Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

jayper wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:57 pm
I've remuxed (TsMuxer 4.06 fix) MKVs created with MakeMKV 1.15.1 and I have not been able to get them to play on the Sony x700. I have tried via a USB drive, and via the DLNA player (Plex) and I have gotten a black screen in both cases. I have tried two separate Vision movies and it is the same experience both times. Anyone have luck?
on the x700, only the MEL(small layer) DV movies will work using that method.
Just remux directly your uhd-bd to dual layer TS with atmos and subtitles. No need of makemkv with the x700
ragico

Post by ragico »

Someone knows how to demux the hevc files created with yusesope tool?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

ragico wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 am
hevc is pretty well demuxed already. do you mean how to extract each individual .bmp file? you can grab some sw at gpac's github, but it would be around 1440 frames per hour @ 24p.
Hanto

Post by Hanto »

jayper wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:57 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:39 am
mulucy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 am

Just to clarify it, the steps include yusecope's tool to create a DV track, correct?
nope, the x700 is capable of playing the DV tracks as is. Just need to remux it in a ts container.
I've remuxed (TsMuxer 4.06 fix) MKVs created with MakeMKV 1.15.1 and I have not been able to get them to play on the Sony x700. I have tried via a USB drive, and via the DLNA player (Plex) and I have gotten a black screen in both cases. I have tried two separate Vision movies and it is the same experience both times. Anyone have luck?
Same problem on my Toshiba OLED TV when I use tsmuwer (no matter the version)
MP4 works fine so I think tsmuxer has a bug because even if I try just for test to remux a ts demo file that works on TV that doesn't works anymore.
box4m

Post by box4m »

probably stupid question as usual but whats the goto application to do what tsmuxer does but with .mp4 as output?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

box4m wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 pm
probably stupid question as usual but whats the goto application to do what tsmuxer does but with .mp4 as output?
literally the title of this thread and the first post :)
tr000

Post by tr000 »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:01 pm
ragico wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 am
hevc is pretty well demuxed already. do you mean how to extract each individual .bmp file? you can grab some sw at gpac's github, but it would be around 1440 frames per hour @ 24p.
I think he just wants to separate the single file into the base layer and enhancement layer .hevcs. You should be able to do this by muxing the BL_EL_EPU.hevc file with MP4Muxer then using MP4Demuxer to get the BL and EL separately.
tr000

Post by tr000 »

tr000 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 am
So after 10+ hours of agonizing labor, Jumanji did not work through any method in mkv form or m2ts form. I will begrudgingly watch it in HDR10.
The thought was in the back of my head. That damned movie. The one that I spent ten hours trying to get to work a couple weeks ago. I gave up. I gave up for good. Or so, I thought. The idea kept nagging me, an endless ringing in the dark annals of my mind. In the midst of the chaos in the world I decided to download the Blu-Ray rip of the cursed film again, and set my laptop aside for two days as it dutifully downloaded the film.

Many more hours later...and, initially, the same result. Lovecraftian forms alternating in green and blue, with the "Dolby Vision" logo mocking me as the glint of the glitched playback glistened in my eye.

Damn ye! Let the tomb strike ye dead, Dolby Vision! Haaaaaark! Hark, Triton! Hark! Bellow, bid our father the sea king! Rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this young mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs till ye turn blue and bloated with builds and brine and can scream no more. Only when he, crowned in cockle shells, with slithering tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral tonged trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest, and PLUNGES right through yer gullet! Besting ye! A bulging blacker no more, but a blasted bloody film now a nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the dread emperor himself. Forgotten to any man, to any time. Forgotten to any God or Devil, forgotten, even, to the sea. For any stuff or part of Dolby Vision, even any scantling of your 12-bit color depth is DV no more, but is now itself the sea!

An idea forms. Perhaps @yusesope's tool was the key...but in a different form. Surely it couldn't be. All files, whether taken straight from the .m2ts and muxed with MP4Muxer, or with DVDFab, or with the single hevc made by mode 2 of yusesope's tool invariably failed.

But....mode 1? No. A foolish thought. For a TV who only supports 4 and 5, what could mode 1 ever do? Still...worth a try. The -mode 2 flag is removed from the .bat. The tool laboriously muxes together the bl and el. Quick. NVMe. 5 minutes. No expectations. .\mp4muxer -i bl_el_rpu.hevc -i audio.ac3 --dv-profile 5.

No expectation. TV is turned on. File is navigated to.

Press Play.

DOLBY VISION

Sony Pictures Logo.

No.....could it be? Skip around the movie. Sanity check.

ITWORKED. IT FINALLY WORKED. I never thought I would see the day.

Success. At last.
box4m

Post by box4m »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:59 pm
box4m wrote:
haha yeah, i shouldve mentioned that i didnt mean the mp4muxer CLI, but i guess thats whats used, my cmdwindow gets spammed with "out of sync" when trying to add audio + video as input, what can i be doing wrong
tr000

Post by tr000 »

box4m wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:14 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:59 pm
box4m wrote:
haha yeah, i shouldve mentioned that i didnt mean the mp4muxer CLI, but i guess thats whats used, my cmdwindow gets spammed with "out of sync" when trying to add audio + video as input, what can i be doing wrong
You're using a non-standard AC-3. Perhaps atmos AC3? When getting the audio track from TSMuxer, make sure to downconvert TrueHD to AC3, or use eac3to if converting from DTS. You should see one or no "out of sync" errors.
ragico

Post by ragico »

@tr000.
I think he just wants to separate the single file into the base layer and enhancement layer .hevcs. You should be able to do this by muxing the BL_EL_EPU.hevc file with MP4Muxer then using MP4Demuxer to get the BL and EL separately.

Thanks I tried your suggestion but demuxing the newly created mp4 gives me the yousesope original sinle file. May be only Yusesope can suggest how to separate the base layer and the EL
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

ive being away for a while,how are we atm? so far ive being making dolby vision files with
ffmpeg
yuescopes tool
tsmuxer
eac3 tool (atmos audio)

i'm unable to play atmos truehd audio with dolby vision yet in a ts format on my shield tv pro.
has that being fixed yet?
also whats the latest software on all of these i think i'm seriously behind xD
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm
ive being away for a while,how are we atm? so far ive being making dolby vision files with
ffmpeg
yuescopes tool
tsmuxer
eac3 tool (atmos audio)

i'm unable to play atmos truehd audio with dolby vision yet in a ts format on my shield tv pro.
I do get Dolby Vision + Atmos with Nvidia Shield Pro using ffmpeg + yusesope tool + tsMuxer nightly.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:48 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm
ffmpeg
yuescopes tool
tsmuxer
eac3 tool (atmos audio)

I do get Dolby Vision + Atmos with Nvidia Shield Pro using ffmpeg + yusesope tool + tsMuxer nightly.

hmmm i think i'm going wrong somewhere,because i have to use the underlaying ac3 audio of the truehd atmos cause otherwise i get a error/hdr
may i have a link to your ffmpeg and tsmuxer?
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:04 pm
hmmm i think i'm going wrong somewhere,because i have to use the underlaying ac3 audio of the truehd atmos cause otherwise i get a error/hdr
may i have a link to your ffmpeg and tsmuxer?
ffmpeg: https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html
tsMuxer (nightly): https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... UI-Nightly

Once you use tsMuxer you can get the TrueHD/DTS track directly from the original .m2ts file.