makemkv.com domain down

Old, outdated, resolved and locked topics end up here...

Moderator: mike admin

mike admin

makemkv.com domain down

Post by mike admin »

One should never underestimate human stupidity. Due to a chain of unlikely events we managed to (temporarily) loose the makemkv.com domain. The domain is still ours - it is just we can't renew it for now. So, makemkv.info is our new home for a bit. As of today (June 17th) things are still broken a bit, but everything should be back to normal on a new address in a day...
mike admin

Re: makemkv.com domain down

Post by mike admin »

current status:
forum works
website works
email is down
all keys/svq assets are down
frydryce

Post by frydryce »

thanks for the update! many people have speculated as such... thanks for doing the hard work and keeping everything up and running! Hopefully the key server will be up soon.... so many of us are waiting to backup our JW4 discs =)
frydryce

Post by frydryce »

also... if you currently don't control the .com does this mean our emails with logfiles have been going missing as well? do we send to .info or should we just wait a few days?
selfhosted

Post by selfhosted »

I might need to add, that the Recaptcha domain is still the old one in the forum so new members cannot join without changing their hosts file. :)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

frydryce wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:53 pm
also... if you currently don't control the .com does this mean our emails with logfiles have been going missing as well? do we send to .info or should we just wait a few days?
The switch was pulled yesterday, I do have most emails. If you didn't get the bounce message, most likely the email went through...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

current status:
makemkv.com slowly goes back online!
- forum works
- website works
- email works

all keys/svq assets are down
ReaperSPTN2109

Post by ReaperSPTN2109 »

hi mike just letting you know that the app says there is a 17.4 version available but on the download page its still 17.3
ReaperSPTN2109

Post by ReaperSPTN2109 »

nvm just noticed this is the .info site it was on the .com site. but i cant access makemkv.info but i can access the forums
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

mike admin wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:11 pm
One should never underestimate human stupidity. Due to a chain of unlikely events we managed to (temporarily) loose the makemkv.com domain. The domain is still ours - it is just we can't renew it for now. So, makemkv.info is our new home for a bit. As of today (June 17th) things are still broken a bit, but everything should be back to normal on a new address in a day...
sorry you had to deal with this nonsense but thanks for doing it.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Everything should be back now.