Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dasefx

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by dasefx » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Big news for LG 2016 oled owners!!
Someone told me that DV MP4 remux work with sony x700 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Test it, it should work and let us know!

olevelo

Post by olevelo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 pm

dasefx wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm
Big news for LG 2016 oled owners!!
Someone told me that DV MP4 remux work with sony x700 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Test it, it should work and let us know!
Why 2016 LG? Wouldn't that be any DV capable TV that doesn't play them directly? Besides that though, a blu-ray player being able to play them kind of defeats the purpose to me...if I had a blu-ray player, I would just play the disc, and get DV and Atmos and everything!

dasefx

Post by dasefx » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Well, untill now, only oppo was playing DV movies

powdeau

Post by powdeau » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:07 am

Thank you,
it is also working with encodes (I demux hevc file from encode + use original DV layer from Untouched BD). The only problem is that the encode is cropped because of black bars and this tool put in to the bottom of that DV layer, which has black bars. Is there any way to set it, so the encode in places in the middle of the second layer?

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 am

If you're encoding with handbrake, turn off auto cropping and set the cropping four values to zero. That will leave the letterboxing untouched, so it will remain centered.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

dasefx

Post by dasefx » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am

Has anyone tried a movie that had a green tint in LG 2016 oled, but playable probably without it with sony x700?
Because someone else tried that with xbox, and it said that the TV DV version is too old

koalaman130

Post by koalaman130 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 am

Hey,
Sorry I am a noob to all this but I can seem to get this to even start to work.. I must be missing something. When I try to run mp4muxer it opens a command prompt window for a split second, then nothing. The same thing happens when I try using command prompt to open it, it does the same thing. If anyone has time to help, I would greatly appreciate it! I would really love to do some dv remuxes. Thank in advance!

olevelo

Post by olevelo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:34 pm

koalaman130 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 am
Hey,
Sorry I am a noob to all this but I can seem to get this to even start to work.. I must be missing something. When I try to run mp4muxer it opens a command prompt window for a split second, then nothing. The same thing happens when I try using command prompt to open it, it does the same thing. If anyone has time to help, I would greatly appreciate it! I would really love to do some dv remuxes. Thank in advance!
You have to do it from a command prompt. It's command line driven. If you're in a command prompt, and navigate to the folder where it's at, you should be able to type the command line in. It shouldn't be closing the command prompt window on you.

powdeau

Post by powdeau » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 am

koalaman130 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 am
Hey,
I do it this way: I put all tracks into the bin folder, there (if you use Windows Explorer) I type "cmd" to the address bar (bar with folder path). Then I paste there the command from post 1.