Mission: Impossible Fallout UHD - Fails to decrypt

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
extranet

Re: Mission: Impossible Fallout UHD - Fails to decrypt

Post by extranet »

I would have "thought" that there wouldn't be that much difference between the European discs.
babypuncher

Post by babypuncher »

Looks like the key database has been updated with the keys for this pesky Amazon-bought copy of MI:F, I have it decrypting right now.
stevenh

Post by stevenh »

I initially had issues with this disk, in my case media errors, sounded like the drive didn't like the disk at all; like you get with a badly scratched disk.

I downgraded to 1.14.1 no joy but then with one last attempt with makemkv 1.14.2 running before I put the disk in I managed to get a successful rip.
RonJones

Post by RonJones »

I'm new to ripping UHD BDs and just recently installed a Asus BD burner and flashed the firmware to make it UHD BD friendly. I'm using the latest beta of MakeMKV and have successuflly ripped about 10 of my UHD Blu-rays while the only one that failed to rip so far is MI: Fallout. I don't recall if I picked up this specific disc at Walmart or Best Buy shortly after it was released. Anyone else still having problems ripping Fallout (especially if you are using a Asus BW-16D1HT blu-ray burner)?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

RonJones wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 pm
I'm new to ripping UHD BDs and just recently installed a Asus BD burner and flashed the firmware to make it UHD BD friendly. I'm using the latest beta of MakeMKV and have successuflly ripped about 10 of my UHD Blu-rays while the only one that failed to rip so far is MI: Fallout. I don't recall if I picked up this specific disc at Walmart or Best Buy shortly after it was released. Anyone else still having problems ripping Fallout (especially if you are using a Asus BW-16D1HT blu-ray burner)?
Please provide some details regarding what error you get.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

RonJones wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 pm
Was able to rip Mission Impossible Fallout 4K UHD BD successfully. Using Asus BW-16D1HT drive on Mac OS Mavericks. Try cleaning the 4K disc as some 4K discs needs cleaning first. The 4K UHD file is big at 70.94G.
RonJones

Post by RonJones »

I had already tried cleaning the disc but that didn't (no visible finger prints or other defects) on the disc. Disc plays just fine on my Panasonic 820 player in my home theater.
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

@RonJones. Maybe post the error messages you’re getting like what MartyMcNuts suggested. The experts here may be able to suggest options. PC Optical drives are different in hardware technology compared to home theatre blu-ray players. If the movie plays fine in HT blu-ray players, it does not always mean it will be read/played ok in a PC blu-ray player. I’ve also experienced a blu-ray movie playing fine on a HT BD player but had read errors when played on a PC blu-ray drive.