Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ATD555

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ATD555 »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 pm
guys, sorry for the question, but where can I download the Yusesope tool? I searched no for an hour and didn't find a link
HERE you go
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

kazuma wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:50 pm
thnx, can we do the samething with atmos audio to ac3 with this program?
yep. for atmos with ac3 (raw bluray):

Code: Select all

eac3to input.thd+ac3 output.ac3 -core
for atmos with no ac3 (mkv rip etc):

Code: Select all

eac3to input.thd output.ac3 -core
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

mulucy wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:35 pm
MastaG wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:40 pm
So if I understand correctly profile 05 is like BL + RPU (only metadata) which is expected due to bandwidth constraints.

So is that the same as a Blu-Ray MEL release where the enhanced layer only contains metadata?

If yes then wouldn't it be better to just convert all the MEL Blu-ray movies with yusesope's tool in mode 2 (BL+RPU).

Then BL+EL+RPU (mode 1) is only required for remuxing DV enabled Blu-ray movies with a full enhancement layer.
It makes sense what you are saying. Profile 5 is the best solution for disks with MEL only. The only slight issue with Profile 5 is the unspecified color space, which is not specified by the Dolby Vision Labs. In other words, the colors may appear a little different. But I don't care since Profile 5 created with DVDFab and yusescope's tool are way better, and archive better contrast than regular HDR10, it's like HDR10+.

I don't believe FEL delivers better visual results with its 12-bit properties ( IMO ); all consumer displays struggle to handle the 10-bit color anyway.
Yeah that's what I'm wondering about too.
I can see a big difference between HDR10 and DV with metadata only.

However I've been standing really close to my TV to see if I can spot differences between metadata only and FEL.

Also what bothers me is that my C8 has trouble playing some FEL movies like Gemini Man and 1917.

So I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea to get an Nvidia Shield so I can enjoy FEL or just stick with mode 2 BL+RPU for all movies.

Can anybody comment on the video quality of the Shield vs the LG native player when it comes to DV?
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

MastaG wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm
mulucy wrote:
MastaG wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:40 pm
So if I understand correctly profile 05 is like BL + RPU (only metadata) which is expected due to bandwidth constraints.

So is that the same as a Blu-Ray MEL release where the enhanced layer only contains metadata?

If yes then wouldn't it be better to just convert all the MEL Blu-ray movies with yusesope's tool in mode 2 (BL+RPU).

Then BL+EL+RPU (mode 1) is only required for remuxing DV enabled Blu-ray movies with a full enhancement layer.
It makes sense what you are saying. Profile 5 is the best solution for disks with MEL only. The only slight issue with Profile 5 is the unspecified color space, which is not specified by the Dolby Vision Labs. In other words, the colors may appear a little different. But I don't care since Profile 5 created with DVDFab and yusescope's tool are way better, and archive better contrast than regular HDR10, it's like HDR10+.

I don't believe FEL delivers better visual results with its 12-bit properties ( IMO ); all consumer displays struggle to handle the 10-bit color anyway.

However I've been standing really close to my TV to see if I can spot differences between metadata only and FEL.

Also what bothers me is that my C8 has trouble playing some FEL movies like Gemini Man and 1917.

So I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea to get an Nvidia Shield so I can enjoy FEL or just stick with mode 2 BL+RPU for all movies.

Can anybody comment on the video quality of the Shield vs the LG native player when it comes to DV?
AFAIK, Nvidia Shield at least have two issues.
1. It does not support DV videos over 24FPS
2. It has some color issues in DV with red color.

I am sure the problems listed above can be corrected via OTA updates.

I prefer Apple TV 4K combined with Infuse Pro since I don't own a fancy speaker system with lossless audio support.
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

mulucy wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:39 pm
MastaG wrote:
mulucy wrote:

I prefer Apple TV 4K combined with Infuse Pro since I don't own a fancy speaker system with lossless audio support.
Crap so the Shield has its flaws too, I can live with the 24FPS limit since only a few movies are HFR.

The color issue I didn't know about..

Well I don't need lossless audio either.
It's only too bad I can only send up to DD+ with Atmos over regular ARC and most Blu-ray discs only offer TrueHD or DTS-HD MA with and no DD+.

While the TrueHD does have DD5.1 core.. it's not as good as DD+ which supports up to 7.1
ragico

Post by ragico »

mulucy wrote:
MastaG wrote:
mulucy wrote:

Gemini man is 60 fps and plays correctly at 60 fps on my nvidia tube shield. Films at 24 fps play at 24 fps.
I compared on several movies the nvidia against the internal player of Lg C8 and Sony x700 BD and cannot find colour issues of any kind. Be sure the shield runs the latest firmware dated 26 february
On shield I use the latest plex app v.7.31.0
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 pm
mulucy wrote:
MastaG wrote:

Gemini man is 60 fps and plays correctly at 60 fps on my nvidia tube shield. Films at 24 fps play at 24 fps.
I compared on several movies the nvidia against the internal player of Lg C8 and Sony x700 BD and cannot find colour issues of any kind. Be sure the shield runs the latest firmware dated 26 february
Do you by any chance have saving private ryan? It's the only film where I've noticed that color issues on the Shield distinctively apart from the LG internal player.
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 pm
ragico wrote:
mulucy wrote:

Do you by any chance have saving private ryan? It's the only film where I've noticed that color issues on the Shield distinctively apart from the LG internal player.
Yes, Saving private Ryan has some strange issue but I will not call it as colour issue. It is like a lamp wich brightens and darkens on some very bright scenes especially at the cemetery and on the beach. Therefore I've played the file on Lg C8 internal player and on Sony X700 and they gave the same result. So I did the mp4 with dolby original muxer and played it again. Of course the shield played it as HDR because it does not support DV double layer profile 7. But the C8 played it perfectly without that strange issue. Same with Sony X700. So my conclusion is that, for some reason, yusesope tool or the latest mkv process is responsible for the issue on this movie.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ragico wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:55 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
ragico wrote:

Yes, Saving private Ryan has some strange issue but I will not call it as colour issue. It is like a lamp wich brightens and darkens on some very bright scenes especially at the cemetery and on the beach. Therefore I've played the file on Lg C8 internal player and on Sony X700 and they gave the same result. So I did the mp4 with dolby original muxer and played it again. Of course the shield played it as HDR because it does not support DV double layer profile 7. But the C8 played it perfectly without that strange issue. Same with Sony X700. So my conclusion is that, for some reason, yusesope tool or the latest mkv process is responsible for the issue on this movie.
Ah yeah that's exactly what I've been seeing. I did the same kind of dual track prof 7 tests as well with mp4muxer and they all play without that strange effect on my B9's internal player. The only difference I encountered was I also made a video only clip of the first twenty minutes using yusecope's tool and then muxed it into a TS with the latest commit of tsmuxer. The resulting profile 6 video triggers DV, plays without issue on my B9 and doesn't have that strange effect. It looks the same as the dual track files from mp4muxer as far as my eyes are concerned. The same file then played back on the shield will have that effect, which leads me to believe that it might still be a shield issue. Or a combination of both perhaps? I also muxed that same video track from yusecope's tool into an mp4 with profile 7 and had no issues as well playing back on the B9.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:43 pm
ragico wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

Ah yeah that's exactly what I've been seeing. I did the same kind of dual track prof 7 tests as well with mp4muxer and they all play without that strange effect on my B9's internal player. The only difference I encountered was I also made a video only clip of the first twenty minutes using yusecope's tool and then muxed it into a TS with the latest commit of tsmuxer. The resulting profile 6 video triggers DV, plays without issue on my B9 and doesn't have that strange effect. It looks the same as the dual track files from mp4muxer as far as my eyes are concerned. The same file then played back on the shield will have that effect, which leads me to believe that it might still be a shield issue. Or a combination of both perhaps? I also muxed that same video track from yusecope's tool into an mp4 with profile 7 and had no issues as well playing back on the B9.
Specific timestamps please, I would like to test a profile 5 file I have to see if this is present there also.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:52 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
ragico wrote:

Specific timestamps please, I would like to test a profile 5 file I have to see if this is present there also.
Oh that's a good idea with profile 5. In regards to timestamps, you can really notice it throughout the whole first 3-4 minutes in the cemetery, just constant flickering. Maybe around the 2:30 mark when the flags are shown against the blue sky in the background is when it's most noticeable.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:09 am
Angryunibrow wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:52 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

Oh that's a good idea with profile 5. In regards to timestamps, you can really notice it throughout the whole first 3-4 minutes in the cemetery, just constant flickering. Maybe around the 2:30 mark when the flags are shown against the blue sky in the background is when it's most noticeable.
Saving Private Ryan:

Profile 5 (This one was made using DVDFab, this was before the current tools were available)
This is an .mp4 with DTS-HD MA 7.1 muxed in.
I would assume the same results using the current tools based off of the below.

2019 Shield - Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing. (old player with match frame rate on, verified using service menu on TV)
LG C8 - Native Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing.
ATV4K - Infuse App, NO flickering, plays back perfectly from what I can see. (Match content & Frame Rate on, verified using service menu on TV)

The ATV4K Profile 5 is still my go to right now, I have had zero issues with this setup so far making movies profile 5 and playing them with infuse.
Color seems accurate, match frame rate always works. My system does a good job at upmixing the Multi Channel PCM 7.1 it outputs so I get the "Atmos Effect"

If someone can convince me there is a noticeable difference playing these files with profile 5 (no EL) vs a profile 6 (with EL) I would love to see some comparisons.

Right now I'm making Profile 5 with Atmos (.ts files) and playing them with Infuse and have seen all the "issues" everyone is finding not there.
Saving Private Ryan, Doctor Sleep, Joker Ect....

Maybe someday Nvidia will get this updated and working :lol:
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:53 am
Saving Private Ryan:

Profile 5 (This one was made using DVDFab, this was before the current tools were available)
This is an .mp4 with DTS-HD MA 7.1 muxed in.
I would assume the same results using the current tools based off of the below.

2019 Shield - Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing. (old player with match frame rate on, verified using service menu on TV)
LG C8 - Native Plex App, flickering occurs like you are describing.
ATV4K - Infuse App, NO flickering, plays back perfectly from what I can see. (Match content & Frame Rate on, verified using service menu on TV)

The ATV4K Profile 5 is still my go to right now, I have had zero issues with this setup so far making movies profile 5 and playing them with infuse.
Color seems accurate, match frame rate always works. My system does a good job at upmixing the Multi Channel PCM 7.1 it outputs so I get the "Atmos Effect"

If someone can convince me there is a noticeable difference playing these files with profile 5 (no EL) vs a profile 6 (with EL) I would love to see some comparisons.

Right now I'm making Profile 5 with Atmos (.ts files) and playing them with Infuse and have seen all the "issues" everyone is finding not there.
Saving Private Ryan, Doctor Sleep, Joker Ect....

Maybe someday Nvidia will get this updated and working :lol:
Yep I just tried mp4muxer and tsmuxer with profile 5 and -mode 2 of yusecope's tool and pretty much same results. But there was one version that played in DV without issue on the shield, the streaming version off of VUDU :lol: . Honestly though, this is the only film that's had issues to this extent on the shield. I can live with the slightly saturated colors on some of the other reported movies; it's the audio that's more important to me. If the new AppleTV coming out this year comes with better lossless audio support, I'll definitely be jumping ships.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:15 am
I can live with the slightly saturated colors on some of the other reported movies
I'm waiting for shields to come back in stock to snag one, wondering if the issue is something that a custom TV preset would Band-Aid for now? maybe lower the Red, Green, and Color sliders a bit?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Grencola wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:51 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:15 am
I can live with the slightly saturated colors on some of the other reported movies
I'm waiting for shields to come back in stock to snag one, wondering if the issue is something that a custom TV preset would Band-Aid for now? maybe lower the Red, Green, and Color sliders a bit?
Sure that'd probably work, but it really hasn't bothered me that much to the point of needing to do it.