Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yusesope

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:58 pm
DL MP4 vs SL BL+EL+RPU Sony x700:

https://slow.pics/c/HDpNH5cC
They are identical :D

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:06 pm
ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:01 pm
I also own the firestick 4k. How can I make this kind of file (BL + RPU)?
Any help from somebody?
Right click on the "start_bl_el_rpu_builder.bat" file.
Left click on the "Edit" item.
In the newly opened text file there is this string:

Code: Select all

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py
Modify it as follows

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py -mode 2
Save your changes and try again by double clicking on the "start_bl_el_rpu_builder.bat" file.

The file that will be created will always have the name "BL_EL_RPU.hevc" but in reality it will be a single track single layer file (BL + RPU)
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Just tested with the full black panther movie as well and both DV and Atmos looks good on plex with shield. Steps I took for reference:

1) Demux the original mpls file from decrypted uhd into 2 hevc tracks with tsmuxer version from here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 485#p85786
2) Merge both hevc tracks with latest version of yusesope's tool
3) Remux the now merged hevc file with the original mpls file again (only atmos track selected this time) in same tsmuxer version from step 1.

I know it's not a big deal or priority at this point, but just to wanted to double check that subtitles and chapters currently aren't working, right? I selected all the PGS tracks when remuxing the final TS file, but if I select any of them on playback in plex, the video refuses to play.

Thanks for the all hard work everyone!
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:39 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:58 pm
DL MP4 vs SL BL+EL+RPU Sony x700:

https://slow.pics/c/HDpNH5cC
They are identical :D

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:06 pm
ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:01 pm
I also own the firestick 4k. How can I make this kind of file (BL + RPU)?
Any help from somebody?
Right click on the "start_bl_el_rpu_builder.bat" file.
Left click on the "Edit" item.
In the newly opened text file there is this string:

Modify it as follows

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py -mode 2
Save your changes and try again by double clicking on the "start_bl_el_rpu_builder.bat" file.

The file that will be created will always have the name "BL_EL_RPU.hevc" but in reality it will be a single track single layer file (BL + RPU)
Thank you master
Last edited by ragico on Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

Whenever I add the second HEVC file and hit enter the tool just closes instantly. I have tried multiple computers, all with the same result. Anyone know a fix? I'm on Windows 10
PapitaHD

Post by PapitaHD »

I tried yusesope's tool (v 0.02) with "The Meg" but for some reason it didn't work. Process finished and asked me to exit with "EL analysis" being at 99% and the resulting hevc file has the exact same size as the base layer. I can play the file but it's just HDR10.
Ehat could be the problem?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:47 pm
Just tested with the full black panther movie as well and both DV and Atmos looks good on plex with shield. Steps I took for reference:

1) Demux the original mpls file from decrypted uhd into 2 hevc tracks with tsmuxer version from here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 485#p85786
2) Merge both hevc tracks with latest version of yusesope's tool
3) Remux the now merged hevc file with the original mpls file again (only atmos track selected this time) in same tsmuxer version from step 1.

I know it's not a big deal or priority at this point, but just to wanted to double check that subtitles and chapters currently aren't working, right? I selected all the PGS tracks when remuxing the final TS file, but if I select any of them on playback in plex, the video refuses to play.

Thanks for the all hard work everyone!
Use external srt with Plex, I know it’s an extra step but well worth it, chapters cant be added to a TS file, Plex should automatically download chapters for titles from its database but it’s extremely hot and miss on the new player, they are aware.
JonathanX64

Post by JonathanX64 »

At this point, what is the best way to prepare DV movie for LG B8?

What I currently try to do:
  • Rip 4K Blu-ray Disc as a file folder
  • Open biggest .m2ts file from STREAM folder with usual latest tsMuxer, extract two .hevc files from it — one at ~60 gig, other is at ~6 gig
  • Use Dolby's mp4muxer to create profile 7 .mp4 file
And the resulting file just doesn't play, Plex just freezes and doesn't launch the playback. What am I doing wrong? Should I use try to use modified txMuxer that appeared earlier on this thread, or switch to ffmpeg tool? Should I try new --profile 7.06? Or it's not the right profile for Plex on LG webOS?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Arbigator wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 am
Whenever I add the second HEVC file and hit enter the tool just closes instantly. I have tried multiple computers, all with the same result. Anyone know a fix? I'm on Windows 10
To understand what the problem is, you should run the program from the command line and post the error returned here.

Simply, when you are inside the folder of my program:
  • open a Command Prompt window by typing "cmd" in the address bar of File Explorer (help yourself with the image at the bottom)
  • In the new window, paste the string

and hit enter.
  • Follow the instructions on the screen and if the program gives an error, post here the message that is returned to you.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Could someone pls summarize what has just been discussed in the last couple of pages? Is there a new method of muxing dolby vision? What are the advantages over the original method in the 1st page? Thanks.
mrhollywood

Post by mrhollywood »

JonathanX64 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 am

• Open biggest .m2ts file from STREAM folder with usual latest tsMuxer, extract two .hevc files from it — one at ~60 gig, other is at ~6 gig
And the resulting file just doesn't play, Plex just freezes and doesn't launch the playback. What am I doing wrong? Should I use try to use modified txMuxer that appeared earlier on this thread, or switch to ffmpeg tool? Should I try new --profile 7.06? Or it's not the right profile for Plex on LG webOS?

What are you using for an audio track? profile 7 works just fine for me on the C9
JonathanX64

Post by JonathanX64 »

mrhollywood wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:47 pm
JonathanX64 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 am

What are you using for an audio track? profile 7 works just fine for me on the C9
Audio is .ac3, as I'm limited to ARC connection anyway.

I noticed that profile 7 usually works for everyone; can't figure out what exactly am I doing wrong :(

Going to try same process from scratch with ffmpeg and yusesope's tool to create an .mp4 file, maybe it will work better.
mattmarsden

Post by mattmarsden »

I've just test Power Rangers single layer on my Shield versus the DL player on my LG C9 and you can see that the Dolby vision data is being ignored when looking at the end credits. On the DL version they are bright white but on the single layer they are grey just like the standard HDR version unfortunately.
ATD555

Post by ATD555 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:25 am
Could someone pls summarize what has just been discussed in the last couple of pages? Is there a new method of muxing dolby vision? What are the advantages over the original method in the 1st page? Thanks.
I will try my best.

The method at the beginning of this thread was either using DVDFab or two HEVCs from the video and remuxing it into an MP4 container using Dolby's remuxer. Users reported that DVDFab coloring was incorrect but there was really no choice if they wanted to play Dolby Vision (Single Layer) on devices other than Oppo 203 or Oppo 205 or some LG OLED TVs. It was then discovered that if you remuxed the .m2ts files from the UHD Disc Rips to .ts you can play this file (Dual Layer Dolby Vision) on the Sony x700 UBP Blu-ray Player with all audio profiles present on the disc. The user 'yusesope' then created a tool to create a proper single layer HEVC file from the two HEVCs in the original video file that retains all of the proper colors etc. into a single layer Dolby Vision. You can now use his tool + TSMuxer to make a .ts file that will play on other Dolby Vision capable devices as well as retaining all of the audio profiles from the original video file.

Hopefully this is a decent breakdown of what happened.

Edit: It will also save you money since you no longer need to use DVDFab which is a fairly expensive program.
box4m

Post by box4m »

box4m wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:12 pm
When trying the bl_el_rpu_builder from yusesope (big thanks, awesome job), i get an outputfile that doesnt appear to be dual layer, its the same size as only the BL and when dropping it into txmuxer for example, its just 1 stream.
Do all counters reach 100%?
What movie are you trying to mux?
Try also with the new version of my tool.

Im trying with Atomic Blonde and im getting:

Exception in thread Thread-1:LYSIS: 91.1%     BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 89.9%
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\threading.py", line 926, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 188, in run
    self.read()
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 174, in read
    self.get_nal_info(mm,length,global_offset)
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 149, in get_nal_info
    nal_type = self.get_nal_type(mmap_obj[(nal_offset + 3):(nal_offset + 5)])
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 139, in get_nal_type
    nuh_layer_id = b_stream.read('uint:6')
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\site-packages\bitstring.py", line 3902, in read
    value, self._pos = self._readtoken(name, self._pos, length)
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\site-packages\bitstring.py", line 2016, in _readtoken
    "Tried to read {0} bits when only {1} available.".format(int(length), self.length - pos))
bitstring.ReadError: Reading off the end of the data. Tried to read 6 bits when only 1 available.
BL ANALYSIS: 89.7%     EL ANALYSIS: 91.1%     BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 89.9%
Exception in thread Thread-2:LYSIS: 91.3%     BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 90.1%
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\threading.py", line 926, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 188, in run
    self.read()
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 174, in read
    self.get_nal_info(mm,length,global_offset)
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 149, in get_nal_info
    nal_type = self.get_nal_type(mmap_obj[(nal_offset + 3):(nal_offset + 5)])
  File "src\bl_el_rpu_builder.py", line 139, in get_nal_type
    nuh_layer_id = b_stream.read('uint:6')
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\site-packages\bitstring.py", line 3902, in read
    value, self._pos = self._readtoken(name, self._pos, length)
  File "D:\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.2\python-3.7.6.amd64\lib\site-packages\bitstring.py", line 2016, in _readtoken
    "Tried to read {0} bits when only {1} available.".format(int(length), self.length - pos))
bitstring.ReadError: Reading off the end of the data. Tried to read 6 bits when only 1 available.
BL ANALYSIS: 89.8%     EL ANALYSIS: 91.3%     BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 90.1%
BL ANALYSIS: 100.0%    EL ANALYSIS: 100.0%    BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 100.0%

ELAPSED TIME: 341.4 seconds
Press a button to exit
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

@yusesope

Thanks for guiding me. I did that and it's returning the following message "OSError: [WinError 123] The filename, directory name or syntax is incorrect"

It's putting 2 slashes in the directory where there should only be one.
eg. "c:\\path\\to\\the\\hevc\\files.hevc"

Seems like a strange problem, any idea how to fix that? Sorry, but I know nothing about this stuff otherwise I would try.
bl_el_rpu builder error.jpg
bl_el_rpu builder error.jpg (154.47 KiB) Viewed 19190 times