Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
deadchip12

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:34 pm

You need
Eac3to 3.34
Tsmuxer
Yusesope tool v.0.0.3

First you have to make bl.hevc and el.hevc

Eac3to path to folder with DV movie 2:bl.hevc 3:el.hevc

Know you have made 2 files bl.hevc and el.hevc

Start yusesope tool and drop first bl.hevc and then el.hevc
This will make a new hevc fIle

Start tsmuxerGui
Add the file you made With yusesope tool
Add Blu-ray movie and just select the soundtrack
Mux the files together in Ts.

You will know have a movie that is DV with Atmos that will play on shield 2019
I followed the exact same steps but the final file only has 1 video stream (hdr10).
Last edited by deadchip12 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alldu

Post by Alldu »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 pm
Alldu wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Hy guys, anybody know what's the best way to embed sub/idx or ass subtitles into the DV mp4? I play my DV files via X700 and for some reason it can't read ass subs properly and sub/idx at all, if I put them in the same folder as DV mp4. Thanks!
You don't have to use the MP4 container anymore with the x700. You can remux your UHD bluray disc directly to .TS or .M2TS using this tsMuxer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IWYPO4 ... sp=sharing

DV, Atmos and subs will work.
Wow, thanks so much! Everything seems to be working like a charm - and so much easier than everything else! God bless ya, laddy :D
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

Alldu wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:42 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Alldu wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Hy guys, anybody know what's the best way to embed sub/idx or ass subtitles into the DV mp4? I play my DV files via X700 and for some reason it can't read ass subs properly and sub/idx at all, if I put them in the same folder as DV mp4. Thanks!
You don't have to use the MP4 container anymore with the x700. You can remux your UHD bluray disc directly to .TS or .M2TS using this tsMuxer:

Wow, thanks so much! Everything seems to be working like a charm - and so much easier than everything else! God bless ya, laddy :D
how is this process going? what are the steps? i've downloaded the edited tsmuxer in the link. i have a DV m2ts file of matrix.
Alldu

Post by Alldu »

kazuma wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:06 pm
Alldu wrote:
RESET_9999 wrote:

how is this process going? what are the steps? i've downloaded the edited tsmuxer in the link. i have a DV m2ts file of matrix.
Well, it's pretty simple. You just add your m2ts file into the tsMuxer, choose the BL and EL and the audio of your choosing. If you have sup subtitles - throw it in as well. Or if you have an alternate audio track, not found on the disc - you can add that too. Then just mux it into m2ts. That's it. Play it via Sony x700 and enjoy.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

Alldu wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:41 pm
kazuma wrote:
Alldu wrote:

Well, it's pretty simple. You just add your m2ts file into the tsMuxer, choose the BL and EL and the audio of your choosing. If you have sup subtitles - throw it in as well. Or if you have an alternate audio track, not found on the disc - you can add that too. Then just mux it into m2ts. That's it. Play it via Sony x700 and enjoy.
sorry, what is BL and EL?
Alldu

Post by Alldu »

kazuma wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Alldu wrote:
kazuma wrote:

sorry, what is BL and EL?
These are two video streams - Basic Layer and Enhanced Layer (or DV layer) - two video streams that give you DV, when combined.
box4m

Post by box4m »

Alldu wrote:
kazuma wrote:
Alldu wrote:

is it possible to play m2ts, mkv, ts etc through network share on x700?
Alldu

Post by Alldu »

box4m wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm
Alldu wrote:
kazuma wrote:

Not sure about the network, I connect my X700 straight to the TV. Also, mkv does not support DV, only HDR.
box4m

Post by box4m »

Alldu wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:14 pm
box4m wrote:
Alldu wrote:

Not sure about the network, I connect my X700 straight to the TV. Also, mkv does not support DV, only HDR.
Yes i will connect it to tv aswell, but from where do u play the files? usb harddrive?

Post by 1000010 »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm
If it can help you (when you check the client logs), the Shield's hardware decoder is

Code: Select all

OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode
I took The Fog for my test case, because it has a pretty significant FEL (11 Mb/s). A short 50s clip made with mp4muxer worked without problems and triggered DV. Full movie muxed with tsMuxer with added Atmos track did not work, since the exoplayer reported it cannot play it and reverted to transcoding. This is not great, will try again by muxing only the video tracks with mp4muxer.

I have attached the log files. I can attach the working server log file if you're interested in it as well, but I guess it doesn't matter.
Attachments
client_working_clip.txt
(32.64 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
server_broken_movie.txt
(87.88 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
client_broken_movie.txt
(56.54 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Alldu

Post by Alldu »

box4m wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 pm
Alldu wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:14 pm
box4m wrote:

Yes i will connect it to tv aswell, but from where do u play the files? usb harddrive?
Yup, external hard drive via USB port.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

1000010 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm
yusesope wrote:
If it can help you (when you check the client logs), the Shield's hardware decoder is

OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode
I took The Fog for my test case, because it has a pretty significant FEL (11 Mb/s). A short 50s clip made with mp4muxer worked without problems and triggered DV. Full movie muxed with tsMuxer with added Atmos track did not work, since the exoplayer reported it cannot play it and reverted to transcoding. This is not great, will try again by muxing only the video tracks with mp4muxer.

I have attached the log files. I can attach the working server log file if you're interested in it as well, but I guess it doesn't matter.
I don't have the Fog personally, but I have tried a couple FEL movies, Black Panther(~3MB/s) and First Man(~6MB/s), and they both triggered DV/Atmos on the Shield with yusecope's v3 tool and tsmuxer. Whether or not the video data in the FEL is being fully utilized I guess is another question. Your videos reverting to transcoding, I suspect, may be a separate issue, unless the size of the FEL in the Fog is really the problematic source here.

Post by 1000010 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 pm
1000010 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm
yusesope wrote:

OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode

I don't have the Fog personally, but I have tried a couple FEL movies, Black Panther(~3MB/s) and First Man(~6MB/s), and they both triggered DV/Atmos on the Shield with yusecope's v3 tool and tsmuxer. Whether or not the video data in the FEL is being fully utilized I guess is another question. Your videos reverting to transcoding, I suspect, may be a separate issue, unless the size of the FEL in the Fog is really the problematic source here.
As I said, a short clip of the same movie worked. So either the tsmuxer is doing it wrong or exoplayer has a bug I suppose, since I have no idea why a clip of the whole movie would work. This is what I am trying to establish now.

edit: forgot to mention but yusesope's tool did not return any errors
box4m

Post by box4m »

Using MXPlayer on the shield i havent got any method to work, ive tried several in this thread (all using yusesope tool), is it supposed to work? If so please teach me, i feel like theres 10 different TSMuxer mentioned and some mentioning mp4muxer instead (which is the correct version btw? i believe there are several different programs when u google mp4muxer)
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

1000010 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 pm
As I said, a short clip of the same movie worked. So either the tsmuxer is doing it wrong or exoplayer has a bug I suppose, since I have no idea why a clip of the whole movie would work. This is what I am trying to establish now.

edit: forgot to mention but yusesope's tool did not return any errors
Well with your short clip, you're not mixing in any atmos audio since you're using mp4muxer. When a video reverts to transcode on plex, it either can't handle the video or audio track. Since you've already established that a file without atmos works, then it's probably the atmos track that's causing the issue. How're you mixing in the atmos track with tsmuxer, and what does the resulting mediainfo look like?