Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
XrayDoc88

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Post by XrayDoc88 »

I just tried ripping my first UHD blu-ray. It was a brand new copy of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. I have an "approved" ASUS Blu-ray drive and the latest version of MakeMKV. Everything went fine for about 34 minutes, then I started getting some read errors and the process failed. I have examined this disc with a magnifying glass. It looks like a perfect polished gold mirror.

Has anyone else had trouble with this movie? Do you think another "perfect" copy would fair any better?
P.S. I just ripped Solo - A Star Wars Story successfully.
st4evr

Re: Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Post by st4evr »

Read:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17982

And follow up here.
Buffoon

Post by Buffoon »

If it begins to copy the disc and then errors out, it usually means that there is an issue reading the disc. I would suggest cleaning the disc and trying again. Another thing that has worked for me is to do a full disc decryption/backup and then create the mkv from that copy. Don't stop trying either. Infinity War took me 10 attempts before it actually was able to make the copy.
XrayDoc88

Post by XrayDoc88 »

Well, go figure!

I tried ripping the disc with v1.12.2, but it didn't have the needed decription key. So I then decided to rip it again using v1.12.3 for the third or fourth time so I could generate a dump file/error log to post here. Of course it ripped successfully! I never saw a scratch on the disc and never cleaned it. I guess it just needed 3-4 attempts to work, which really doesn't make any sense.

I have ripped about 5 other 4K discs without an issue using v1.12.3.
cv15xbmc

Post by cv15xbmc »

Is this the general consensus with hashed keys error? Just clean the disc and keep ripping them until they work? Or is it better to try back up the disc the second time rather than open disc and try to select the movie.

I’ve had to rip a few discs multiple times before it worked, but trying to rip something more than twice is infuriating.