Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
PapitaHD

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by PapitaHD »

Creed II worked like a charm, even after converting it to .TS, it triggers DolbyVision on my LG C8.

Unfortunately The Meg doesn't work: yusesope's tool creates the BL+EL+RPU.hevc file successfully (all counters are 100%) but neither Dolby's mp4muxer nor TSmuxer can mux it for some reason. mp4muxer creates a 0.0 byte file after a few seconds, and Tsmuxer gets stuck at 95% with an error.

I used eac3to for demuxing hevc and audio streams and I used yusesope's latest test/temp build of his tool which he posted yesterday.
siriusbox

Post by siriusbox »

After make some test I've found two things:

1º It only works with the untouched but decrypted UHD disc, I've several backups in different formats, one of them is a reconstructed custom UHD, only with the essential for the movie, and also some MKVs that I made where I kept the dolby vision track hoping someday I could use it somehove. Only the first case works, so something must be lost in the way.
2º There is something wrong with the color, after test with Doctor Sleep is clear that the image prone to red in some details, it's easy to see in the cheeks of the girl on the first scene. That doesn't happens with just the normal HDR neither with CloneDB mp4 approach.

I'm talking about a .TS backup of course, I didn't follow the entire thread but I heard something about 10 vs 12bit on the Dolby EL, and maybe the problem with colors is all about it. In another hand, and again I didn't follow the full story, I've no idea how yusesope code works, what are he doing exactly with both tracks, anyway it's a huge progress on the matter.

Looking forward to any further improvement.

Regards.
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:34 pm
My tool is addressed to owners of the new Shield 2019 (BL + EL + RPU) or Fire Stick TV 4K (BL + RPU).
I use yusesope tool (latest version including the revised file versions) to create (BL + RPU) files for my Fire Stick TV 4K for several movies (john wick parabellum, Mary Queen of Scots , Rocketman and others). None of them plays video in the firestick tv 4k trough Plex app (beta) or Emby app. I get only audio and black screen on all of them. I also tried the (BL + EL+ RPU) conversion at no avail. Strangerly the files Joker_BL_EL_RPU.mkv and Joker_BL_RPU.mkv posted by @Mike admin and converted to .ts, trigger Dolby Vision.
Some of single layer DV created by Dvdfab (Aquaman, Creed 2, Justice League, Ready Player One, 2001 A Space Odissey) also plays correctly and trigger Dolby Vision.
I tried also the .mp4 files (using dolby official tool) created using the files made by yusesope tool, and get same no go results.
Someone else who owns the firestick tv 4K got the same problems?
Or I need a Shiekd Pro 2019?
flashback8

Post by flashback8 »

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everybody for their hard work. I'm super excited about the prospect of getting DV in an MKV container! :) Keep it up, everyone. This is awesome.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Arbigator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 pm
I'm still getting this with all the Bond movies I've tried, EL analysis shoots up to 100% right away, and BL stays at 0. Any idea what's going on here?
The EL layer is empty. There are two possibilities: the original file is corrupt or you are wrong to demux the original file.

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:22 pm
Arbigator wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:21 pm
That was Skyfall, happened on Spectre as well. Can you tell me the command you use to extract the video streams with eac3to?
Skyfall worked just fine.
shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am
Just tried Godzilla with the temp version of the tool and result looks good, DV and HDR10+ both there according to mediainfo
Thanks for the feedback

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:27 am
is it possible to get a step by step guide? for the people that don't know yet what to do?
  • Download ffmpeg (HERE, blue button) and unzip the archive.
  • Enter inside the newly unpacked folder and then inside the "bin" folder.
  • Open a command prompt window in the "bin" folder (HOW_TO_OPEN_A_COMMAND_PROMPT_IN_A_FOLDER) and type the following command (change the parts in red)
    ffmpeg -i bluray:\path\to\bluray_disc -map 0:0 -c copy \path\to\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy \path\to\EL.hevc
  • Use my tool, following the instructions in THIS post, to process the two files just obtained
  • Use tsMuxeR to mux the file obtained through my tool and the audio track (present in the original file).
    The tsMuxeR version you need can be found in THIS post.

nasuel wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:06 am
is there any way to encode the BL File that this file is smaller and then create an single DV file with the tool of yusesope?
At the moment it is impossible

PapitaHD wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:08 am
Unfortunately The Meg doesn't work: yusesope's tool creates the BL+EL+RPU.hevc file successfully (all counters are 100%) but neither Dolby's mp4muxer nor TSmuxer can mux it for some reason. mp4muxer creates a 0.0 byte file after a few seconds, and Tsmuxer gets stuck at 95% with an error
Strange. When I retrieve the film in question, I'll take a look at it.

EDIT:
The user shawnc22 (whom I thank) did not find your same problem (read the next post). Apparently your original file is corrupt.

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:43 pm
I use yusesope tool (latest version including the revised file versions) to create (BL + RPU)...
Did you set the "-mode" switch to the value 2? Isn't it?
Grencola used MX Player.
Grencola wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:05 am
yusesope wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:47 pm
I can confirm that this mp4 plays properly on the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k and looks great (to my eyes) with no color issues. MX Player was the only app that worked. This is actually the first file that has ever worked, other than Dolby's test samples. Usually just a DV flag with a black screen.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:42 pm
SL BL+EL+RPU atmos sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n95g_b ... sp=sharing ----->atmos + DV works on shield/plex
No dice on the fire stick, just a green screen with the dv flag active. then flickers and reverts back to hdr10 which looks ok.
Last edited by yusesope on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

PapitaHD wrote:
Creed II worked like a charm, even after converting it to .TS, it triggers DolbyVision on my LG C8.

Unfortunately The Meg doesn't work: yusesope's tool creates the BL+EL+RPU.hevc file successfully (all counters are 100%) but neither Dolby's mp4muxer nor TSmuxer can mux it for some reason. mp4muxer creates a 0.0 byte file after a few seconds, and Tsmuxer gets stuck at 95% with an error.

I used eac3to for demuxing hevc and audio streams and I used yusesope's latest test/temp build of his tool which he posted yesterday.
Just tried the Meg and mine processed just fine at the end with TSMuxer. I do all my initial demuxing with the same version of TSMuxer that's used for remuxing.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

I released version 0.0.3 (read the CHANGELOG for more information).
You can find it HERE in the original post.
ragico

Post by ragico »

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:43 pm
I use yusesope tool (latest version including the revised file versions) to create (BL + RPU)...
Did you set the "-mode" switch to the value 2? Isn't it?
[/quote]

Yes I did.
I also try MXplayer but no go.

Testing now yr latest build .003 with - mode 2
Movie is Mary Queen of Scots
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

siriusbox wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:55 pm
There is something wrong with the color...
Thanks for the feedback.
Playback device?
BL + EL + RPU or BL + RPU?
.ts or .mp4?

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:23 pm
Make sure you are using the original bluray disc and not some files that have been remuxed in the past
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

PapitaHD wrote:

MEG worked just fine, I just tested it.
Zero issues
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:51 pm
siriusbox wrote:
There is something wrong with the color...
Thanks for the feedback.
Playback device?
BL + EL + RPU or BL + RPU?
.ts or .mp4?

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:23 pm
Make sure you are using the original bluray disc and not some files that have been remuxed in the past
So I did from the original UHD disc. Plex triggers dolby vision but the tv screen is black. Audio is ok.
MXplayer triggers Hdr.
TS Mediainfo: HDR format Dolby Vision Version 1.0, dvhe 08.06 BL+EL /SMPTE ST 2086 HDR10 compatible
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

siriusbox wrote:

1º It only works with the untouched but decrypted UHD disc, I've several backups in different formats, one of them is a reconstructed custom UHD, only with the essential for the movie, and also some MKVs that I made where I kept the dolby vision track hoping someday I could use it somehove. Only the first case works, so something must be lost in the way.
2º There is something wrong with the color, after test with Doctor Sleep is clear that the image prone to red in some details, it's easy to see in the cheeks of the girl on the first scene. That doesn't happens with just the normal HDR neither with CloneDB mp4 approach.

I'm talking about a .TS backup of course, I didn't follow the entire thread but I heard something about 10 vs 12bit on the Dolby EL, and maybe the problem with colors is all about it. In another hand, and again I didn't follow the full story, I've no idea how yusesope code works, what are he doing exactly with both tracks, anyway it's a huge progress on the matter.

Regards.
Verified the red splotches on the little girls face at 2:35 in Doctor Sleep as well that doesn't appear in the regular HDR version

Definitely some color issues going on.

Not sure if it's the files or the shield or a combination of both.

BL + EL + RPU in a .ts file.
2019 shield.
Regular Plex App
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:14 pm
siriusbox wrote:

Regards.
Verified the red splotches on the little girls face at 2:35 in Doctor Sleep as well that doesn't appear in the regular HDR version

2019 shield.
Regular Plex App
The red does seem a bit noticeable in that scene, but I wonder if it might just be the different dolby vision settings that're activated when the TV is in that mode? It'd be nice if someone can test the actual disk in a UHD player with DV to see what the gold standard should be.

Another issue I might've just encountered is with a Quiet Place. I'm not sure if it's just my remuxed version, but at around the 1hr13min mark(could've happened earlier but most noticeable there with all the action), my sound became desynced. My normal HDR mkv doesn't have this issue and restarting the movie at that point doesn't fix it either. Probably a tsmuxer issue though, but just wondering if anyone else might have the same issue with their dv/atmos ts remux.

edit: Odd thing just happened while I was trying to redo the Quiet Place TS with v0.0.3 of yusesope's tool. When all the counters reached 100%, the tool just seem to be hanging without showing the press button to exit message. It's been like this for almost 30 minutes now with no change. I do remember vaguely this happening with the temp version of the tool and the same title, but that lasted maybe no longer than 5 minutes before the message showed up to exit; never this long.
PapitaHD

Post by PapitaHD »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:04 pm
PapitaHD wrote:

MEG worked just fine, I just tested it.
Zero issues
I redownloaded the UHD folder and this time it worked so it seems that it really was just a file corruption issue. Strange beacause I used DVDFab and/or CloneBD for all my BD-iso remuxes. What is a good way to check if the remuxed BD is all right? Is scanning with DVDFab's BDinfo good enough?
baker99

Post by baker99 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:53 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:14 pm
siriusbox wrote:

Regards.

2019 shield.
Regular Plex App
The red does seem a bit noticeable in that scene, but I wonder if it might just be the different dolby vision settings that're activated when the TV is in that mode? It'd be nice if someone can test the actual disk in a UHD player with DV to see what the gold standard should be.

Another issue I might've just encountered is with a Quiet Place. I'm not sure if it's just my remuxed version, but at around the 1hr13min mark(could've happened earlier but most noticeable there with all the action), my sound became desynced. My normal HDR mkv doesn't have this issue and restarting the movie at that point doesn't fix it either. Probably a tsmuxer issue though, but just wondering if anyone else might have the same issue with their dv/atmos ts remux.

edit: Odd thing just happened while I was trying to redo the Quiet Place TS with v0.0.3 of yusesope's tool. When all the counters reached 100%, the tool just seem to be hanging without showing the press button to exit message. It's been like this for almost 30 minutes now with no change. I do remember vaguely this happening with the temp version of the tool and the same title, but that lasted maybe no longer than 5 minutes before the message showed up to exit; never this long.
There was a comparison of Stranger things DV on Netflix Shield vs from a different device and that had colour issues, so I suspect it's the Shield's processing rater than the tool causing the red