Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Billycar11

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Billycar11 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pm
USB 2.0 only but it's more than enough speed..... I watched tons of DV movie on the x700 and never experienced any problem. Gemini Man 60fps included. Some longer movies cannot be Fast Forward but not a big issue to me.

I bought a Shield on day 1 because I wanted Atmos (lossy) support on Netflix, Disney. Plus back then, I had no idea what fel or mel was. Also, I really like Movies Anywhere app (close quality to bluray) and hate Apple.
Turns out, the lack of frame-rate-match annoys me enough to still use my x700 for Netflix lol . tried the beta app but it caused occasional stutter. So I only use my shield for MA... PC can't play DV.
yes most 4K movies top out at 100mbps some go to 140mbps usb 2.0 is 480mbps
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Asfi51

Post by Asfi51 »

Hi,

players x700 and x800 supports 24p hdmi output for Dolby Vision files ?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Asfi51 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 pm
Hi,

players x700 and x800 supports 24p hdmi output for Dolby Vision files ?
yes the x700 supports 23.976 and 24 hz..
it doesn't support 25hz.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:18 am
Hi, I followed that thread last year just as they was testing and teasing with it, (that is the site I bought the unit through) but most users have been disappointed with it so I never gave it a go, the way I understand it is you browse the library on an external device and then ‘fling’ it to the Chinoppo which is neither here nor there to me.
It’s no biggy I was hoping for the holy grail of total integration and that Yuescope or somebody else had found a way to wrap Dual Stream into a format devices could decode fully.
Off topic: latest releases of DVD fab claim to mixing TrueHD into mp4 AND achieving playback via e-arc.
I don’t have an AVR capable of e-arc or the money for a Diva, anybody been able to try this? Is this where Youscope and others that where originally working on this project disappeared too, working for DVDfab?
Yeah that's my impression of how it worked as well. I saw the demonstration video and thought it looked promising, but my Spanish is elementary at best so I didn't read too much into the thread on people's actual experiences.

As for TrueHD and mp4, even if DVDFab is able do it, you're still missing a device that can properly decode both DL DV and TrueHD. Even though the non-X generation LG OLEDS can play DL DV, its internal player cannot decode TrueHD so having eARC is moot there. Maybe the Oppo can do it, but I don't know how much better this is than just playing the full folder backups.
Like I said don’t have the equipment to try it and I’m not on the fab forums so I don’t know what devices it’s working on.
kws53

Post by kws53 »

My system includes:
1) HTPC - with Plex Client
2) Shield 2019 Pro - with Plex Client
3) X700 - with 16GB USB drive
4) LG CX77 - with Plex Client
5) Denon 2020 AVR

I very much like the look and feel of the Shield System, so that is my preferred method of streaming. With these options available to me and the limitations of the CX, what would you recommend as:
a) the overall best quality video performance from an original ISO file? Using what piece of hardware? (Which Yuseope method?)
b) the best "version" of video for use on the Shield? (FEL to MEL? Which Yuseope method?)
c) TV-Led vs Shield LLTV (how does one invoke this option on the Shield or on the LG?)
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

sow dolby vision won from mkv? it's failed?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

kws53 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 pm
My system includes:
1) HTPC - with Plex Client
2) Shield 2019 Pro - with Plex Client
3) X700 - with 16GB USB drive
4) LG CX77 - with Plex Client
5) Denon 2020 AVR

I very much like the look and feel of the Shield System, so that is my preferred method of streaming. With these options available to me and the limitations of the CX, what would you recommend as:
a) the overall best quality video performance from an original ISO file? Using what piece of hardware? (Which Yuseope method?)
b) the best "version" of video for use on the Shield? (FEL to MEL? Which Yuseope method?)
c) TV-Led vs Shield LLTV (how does one invoke this option on the Shield or on the LG?)
a) Use the x700. Extract out the BL & EL from the main video of the iso and mux with latest nightly of tsmuxer. No yusecope's tool needed.
b) Rip with makemkv 1.15.4 and done, no conversions needed. FEL will play, but EL is ignored.
c) You cannot control this unless you have an HDFury or another EDID spoofer. Your playback chain will always result in TV-Led DV.
kws53

Post by kws53 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:03 pm

a) Use the x700. Extract out the BL & EL from the main video of the iso and mux with latest nightly of tsmuxer. No yusecope's tool needed.
b) Rip with makemkv 1.15.4 and done, no conversions needed. FEL will play, but EL is ignored.
c) You cannot control this unless you have an HDFury or another EDID spoofer. Your playback chain will always result in TV-Led DV.
a) No problem, thanks
b) Is this equivalent to GAMMA? I don't use MakeMKV.

It will be interesting to see differences in the output between a) and b).
kws53

Post by kws53 »

kws53 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:22 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

a) No problem, thanks
b) Is this equivalent to GAMMA? I don't use MakeMKV. If so, this is what I currently do for the Shield.

whatsmyname

Post by whatsmyname »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:55 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Ah yeah I saw your signature :D

What is you audio setup? Dolby atmos? Is the x700 able to output dolby atmos to the receiver while playing m2ts dolby vision files?
yep, the x700 can output any lossless audio format + Dolby Vision FEL. Subtitles also work. Cinavia free as well
Do you know if someone has already done a comparison between the BluRay and a m2ts remux to make sure the picture is actually identical (for FEL content)?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

whatsmyname wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:25 pm
Do you know if someone has already done a comparison between the BluRay and a m2ts remux to make sure the picture is actually identical (for FEL content)?
Yes i did some comparisons a while ago, and it is identical. The x700 is a 1:1 DV playback device.
here's one that i kept:
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/10487
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

kws53 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:22 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

a) No problem, thanks
b) Is this equivalent to GAMMA? I don't use MakeMKV.

Not sure what GAMMA spits out, but at this stage, yusecope's tool is not needed for playback on the Shield. Just rip with makemkv and call it a day; it's the best result you'll get with the Shield. Comparisons between a) and b) have been done extensively by @RESET_9999 and @Manixx2000, and they show the Shield's picture inaccuracies.
XTrojan

Post by XTrojan »

I have been checking out some BluRay players, specifically the Panasonic UB820, The sony X700, X800M2 and X1100. In most reviews it says the UB820 has the best PQ for Dolby Vision but it has subpar support for playing back ripped BDs. Do the Sonys have as good network streaming support (of Bluray files) like for say Kodi or Plex does (without the dolby vision bugs/issues, full support MEL & FEL and TV-Led playback)?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

XTrojan wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:13 am
I have been checking out some BluRay players, specifically the Panasonic UB820, The sony X700, X800M2 and X1100. In most reviews it says the UB820 has the best PQ for Dolby Vision but it has subpar support for playing back ripped BDs. Do the Sonys have as good network streaming support (of Bluray files) like for say Kodi or Plex does (without the dolby vision bugs/issues, full support MEL & FEL and TV-Led playback)?
All the bluray players have the same DV SDK so they all output the same quality.
Yes the Sony support tv-led, FEL, MEL... No DV color issues. All of this has been answered in the past few days. you guys should read the thread a bit instead of repeating the same questions over and over
Network playback(DLNA, no plex) works too but it's not fast enough for high bitrate movies.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 am
I have a few more questions:
-what is the usb port on the x700? Is it usb 3.0? For high bitrate movies, is there any problem (e.g. stuttering, freezing) playing the dolby vision m2ts file straight from the external hdd connected to the x700? Gemini Man in 4k 60fps dolby vision is an example. That file stutters like hell on my c9, but probably that's because the c9's chip is not powerful enough, not because of the usb speed.
-why do you need the Shield when you have a powerful pc and the x700 that can play everything I wonder?
USB 2.0 only but it's more than enough speed..... I watched tons of DV movie on the x700 and never experienced any problem. Gemini Man 60fps included. Some longer movies cannot be Fast Forward but not a big issue to me.

I bought a Shield on day 1 because I wanted Atmos (lossy) support on Netflix, Disney. Plus back then, I had no idea what fel or mel was. Also, I really like Movies Anywhere app (close quality to bluray) and hate Apple.
Turns out, the lack of frame-rate-match annoys me enough to still use my x700 for Netflix lol . tried the beta app but it caused occasional stutter. So I only use my shield for MA... PC can't play DV.
Any idea why longer movies can't be fast forwarded?