UHD Almost Famous Bootleg Cut - fails to open

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jcgriff

UHD Almost Famous Bootleg Cut - fails to open

Post by jcgriff »

Sent the dump file a week or so ago. Don't want to be a pain but is something else that might be going on. The theatrical version ripped fine. Send another or wait it out.

MakeMKV v1.16.5 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\John/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.2 id=62194E19F4EC)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\John/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v76_Almost_Famous_475D.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at S#u\au|JPy)q5}Kp:29396092
DEBUG: Code 0 at S#u\au|JPy)q5}Kp:29395172
Failed to open disc
CJ32601@yahoo.com

Re: UHD Almost Famous Bootleg Cut - fails to open

Post by CJ32601@yahoo.com »

I got the same thing. Sent the dump in last week as well. Hopefully we get a fix soon!
Hurin

Post by Hurin »

Works as of this morning. Had sent in the file too. :wink:
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

I'm not able to rip this one still. AACS dump file is the same filename as the OP. I'm getting "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed" but when I looked that up in the forums it says that's not used anymore? It was also saying the same thing about sdf downloads...no idea why, but I downloaded it manually and that error went away. I bought this movie specifically for the bootleg cut so I really need to be able to rip it!

EDIT: It seems I can't open ANY UHD now! Same error with all of them. There's no firewall blocking as I can manually download hkdata.fairuse.org/svq/sdf.dat.gz, but that isn't useful.
Last edited by olevelo on Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:40 pm
I'm not able to rip this one still. AACS dump file is the same filename as the OP. I'm getting "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed" but when I looked that up in the forums it says that's not used anymore? It was also saying the same thing about sdf downloads...no idea why, but I downloaded it manually and that error went away. I bought this movie specifically for the bootleg cut so I really need to be able to rip it!
HK downloading is very much used for UHDs.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20851
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:01 pm
olevelo wrote:

From the developer, this specifically says hkdata.fairuse.org isn't used anymore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24711
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 pm
dcoke22 wrote:
olevelo wrote:

From the developer, this specifically says hkdata.fairuse.org isn't used anymore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24711
You apparently missed the reference to 'hkdata.crabdance.com'
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:20 pm
olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 pm
dcoke22 wrote:

You apparently missed the reference to 'hkdata.crabdance.com'
The page I linked from the creator didn't say anything about crabdance. In any case, I see the one you posted did. Found that my router had some protect mode enabled that was blocking that particular one, so got that off and now it works (can't find any way to unblock only one site, stupid thing).

I recommend the developer add a more helpful prompt to the error...I read through at least a dozen pages of posts about the exact error I got, and all referenced the fairuse website but not crabdance.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:38 pm

The page I linked from the creator didn't say anything about crabdance. In any case, I see the one you posted did. Found that my router had some protect mode enabled that was blocking that particular one, so got that off and now it works (can't find any way to unblock only one site, stupid thing).

I recommend the developer add a more helpful prompt to the error...I read through at least a dozen pages of posts about the exact error I got, and all referenced the fairuse website but not crabdance.
The title of the topic dcoke22 provided a link to was 'hkdata.crabdance.com or hkdata.fairuse.org not found'. There are additional topics which mention it, as well.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:50 pm
olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:38 pm

The title of the topic dcoke22 provided a link to was 'hkdata.crabdance.com or hkdata.fairuse.org not found'. There are additional topics which mention it, as well.
When you search "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed", none (or at least any I noticed) mention the crabdance site but all mention fairuse. Can't know to search for crabdance if you don't know it's even potentially an issue. I'm not saying the link he posted wasn't relevant, I'm saying it's extremely hard to find this information out. Especially when the one "authoritative" source (the one I linked) which is linked in almost every thread, only talks about the one site not being used anymore (which doesn't even seem to be the case).
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:58 pm
... Especially when the one "authoritative" source (the one I linked) which is linked in almost every thread, only talks about the one site not being used anymore (which doesn't even seem to be the case).
Just trying to push you to a solution. Plenty of info available. It just might not be obvious.

MakeMKV is working as designed. Problem is some DNS servers/firewalls/AVs have a problem w/ stuff hosted in the Russian Federation... one bad apple, & all that. Beyond reporting "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.", how can it know the root of the problem?
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:13 pm
olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:58 pm
... Especially when the one "authoritative" source (the one I linked) which is linked in almost every thread, only talks about the one site not being used anymore (which doesn't even seem to be the case).
Just trying to push you to a solution. Plenty of info available. It just might not be obvious.

MakeMKV is working as designed. Problem is some DNS servers/firewalls/AVs have a problem w/ stuff hosted in the Russian Federation... one bad apple, & all that. Beyond reporting "Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.", how can it know the root of the problem?
I have the solution now, now that I know that crabdance was the problem. Based on all of the threads over the years, the firewall problem is extremely common, so instead of the error just being "failed", it should say "why" it failed (if it's not able to resolve a particular host, it knows that and can report it), or at least point the user to a wiki or thread explaining common solutions. Once again, the official post that talks about it doesn't talk about crabdance!