Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
kazuma

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma »

do we get a single-layer or a double-layer DV MP4-file with the tool of grencola?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

kazuma wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:18 pm
do we get a single-layer or a double-layer DV MP4-file with the tool of grencola?
My tool just uses dolbymp4muxer which just takes a dual layer m2ts / mkv and makes it mp4. it doesn't combine the layers like dvdfab does, that's proprietary tech which hasn't been reversed engineered yet. but I did notice dvdfab.exe works from a command line.. so potentially, provided you have an activated dvdfab license on your pc and I packed in all the required programs, I could make a fully automated one-click tool again where you just pick one of your uhd bd backups, and it makes you a single layer dv mp4 with the full original hd-audio retained.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

extranet wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:03 pm
OK this is a very long thread. I've looked through, tried a couple of things with DVDfab but it's just HDR. So my simple question is how do I get make DV rips/copies of my discs that I can then play on my 2019 Shield with HDR+DV?
If you mean a file that is HDR10 and DV you can’t, the Shield only supports Single layer DV files, the resulting file will not then playback in a player that only supports HDR10.
When you add a UHD full rip to DVDfab you then need to click the little spanner icon to change the setting to single layer, it defaults to double layer, that is why you are only getting HDR.
Regards.
agentreza

Post by agentreza »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:11 am
kazuma wrote:
My tool just uses dolbymp4muxer which just takes a dual layer m2ts / mkv and makes it mp4. it doesn't combine the layers like dvdfab does, that's proprietary tech which hasn't been reversed engineered yet. but I did notice dvdfab.exe works from a command line.. so potentially, provided you have an activated dvdfab license on your pc and I packed in all the required programs, I could make a fully automated one-click tool again where you just pick one of your uhd bd backups, and it makes you a single layer dv mp4 with the full original hd-audio retained.
Omg if you can create a one click tool with Dvd fab + core & HD audio, i will worship you! :D :D

I've mostly gotten everything to work except atmos to pcm conversions, not getting any audio playing through the shield. Testing on my Pc with VLC is already yielding the same result.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:11 am
kazuma wrote:
i play DV-files with my LG C9 player, i'm good with only dts-sound. there is in my situation no need to use dvdfab i suppose?
extranet

Post by extranet »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:09 am
extranet wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:03 pm
OK this is a very long thread. I've looked through, tried a couple of things with DVDfab but it's just HDR. So my simple question is how do I get make DV rips/copies of my discs that I can then play on my 2019 Shield with HDR+DV?
If you mean a file that is HDR10 and DV you can’t, the Shield only supports Single layer DV files, the resulting file will not then playback in a player that only supports HDR10.
When you add a UHD full rip to DVDfab you then need to click the little spanner icon to change the setting to single layer, it defaults to double layer, that is why you are only getting HDR.
Regards.
Thanks. So does the manual solution now enable the single layer approach to work with object oriented audio? Sorry I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread. It would make sense to have a header post on page one summarising what is possible with links to appropriate pages for more info. Failing that a summary post anywhere in this thread.
box4m

Post by box4m »

I cant figure out why i cant play my dv single layer mp4s in MXPlayer on 2019 Shield, if i only use dvdfab and copy sound and nothing more, they work, but not if i merge them with mp4box (dts+chapters+dvdfab video)

Does it work for others?
And how can i achieve this yusesoplayer? Do i then sideload it somehow?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

box4m wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm
I cant figure out why i cant play my dv single layer mp4s in MXPlayer on 2019 Shield, if i only use dvdfab and copy sound and nothing more, they work, but not if i merge them with mp4box (dts+chapters+dvdfab video)

Does it work for others?
mx player doesn't officially support dts and dolby digital audio, so you need to load a custom codec. see here for explanation: https://www.guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/ there's also an xda link to the codec file, the mx_tegra3.zip should be the one for the shield I'd imagine.
box4m

Post by box4m »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:14 pm
box4m wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Does it work for others?
mx player doesn't officially support dts and dolby digital audio, so you need to load a custom codec. see here for explanation: https://www.guidingtech.com/37749/mx-player-no-audio/ there's also an xda link to the codec file, the mx_tegra3.zip should be the one for the shield I'd imagine.
I installed codecpack and got the whole "restart to install" process, i get sound but a black image and triggers HDR10
box4m

Post by box4m »

Does anyone know for sure what architecture the 2019 shield is? x86,x86_64,tegra2,tegra3,neon,neon64/ARMv8 ?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

box4m wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:28 am
Does anyone know for sure what architecture the 2019 shield is? x86,x86_64,tegra2,tegra3,neon,neon64/ARMv8 ?
it says right on the site I linked:
To know which platform codecs your device will support, open the MX Player Settings and navigate to the option Decoder. Here, navigate to the bottom of the page and you will find an option that says Custom Codec. You can find the type of codec you must download and use here. If you don’t want to go through all this trouble, there’s an all-in-one pack as well.
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

Grencola wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:35 pm
box4m wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:28 am
it says right on the site I linked:
To know which platform codecs your device will support, open the MX Player Settings and navigate to the option Decoder. Here, navigate to the bottom of the page and you will find an option that says Custom Codec. You can find the type of codec you must download and use here. If you don’t want to go through all this trouble, there’s an all-in-one pack as well.
Earlier you said that playing a single layer dolby vision mp4 with atmos using yuseoplayer seems to be stuck on 60FPS, but it seems if I run the same file with mx player and the codecs yuseo provided it runs at 24fps on my shield. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

technoobmaster wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Earlier you said that playing a single layer dolby vision mp4 with atmos using yuseoplayer seems to be stuck on 60FPS, but it seems if I run the same file with mx player and the codecs yuseo provided it runs at 24fps on my shield. Is this correct or am I missing something?
whoa really? that's cool. I don't have a new shield to test it, but mx player on the fire tv stick 4k didn't do frame switching. I doubt the codec makes a difference but I'll try yusesopes with it and see.
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

It doesnt show atmos on my AVR but it def plays sound and atmos is the only audio track
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

technoobmaster wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:16 pm
It doesnt show atmos on my AVR but it def plays sound and atmos is the only audio track
Mmm that’s interesting, I’ve demuxed Atmos sound with FFmpeg as per the guide a few pages back, I’ve always thought something isn’t right as Mediainfo can’t correctly identify the stream as TrueHD/Atmos, just MBLA.
Subsequently when muxed back in with MP4box the stream is still not identified as THD.