason

Post by AdamMason »

Thanks for the info, but is there a way to only rip english audio soundtracks in MakeMKV?

I tried this (amended) default code to get the standard down code audio plus a DTS HD Master audio track:

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang,-sel:all,+sel:(eng|nolang),-sel:core,-sel:havelossless

but all I got was a DTS HD Master audio track but I need a DTS Surround (core?) audio track too. Any help to change the default code to do that would be really appreciated.

I have a collection of 400+ blu-rays which I'm ripping to a media server. The MakeMKV default "default code" works fine as a DTS Surround file playable on my DLNA TV's but I have a Mede8er DTS HD Master media player to use with my surround system, hence why I need both audio files.

And yes, if I can get the 2 audio files working I will be buying a copy of MakeMKV as I can't stop buying Blu-rays!

Thanks

Adam
AdamMason

Post by AdamMason »

Woodstock wrote:To have complete control requires external programs. You can rearrange tracks in the MKV file using the tools in mkvtoolnix (Google will give you the website to download them from), or you can transcode the file using handbrake (handbrake.fr) to have any order you want.
I have done as you suggested, but the MKV output file using the default profile in MakeMKV v1.9.1 does not output a DTS-HD Master Audio track - mkvmerge does not see such a file. I've tried changing the default profile in Advanced Options to -sel:all,+sel:(eng|nolang),-sel:core,-sel:havelossless as posted on another thread to gain a DTS-HD Master Audio track but it crashes when trying to encode the blu-ray Star Wars movies as well as a few others.

Just for information, the default profile which was NOT creating a DTS-HD Master Audio track was: -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

Any ideas? Reading on the forums all over the place, the version of dtsdecoderdll.dll doesn't matter when simply trying to rip a DTS-HD Master Audio track... but I'm running 1.1.0.8 just in case it's important.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The -sel:havelossless says do NOT select the lossless (HD) track... I think you want that to be a +sel.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
AdamMason

Post by AdamMason »

Thanks Woodstock, so -sel:all,+sel:(eng|nolang),-sel:core,+sel:havelossless should give me a DTS-HD Master audio track. Will it also give me a Dolby Digital TrueHD track if the disc is encoded with one?

Many thanks!