Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
darrrkmanxxx

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Grencola wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:17 pm
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:32 am
The 1.21.2 beta was the suggested version from the provided link with SMB in the changelog!
However, I tried 2.8.0 directly from Playstore and there's also no such thing as 'Local Network', there's only a bunch of useless added crap :)
See for yourself:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hePke ... sp=sharing

I've also tried on different devices...
watch this magic happen when I try the apk on my phone: https://youtu.be/3qIHyLHtcEU
just gotta wait til the tablet/tv version gets updated.
haha, thanks for showing me. You know what sucks, this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KyMUYa ... sp=sharing
just look at this sh**. On my pc it say, that it isn't compatible, even with my OP6T!
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:15 am
Disney+ is not available in my country so I download this remux to watch The Mandalorian: . This looks like dolby vision single layer mp4? I have had hard time trying to get this to play on my oled c9. I put the film files in an external hdd and connected it to the c9 via usb. At first, the files seemed to play ok, but once I skipped to another point in the film it refused to play and showed message: "the file can't be recognized". Now that message is shown everytime I try to open the files so I can't even play the film anymore. Any idea? The TV did recognize the files at first so it's really weird that it does not recognize the files now anymore. The files are not corrupted btw, I tested them on my computer and they play fine, only without dolby vision.
Not sure if it's allowed to post pirated content links here but i did a TS remux with subtitles from that release and it plays great on my x700. I also tested playback on the Shield and the C8. no issue at all.

I also muxed the Star Wars New Hope profile 05.06 DV web-dl with TrueHD Atmos. Works perfectly everywhere I tested playback.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:18 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:15 am
Disney+ is not available in my country so I download this remux to watch The Mandalorian: . This looks like dolby vision single layer mp4? I have had hard time trying to get this to play on my oled c9. I put the film files in an external hdd and connected it to the c9 via usb. At first, the files seemed to play ok, but once I skipped to another point in the film it refused to play and showed message: "the file can't be recognized". Now that message is shown everytime I try to open the files so I can't even play the film anymore. Any idea? The TV did recognize the files at first so it's really weird that it does not recognize the files now anymore. The files are not corrupted btw, I tested them on my computer and they play fine, only without dolby vision.
Not sure if it's allowed to post pirated content links here but i did a TS remux with subtitles from that release and it plays great on my x700. I also tested playback on the Shield and the C8. no issue at all.

I also muxed the Star Wars New Hope profile 05.06 DV web-dl with TrueHD Atmos. Works perfectly everywhere I tested playback.
Ah ok so we need to make a ts remux out of this to be able to play on the oled internal player? Because currently the original files are .mp4

Edit: i tried ts remuxing it but same thing. The file refuses to play. Could you show me the steps how you do it?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 pm
Could you show me the steps how you do it?
Nothing special, I just added the mp4 and subtitles into tsmuxer.
But i read on the doom9 forum that someone else with a C9 struggle playing the TS sample file from the mandalorian. Another user with a C6 said there was no issue playing it.
So since my c8 also work, it sounds like something is different on the C9 internal player

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php? ... ost1906702
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

deadchip12 wrote:
I tried ts remuxing it but same thing. The file refuses to play. Could you show me the steps how you do it?
I think it's your tv, bud. I 'tested' it (I have Disney+) on the firestick 4k and it plays in mx player and it looks great, but stutters due to mx player's lack of frame rate switching :?
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:10 am
deadchip12 wrote:
I tried ts remuxing it but same thing. The file refuses to play. Could you show me the steps how you do it?
I think it's your tv, bud. I 'tested' it (I have Disney+) on the firestick 4k and it plays in mx player and it looks great, but stutters due to mx player's lack of frame rate switching :?
What tv do you have?
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:03 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
But i read on the doom9 forum that someone else with a C9 struggle playing the TS sample file from the mandalorian. Another user with a C6 said there was no issue playing it.
So since my c8 also work, it sounds like something is different on the C9 internal player

yeah I downloaded that TS sample file and it refused to play on my C9. On your C8 it plays fine? Are you able to skip to other points in the film?
daddy

Post by daddy »

deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:15 am
RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:03 pm
deadchip12 wrote:

yeah I downloaded that TS sample file and it refused to play on my C9. On your C8 it plays fine? Are you able to skip to other points in the film?
I tryed the Mandolorian 05.06 BL+RPU sample on C7, it plays fine and i m able to skip to other points in the sample.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
On your C8 it plays fine? Are you able to skip to other points in the film?
yep
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:09 am
deadchip12 wrote:
On your C8 it plays fine? Are you able to skip to other points in the film?
yep
Sigh...lg what did you do
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 am
Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:10 am
deadchip12 wrote:
What tv do you have?
The Firestick 4k is an external device so my TV doesn't matter, but fwiw it's a Vizio PX75-G1.
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

So if I understand correctly profile 05 is like BL + RPU (only metadata) which is expected due to bandwidth constraints.

So is that the same as a Blu-Ray MEL release where the enhanced layer only contains metadata?

If yes then wouldn't it be better to just convert all the MEL Blu-ray movies with yusesope's tool in mode 2 (BL+RPU).

Then BL+EL+RPU (mode 1) is only required for remuxing DV enabled Blu-ray movies with a full enhancement layer.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

MastaG wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:40 pm
So if I understand correctly profile 05 is like BL + RPU (only metadata) which is expected due to bandwidth constraints.

So is that the same as a Blu-Ray MEL release where the enhanced layer only contains metadata?

If yes then wouldn't it be better to just convert all the MEL Blu-ray movies with yusesope's tool in mode 2 (BL+RPU).

Then BL+EL+RPU (mode 1) is only required for remuxing DV enabled Blu-ray movies with a full enhancement layer.
It makes sense what you are saying. Profile 5 is the best solution for disks with MEL only. The only slight issue with Profile 5 is the unspecified color space, which is not specified by the Dolby Vision Labs. In other words, the colors may appear a little different. But I don't care since Profile 5 created with DVDFab and yusescope's tool are way better, and archive better contrast than regular HDR10, it's like HDR10+.

I don't believe FEL delivers better visual results with its 12-bit properties ( IMO ); all consumer displays struggle to handle the 10-bit color anyway.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

Grencola wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:30 am
kazuma wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:30 pm
a noob question:

what is the fastest/easiest way to convert a dts-hd sound file to ac3? which program needed?
download eac3to: https://www.videohelp.com/download/eac3to334.zip

extract it to your dts folder

run a cmd prompt from there

type:

Code: Select all

eac3to.exe input.dts output.ac3 -libav
thnx, can we do the samething with atmos audio to ac3 with this program?
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

guys, sorry for the question, but where can I download the Yusesope tool? I searched no for an hour and didn't find a link