3D

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
ThomasCSR

3D

Post by ThomasCSR »

I still got 29 days left of my trial period but I need to know if and how MakeMKV handles 3D Blueray discs.
I have Pavtube and it converts 3D to .avi files but I canøt select audio and subtitles streams.
Hope someone can answare my question before the trial expires. I'd like to test before buy :D
Woodstock

Re: 3D

Post by Woodstock »

If you use "backup" on Bluray, the 3D information will be imbedded within the file structure, just as it is on the BD.

If you chose to "open" the disk and save the titles as MKV files, MakeMKV defaults to NOT saving the special 3D track within a title. You can change this behavior by modifying the default selection rule (have to have "Expert mode" turned on, use a profile with the appropriate selection rule, check the "Advanced topics" section here for more information).

Manually, you need to click the little triangle next to the title in the left menu, which will expand to show the tracks within the title. Find the one marked "MVC", and put a check next to it. When you save the files, the MVC information will be added to the MKV track.

Then, you're at the mercy of the player. Some support 3D information in MKV files, others do not.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ThomasCSR

Post by ThomasCSR »

I'll try that.
The things is, that I want the 3D in SBS mode.
In fact I always crop and adjust afterwards. I shrink the movies to around 1.5Gb and 3D's to somewhat 2.5Gb.
So its mainly the facility of handling all streams that interest me. If I can't save the 3D movies in SBS I can do that otherwise and just use MakeMKV for sound and sub purpose. Muxing is no problem.
Anyway I'll give this advanced feature a try.
ThomasCSR

Post by ThomasCSR »

It dosn't work.
I'll have to extract sound and subtitles with MakeDVD and use PavTube for the 3D SBS video.