Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DaMacFunkin

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Exovitae wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:58 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:45 pm
Exovitae wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:09 pm
Hey guys

Can someone help me out with some answers to my questions please? Can the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 to play this new single layer Dolby Vision remuxes with looselles Atmos? If yes does Kodi play them or i need to install other softwares too?

I have a B9 OLED and i can play mp4 remuxes with double layer Dolby Vision with the internal player but i cant have Atmos sound so i was searching for some solution to play DV movies with Atmos too. I bought a M9702 media player, its a clone of the Oppo 203 Blu Ray player with jailbraked firmware but i dont like the quality it outputs, HDR 10 movies and Dolby Vision movies are less bright and the luminance of the highlights its way better with the internal player of the TV.
Im disappointed as i heard that this Oppo clones image quality is very good but if concomitently i play the same scene on my TV internal player you can clearly see a big picture quality difference in the favor of my TV.

So if i buy a 2019 shield will i be able to play DV remuxes? Will the quality be good enough or with the remux process of this single layer will loose some quality?
I have the M9702 and with Dolby vision it is almost a reference picture, you need to switch processing to TV led (RGB tunnelling), the picture should be stunning. (Player led processing is LLDV which is darker in my set up).
You may also have different settings for the internal player than the HDMI input.
In my opinion the Oppp clone with TV led processing is way better than the Shield, the shield has problems with color push and black crush.
As you own the B9 (not as good at HDR10 as the C9) mux your HDR10 files to ISO/BDMV/M2TS and the Oppo clone can be set to virtual Dolby Vision mode (VS10) combined with the TV led processing it is very very good.
Thanks for the answer, i know about the DV settings in the M9702, and for some time now i have it set on TV Led, seen some improvements but luminance of highlights wont go as my TV's player. Everyone is telling me how good this Oppo clone is but i just cant get the picture quality of my TV's player.

I don't have different settings for my internal player, they are exactly the same as the HDMI input!
The Oppo clone dosent have a coroidal Talema power supply, does this matter? How about cables? I have a cheap HDMI 2.0 cable but it can handle the needed bandwidth. Does the firmware of the M9702 count, i dont have the one with the guitar picture on the background, background pictures are like on the original Oppo.
What could be wrong, im so pissed.

What do you mean by color push with the Shield? English is not my native language.
Hi, I do have the upgraded power supply, I also kept all settings in the Clone Oppo to Auto except for the Dolby Vision - TV led processing and I choose source direct as output.

Not sure why you are not happy with the pic, are you using the original dual track UHD files (iso/BDMV/m2ts)?
Exovitae

Post by Exovitae »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:15 pm
Exovitae wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:58 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:45 pm

I have the M9702 and with Dolby vision it is almost a reference picture, you need to switch processing to TV led (RGB tunnelling), the picture should be stunning. (Player led processing is LLDV which is darker in my set up).
You may also have different settings for the internal player than the HDMI input.
In my opinion the Oppp clone with TV led processing is way better than the Shield, the shield has problems with color push and black crush.
As you own the B9 (not as good at HDR10 as the C9) mux your HDR10 files to ISO/BDMV/M2TS and the Oppo clone can be set to virtual Dolby Vision mode (VS10) combined with the TV led processing it is very very good.
Thanks for the answer, i know about the DV settings in the M9702, and for some time now i have it set on TV Led, seen some improvements but luminance of highlights wont go as my TV's player. Everyone is telling me how good this Oppo clone is but i just cant get the picture quality of my TV's player.

I don't have different settings for my internal player, they are exactly the same as the HDMI input!
The Oppo clone dosent have a coroidal Talema power supply, does this matter? How about cables? I have a cheap HDMI 2.0 cable but it can handle the needed bandwidth. Does the firmware of the M9702 count, i dont have the one with the guitar picture on the background, background pictures are like on the original Oppo.
What could be wrong, im so pissed.

What do you mean by color push with the Shield? English is not my native language.
Hi, I do have the upgraded power supply, I also kept all settings in the Clone Oppo to Auto except for the Dolby Vision - TV led processing and I choose source direct as output.

Not sure why you are not happy with the pic, are you using the original dual track UHD files (iso/BDMV/m2ts)?
I run BDMV directory on the M9702 and same movie remux in an mp4 container for the TV's player for the comparison.
geroiminor

Post by geroiminor »

could somebody explained me how to obtain a single DV file with tsmuxer that can be played on the 203.
i took a uhd of mine, create an mkv with makemkv 1.15.3 , extracted the h265 track , and remuxed into a ts with tsmuxer.

oppo long press info menu shows DV 12 bit. but the tv never display the logo.

mediainfo on the ts file correctly display
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

geroiminor wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:36 pm
could somebody explained me how to obtain a single DV file with tsmuxer that can be played on the 203.
i took a uhd of mine, create an mkv with makemkv 1.15.3 , extracted the h265 track , and remuxed into a ts with tsmuxer.

oppo long press info menu shows DV 12 bit. but the tv never display the logo.

mediainfo on the ts file correctly display
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Don’t create a mkv with Makemkv, create a full folder back up with makemkv, then drop the movie mpls from your full folder into tsmuxer.
Create an M2TS file with both Video tracks and whatever audio and subs you need.
I repeat, at no stage convert to mkv with Makemkv.
geroiminor

Post by geroiminor »

Ok but for testing/debugging reason on the oppo 203, i want to have a single track layer in a ts file, not double track.

Users have reported that single Layer DV in ts files are working on the oppo

Edit ; By working i mean that dolby vision is working / detected by the TV
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

I purchased a x700 and I watched Dolby Vision films last Friday, Saturday and Sunday :) . Last night I started to watch Apocalypse Now Final Cut and shortly after the 30minute mark the subtitles started going out of sync. I stopped the film and after restarting the player I wasn't able to fast forward, I've since read a few films have the fast forward problem.

I'm wondering if the subtitles going out of sync is caused by whatever is causing the fast forward problem, or if it has something to do with this information tsMuxer gave after muxing Apocalypse Now Final Cut:
B-pyramid level 3 detected. Shift DTS to 4 frames
Does anyone have any idea how I can prevent the subtitles going out of sync?
PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW »

I believe the furtherest we have got with the seeking issue, is that it is somehow related to the length of the file.

Interestingly, different formats, whilst they don’t support DV, supposedly allow seeking to work with long duration.

I haven’t got my player yet to investigate myself, but I think that’s all we know at the moment. Duration seems to be a factor but not necessarily the only factor at play.

Can’t help with the subtitle sync issue though, maybe someone else can.
KingLir

Post by KingLir »

I am not sure I got all the information here correctly....

After I rip, using latest MakeMKV 1.15.3, UHD disc with Dolby Vision (Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible)
Is there a way to convert it (MP4 or MKV) to DV profile 5 for playback on Apple TV 4K ? That of the DV stream and NOT the HDR10 fallback.
If it is possiable, technically, what is the data lost when converting from profile 7 to 5 ?
chros

Post by chros »

geroiminor wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 pm
Ok but for testing/debugging reason on the oppo 203, i want to have a single track layer in a ts file, not double track.

Users have reported that single Layer DV in ts files are working on the oppo

Edit ; By working i mean that dolby vision is working / detected by the TV
I think for testing you should go the other way around, if it works with mkvtoolnix:
find mp4/ts files here couple of pages back that Oppo plays back and then convert it to mkv.
Let me know if you won't find any of these, I'll dig it up for you.
Also you can ask other guys here with a Shield to test those mkvs if you don't have a Shiled (I don't).
koolkunz

Post by koolkunz »

Has anyone here been able to create a Single Track Dual Layer MEL MKV for 1917 which works on plex as expected?

I have tried creating:
MEL with HDR10Plus using GAMMA
MEL without HDR10Plus using GAMMA
MEL with HDR10Plus using BETA
MEL without HDR10Plus using BETA

All these files play correctly but Plex cannot seek forward in any of them / resume playback from a point in the middle of the movie and I can only start the file from beginning.

If anyone has been able to create a MEL file for 1917 that works properly on Plex please let me know how!
dmartinvera00

Post by dmartinvera00 »

Yesterday I merged the 2 videos (using mkvtoolnix) of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and with mp4muxer (dual layer) for DoVi. I've played it on my LG TV via external HDD and the video stutters (laggy)
baker99

Post by baker99 »

Slightly off topic, but say I want to convert dual layer files to single layer ones that will play on plex as a .ts, is the simplest way to use makemkv then use tsmuxer on the resulting mkv to make a ts?

Ideally I want a ts so I can play files on both plex (for convenience) and my X700 (for quality, assuming this process doesn't decrease that). I also want to maintain Atmos.

Edit: I may mean Dual track dual layer to single track, getting tired and confused after catching up on this thread!
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

baker99 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 pm
Slightly off topic, but say I want to convert dual layer files to single layer ones that will play on plex as a .ts, is the simplest way to use makemkv then use tsmuxer on the resulting mkv to make a ts?

Ideally I want a ts so I can play files on both plex (for convenience) and my X700 (for quality, assuming this process doesn't decrease that). I also want to maintain Atmos.

Edit: I may mean Dual track dual layer to single track, getting tired and confused after catching up on this thread!
Pretty much, but @RESET9999 may have the definitive answer on this, but I don't believe the x700 can play single track dual layer files.
baker99

Post by baker99 »

Thanks shawnc22, I had thought the X700 playback could be an issue, guess I'll keep two versions of each file for now (I'm going to need to buy more hard drives!),
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

The x700 supports most of the single-track / double-layer files. All the MEL movies work but some FEL movies don't work. Also the ST-DL files don't have the reboot bug.
I didn't find a dual-track / dual-layer file that doesn't work yet.