Halloween (1978) UHD Bluray volume key?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
OpenRift

Halloween (1978) UHD Bluray volume key?

Post by OpenRift »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I was wondering, does the 4K release of Halloween have a volume key on the current iteration of keys_hashed.txt file (10/6/18)? Looking in the file suggests that this is true, as the movie is listed twice in a row. However, upon putting the file in the .MakeMKV folder and attempting to rip the disc in MakeMKV, I still get errors like in the screenshot below:
Bluray.png
Bluray.png (159.26 KiB) Viewed 11603 times
I currently have an LG WH16NS60 drive, which is advertised to read UHD Blu-ray drives (it says it on the drive itself) and it's running firmware version 1.01.
kingston12

Re: Halloween (1978) UHD Bluray volume key?

Post by kingston12 »

Did you resolve this in the end?

I am getting the same error when trying to rip this one.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@OpenRift

I believe that your LG WH16NS60 is an official UHD drive. These do not work with MakeMKV for ripping UHD discs. You need a 'UHD friendly' drive to be able to rip UHD discs.

A search on this forum for 'UHD friendly' will give you more information.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 am
@OpenRift

I believe that your LG WH16NS60 is an official UHD drive. These do not work with MakeMKV for ripping UHD discs. You need a 'UHD friendly' drive to be able to rip UHD discs.

That is correct, UNLESS that drive was cross flashed and made UHD Friendly instead:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17091

To OP: In which case if it has NOT been cross flashed it will NOT work to rip UHD BDs with MakeMKV at this time. You will need ripping software that does support that drive. How? It’s been discussed countless of times already. The search function and/or Google are your friends.
OpenRift

Post by OpenRift »

kingston12 wrote:Did you resolve this in the end?

I am getting the same error when trying to rip this one.
As of writing, no I haven't, unfortunately. However, @st4evr has suggested an alternative that may get it to work, so there may be hope.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FredNation

Post by FredNation »

st4evr wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:56 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 am
@OpenRift

That is correct, UNLESS that drive was cross flashed and made UHD Friendly instead:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17091

To OP: In which case if it has NOT been cross flashed it will NOT work to rip UHD BDs with MakeMKV at this time. You will need ripping software that does support that drive. How? It’s been discussed countless of times already. The search function and/or Google are your friends.
So you're saying even if I select "open disc" and select the movie video file only I still can use an official UHD drive?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@FredNation,

Nope. An official UHD drive will not work with MakeMKV at all, UNLESS IT HAS BEEN CROSS-FLASHED with a 'UHD Friendly' firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com