Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
userr

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by userr »

Hello all,

Sorry its alot to read... i hope its ok if i ask:

- Ripping with makemkv 1.15.3 rips both MEL and FEL, depending on what the disc is ofcourse?
- What is the updated way to create mkv files in the "same" way as makemkv but with yusesope tool :D
Malkana

Post by Malkana »

So what process do we need to use to playback Dolby Vision correctly from the new IPhone 12 (which uses profile 8.x) via either Infuse or the internal players on the LG CX or Panasonic z1000?
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

hey guys, with the recent plex update it stopped triggering dolby vision on profiles 6. Now it's only working with profiles 8 and 7.
However, some of my the files I have in profile 6. Is there any faster way to change the profiles, rather than demux single layer hevc, demux with yusescope tools into bl+el, then use gamma tool to mux into profile 8 and then mux back into ts container?
codeXRes

Post by codeXRes »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:32 pm
hey guys, with the recent plex update it stopped triggering dolby vision on profiles 6. Now it's only working with profiles 8 and 7.
However, some of my the files I have in profile 6. Is there any faster way to change the profiles, rather than demux single layer hevc, demux with yusescope tools into bl+el, then use gamma tool to mux into profile 8 and then mux back into ts container?
Okay this is what I did for my Profile 6 TS files.

1. Use the old TSMuxer (Profile 4.06 fix) to create a Bluray folder from the TS file.

2. Create an MKV using latest MakeMKV from this Bluray folder. For some reason the output is detected as DV 7.00 (BL+RPU) by mediainfo.

3. Run the MKV through MakeMKV one more time and the output will be a DV 7.06 (BL+EL+RPU) mkv.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Does anyone know if the Bluray Player App on the Xbox Series X can run these Dolby Vision remux?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:14 am
Does anyone know if the Bluray Player App on the Xbox Series X can run these Dolby Vision remux?
No DV support for UHD Bluray on the Xbox Series X, DV is only available through streaming apps.
whiplash1

Post by whiplash1 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 am
deadchip12 wrote:
No DV support for UHD Bluray on the Xbox Series X, DV is only available through streaming apps.
Yeah but it'll be interesting to know if it too can play DV MEL (or FEL converted to MEL) titles like the Firestick 4k. Through the modified exoplayer of course, or Plex.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

whiplash1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:58 am
shawnc22 wrote:
deadchip12 wrote:
Yeah but it'll be interesting to know if it too can play DV MEL (or FEL converted to MEL) titles like the Firestick 4k. Through the modified exoplayer of course, or Plex.
Not likely. No chance for exoplayer since it's not an Android based OS. It seemingly has the same DV implementation as the One X and Plex so far hasn't shown any signs of adding DV support after such a long time.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Was away for a few weeks, could not log in to check the updates. My understanding is there is a good proven method of creating DV MEL files for both MEL and FEL>MEL for devices like Fire TV 4K Stick and Nvidia Shield in MKV through Plex. Can someone summarize how to get it done step by step? I would really appreciate it!
whiplash1

Post by whiplash1 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:25 pm
whiplash1 wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

Not likely. No chance for exoplayer since it's not an Android based OS. It seemingly has the same DV implementation as the One X and Plex so far hasn't shown any signs of adding DV support after such a long time.
I think after the latest update Plex now supports DV?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

mulucy wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Was away for a few weeks, could not log in to check the updates. My understanding is there is a good proven method of creating DV MEL files for both MEL and FEL>MEL for devices like Fire TV 4K Stick and Nvidia Shield in MKV through Plex. Can someone summarize how to get it done step by step? I would really appreciate it!
You don’t need to do anything than use Makemkv with Plex on Shield 2019.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

whiplash1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:58 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:25 pm
whiplash1 wrote:

I think after the latest update Plex now supports DV?
Yes, the Android release does. Again, the Xbox does not run Android and every OS has their own version of Plex. So far, only the Android release has shown DV support as far as I know.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 pm
mulucy wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:59 pm
You don’t need to do anything than use Makemkv with Plex on Shield 2019.
What about the Fire TV 4K Stick?
koolkunz

Post by koolkunz »

koolkunz wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:49 pm
yusesope wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:43 pm
koolkunz wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Edit: Manually setting audio delay of around 170ms seems to fix the issue but this shouldn't be happening right?
Is there a solution for this? Or has this happened due to something I did wrong?
It's not your fault.
FFmpeg can rarely fail to perfectly sync my video with the audio in the chosen file.

I don't know how you solved it (there are so many ways), the easiest for me is to use the -itsoffset switch inside the second command.
-itsoffset must be placed before the second input (i.e. the file from which FFmpeg will take the audio ... look at the red part in the example)
src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -itsoffset 170ms -i \path\to\your\original\file.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Movie Title_________________________________________________________________________" \path\to\your\output\file.mkv
Use a positive value (in this specific case, 170ms) if the audio starts before the video (aka “you have to slow down the audio”).
Use a negative value (in this specific case, -170ms) if the video starts before the audio (aka “you have to slow down the video”).
Faced the same issue with 2 another movies: 13 Hours (this movie is divided into 3 m2ts files so had to use new GAMMA build with -bluray command support) and Angel Has Fallen (single m2ts file)

The audio delay issue happened here also and it is exactly the same it was with First Man. The video is delayed by 167ms (exact same value as before which equals to 7 video frames for 23.976fps video) which leads to the audio being in front of the video and setting manual delay using ffmpeg/mkvtoolnix adds an extra step.

The fact that the exact same issue has happened with 3 different blurays I feel it could possibly be a bug and not just something due to ffmpeg?

One thing to note is that all 3 blurays have truehd audio tracks (these are the only 3 with truehd audio that I have tried yet and all of them have given the same problem) as primary and I used fel to mel switch everytime . These are the only common denominators I can see.
using the v0.0.4_BETA_TEST_17102020 method for movies with truehd audio seems to work for now. It is a much longer process than v0.0.4_GAMMA_07112020 but no audio delay issues with truehd audio.
PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW »

koolkunz wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:23 pm
using the v0.0.4_BETA_TEST_17102020 method for movies with truehd audio seems to work for now. It is a much longer process than v0.0.4_GAMMA_07112020 but no audio delay issues with truehd audio.
Yeah, but if you need a mkv at the end, I found with quite a few titles that the Dolby vision layers / dual video tracks end up out of sync with beta - which is a lot worse than the audio :P