Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rosavanwinkle

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by rosavanwinkle »

Alrighty...so i went to the basement found my box....

it is a SK8
this one has truehd and dolby atmos... i just have to figure out how to connect this badboy to the shield tv pro
it has a hdmi out (tv arc) , hdmi in,optical and ethernet port.
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Hey guys, how can I get dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU in a .ts container? With MakeMKV I can only get dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, which MX Player just won't recognise as Dolby Vision?

It is also strange, that MediaInfo shows HDR10 / HDR10 if video is dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU and Dolby Vision / HDR10 if video is dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:20 pm

it is a SK8
this one has truehd and dolby atmos... i just have to figure out how to connect this badboy to the shield tv pro
Then my previous statement still stands. shield pro into hdmi in of soundbar and then hdmi out from soundbar to tv.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:

it is a SK8
Then my previous statement still stands. shield pro into hdmi in of soundbar and then hdmi out from soundbar to tv.
good news and bad news
connected it as you said and yay i got dolby atmos sound! the soundbar switched (it gives a popup) and played truhd + atmos audio movies xD
now for the bad news,not sure if this is a cable issue,or if i'm wrong somewhere,but my shield suddenly switched to 1080P wtf...

https://i.imgur.com/eyKyQsH.png

EDIT: please don't tell me its because my soundbar doesn't have more modern hdmi ports....
would a splitter fix this?
plex pass user
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:07 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
rosavanwinkle wrote:

it is a SK8
good news and bad news
connected it as you said and yay i got dolby atmos sound! the soundbar switched (it gives a popup) and played truhd + atmos audio movies xD
now for the bad news,not sure if this is a cable issue,or if i'm wrong somewhere,but my shield suddenly switched to 1080P wtf...

EDIT: please don't tell me its because my soundbar doesn't have more modern hdmi ports....
Well unfortunately there lies your dilemma. Your TV can't passthrough truehd atmos and your soundbar can't passthrough a 4k/HDR signal. You might get away with using a splitter that has multiple outputs to go from your shield to the tv and shield to the soundbar simultaneously, but I honestly wouldn't bother. Getting a soundbar to process an atmos signal is not worth all this trouble imho. Plug the shield into the TV and call it a day.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:07 pm
shawnc22 wrote:

good news and bad news

Well unfortunately there lies your dilemma. Your TV can't passthrough truehd atmos and your soundbar can't passthrough a 4k/HDR signal. You might get away with using a splitter that has multiple outputs to go from your shield to the tv and shield to the soundbar simultaneously, but I honestly wouldn't bother. Getting a soundbar to process an atmos signal is not worth all this trouble imho. Plug the shield into the TV and call it a day.
but my tv does support atmos. i checked the site...this is so confusing xD
plex pass user
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm
For a TV to be able to passthrough TrueHD Atmos lossless audio through HDMI, it needs e-ARC. That TV only has ARC (on HDMI input 2) and will be limited to at best passing through Dolby Digital+ Atmos lossy audio (those found in streaming apps).
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:05 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm
For a TV to be able to passthrough TrueHD Atmos lossless audio through HDMI, it needs e-ARC. That TV only has ARC (on HDMI input 2) and will be limited to at best passing through Dolby Digital+ Atmos lossy audio (those found in streaming apps).
oh well,i accept that fate and will just use the underlaying ac3 audio core that comes with it. :/ its better then nothing
unless i find a solution
plex pass user
tr000

Post by tr000 »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Hey guys, how can I get dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU in a .ts container? With MakeMKV I can only get dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, which MX Player just won't recognise as Dolby Vision?

It is also strange, that MediaInfo shows HDR10 / HDR10 if video is dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU and Dolby Vision / HDR10 if video is dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU.
For this to work, I had to use the .hevc generated with Yusesope's tool in Mode 1, then mux it with MP4Muxer in Profile 5, then put that into TSMuxer. Here are some MediaInfos. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 534#p88534
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

tr000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 am
darrrkmanxxx wrote:

For this to work, I had to use the .hevc generated with Yusesope's tool in Mode 1, then mux it with MP4Muxer in Profile 5, then put that into TSMuxer. Here are some MediaInfos. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 534#p88534
Skip a step, use mode -2 then add to tsmuxer. You shouldn't need mp4muxer
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 am
TickTock wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 am
The clip @shawnc22 posted here:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 613#p88613

works on my TV but when I attempted to create the same film it plays with a black screen and sound. The strange thing is both the clip and the film I created have exactly the same HDR format info:
HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
I'm trying to work out why my TV plays the clip but not the film.
My clip was made with yusecope's tool in the default mode. You may want to give that another try if you're using the video track from makemkv. I'm honestly not sure which version of tsmuxer will work correctly with the video tracks that makemkv is now generating. Even though all the mediainfo have looked good, sometimes the video track is just not getting picked up on playback. I thought I had the issue narrowed down to HDR10+ and recent versions of tsmuxer, but there've been so many reports of other films that I've just gone back to the old method (yusecope's tool) of making my TS remuxes. I've never had an issue with the video track not being picked up with yusecope's tool and any versions of tsmuxer. Most of my testing have been done on the shield, so I can't really speak to what should and shouldn't work on a TV's internal player.
Thanks for your response.

I used yusecope's tool in its default mode on the same film and it now works :). I tried working out the issue by creating the film with no sound, with sound (ac3) and with Dolby TrueHD Atmos. All files work but the file with Dolby TrueHD Atmost plays without audio because my TV only supports DD+ Atmos. I'm not sure why the file didn't work at first.

I tried a few more films and had problems with:

Earth One Amazing Day - The file starts with sound and the Dolby Vision logo is displayed but the film then freezes
Sicario Day of the Soldado - Black screen with sound and no Dolby Vision logo

Every film I created using MakeMKV doesn't work on the internal player of my TV. Hopefully future versions will resolve the problem. I plan on buying a Firestick 4K and I may purchase a Nvidia Shield in a few months.
Last edited by TickTock on Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

badrobot wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:25 pm
TickTock wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 am
badrobot wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:50 am

you got dhve 06.06 because you used mode 1 of yusesope's tool, and the new version of tsmuxer.
It seems that you download the wrong file ? I have tested the link. the date of tsmuxer.exe must be 2020-03-30.
mode 1 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+EL+RPU ——> dhve 04.06(old version of temuxer, I posted the link) or 06.06(new version of tsmuxer)
mode 2 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+RPU ——> dhve 05.06(old version of temuxer , I posted the link) or 08.06(new version of tsmuxer)
Oh, I used MakeMKV and tsMuxeR to create the file, I had tried yusesope's tool on a couple of films with mode 1 but they didn't work. I tried yusesope's tool with mode set as 2 and then used tsMuxeR and the film works perfectly, with the version of tsMuxeR you linked to (dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU) and the latest version (dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU). This is the first time I've been able to create a full playable Dolby Vision film. Thank you for your response and help :).

Do you know of a method to create working Dolby Vision films with?:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU
The clip @shawnc22 posted here:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 613#p88613

works on my TV but when I attempted to create the same film it plays with a black screen and sound. The strange thing is both the clip and the film I created have exactly the same HDR format info:

I'm trying to work out why my TV plays the clip but not the film.
you need dhve 04.06? follow this:
1/ use ffmpeg to extract the BL to BL.hevc, EL+RPU to EL_RPU.hevc.

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i d:\your_input_file.m2ts -map 0:0 -c copy d:\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy d:\EL_RPU.hevc
2/ use mode 1 of yusesope's tool to mix BL.hevc and EL+RPU.hevc. example output file name FULL.hevc

Code: Select all

python BL_EL_RPU_BUILDER.py -bl d:\BL.hevc -el d:\EL_RPU.hevc -of d:\FULL.hevc
3/ use old version of tsmuxer to remux FULL.hevc and sound track from m2ts(or other video file)

Bingo!
I managed to create working files by demuxing with tsMuxeR 2020-03-30 nightly and then using yusecope's tool in the default mode :). Thanks for telling me another method to achieve the same result, it's useful because for some reason files don't always work.
tr000

Post by tr000 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:35 am
tr000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 am
darrrkmanxxx wrote:

Skip a step, use mode -2 then add to tsmuxer. You shouldn't need mp4muxer
If you read the post that was quoted in the post I quoted in the post that you quoted, you'll see that mode 2 was actually what caused problems for me. It would always give me a Profile 7 or 8 when put into TSMuxer, which my TV refused. Only mode 1 with MP4Muxer gave me a proper profile 5. Maybe it was just the particular movie.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

hepe9 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 am
I can't understand how is possible we don't have any windows player than can play DV

Only in Android
is this a thing? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/app/9 ... verviewtab maybe mpc-be or microsoft's new fancy edge browser can use this extension?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Grencola wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 pm
is this a thing? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/app/9 ... verviewtab maybe mpc-be or microsoft's new fancy edge browser can use this extension?
I tried that and I try again every Windows update but it doesn't trigger DV on my end using the movies and tv app.
On Netflix, using the app or edge; when I press ctrl + alt + SHIFT + d, the stats say Dolby Vision HEVC but the tv doesn't trigger DV.

I think it's just missing a Dolby vision slidder in display setting like there is for HDR10. Maybe a future Windows update.