Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Phrehdd

Re: UHD FAQ

Post by Phrehdd » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm
Phrehdd wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:52 pm
With HDR, is the single MKV file created sufficient for playback (on a 4K tv that supports HRD) via Nvidia Shield TV? Do I need an entire backup of the UHD disc?
An MKV is perfectly fine for HDR playback on the SHIELD. Works in Plex, Kodi with no problems. No need to back up the whole disc.
Thank you much for getting back to me so quickly. Off to get a few more discs taken care of!

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm a little bit confused. In this thread the key files are named as "both KEYDB.cfg and hashed keys are text files" or "KEYDB.cfg or as hashed key". But after I downloaded the file its name is "keys_hashed.txt". Do I need to rename it to "hashed keys" without extension before copying it to the MakeMKV data directory?!

And what is the data directory, "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MakeMKV"?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:21 pm

mgutt wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:08 pm
I'm a little bit confused. In this thread the key files are named as "both KEYDB.cfg and hashed keys are text files" or "KEYDB.cfg or as hashed key". But after I downloaded the file its name is "keys_hashed.txt". Do I need to rename it to "hashed keys" without extension before copying it to the MakeMKV data directory?!

And what is the data directory, "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MakeMKV"?
If you note the dates on those discussions, they are VERY old news. Hashed keys are now automatically downloaded, if available, when the disc is scanned.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 854#p75730

Edit: I notice this particular thread is a tad long-in-the-tooth, as well.

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks. This explains why Planet Earth II was readable ^^

But someone should update the FAQ.