Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Synerge

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Synerge »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 am
So after enough testing, I can now safely say the dv mp4s made from mkvs DO infact work just fine :) i've ran my program on like 10 of them and they all show dv and look and play amazing, with better contrast in the darker scenes that hdr10 misses. I'll update my app and take mkv out of testing and into full on good to go mode :) yay!
I've also added elapsed time so you know how long it took when it finishes and bumped it to version 2.0 since I don't think I can add any more features with the knowledge i have lol.

DV-MP4-Maker v2.0: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0
I have a LG 2016 with dolby vision
I tried first with the normal way. First with TS Muxer and then MP4Muxer. In the pc I cannot open that file, gives critical error. But on the LG works fine, showing the dolby vision notification
I tried then with your system. I can open the file in the PC (looks like normal hdr), but the tv just wont play it.
Not sure where the problem is, maybe in the track muxer or in the mp4muxer if you changed something on there
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Synerge wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:40 am
I tried first with the normal way. First with TS Muxer and then MP4Muxer. In the pc I cannot open that file, gives critical error. But on the LG works fine, showing the dolby vision notification
I tried then with your system. I can open the file in the PC (looks like normal hdr), but the tv just wont play it.
Not sure where the problem is, maybe in the track muxer or in the mp4muxer if you changed something on there
crazy I heard the b6/c6 didn't work with these mp4s in DV, just the 7/8's. good on you though if you got it to work. I can't test that. also my script uses eac3to instead of tsmuxer as it was far more stable and seemed to demux files better. you can snag it here if you want: https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to
it should work fine as me and many others have made scores of mp4s now and they're working great, using both tsmuxer and eac3to.
Synerge

Post by Synerge »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Synerge wrote:
crazy I heard the b6/c6 didn't work with these mp4s in DV, just the 7/8's. good on you though if you got it to work. I can't test that. also my script uses eac3to instead of tsmuxer as it was far more stable and seemed to demux files better. you can snag it here if you want: https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to
it should work fine as me and many others have made scores of mp4s now and they're working great, using both tsmuxer and eac3to.
It may be possible that is the movie that failsn and not the process. I didnt tried with the same movie as before because it takes way too long
BTW, I dont have an oled, my tv is a super uhd from lg, uh7700, with dolby vision
Also, can the speed of the process be accelerated by moving the files to a ssd? or is it exclusively done by cpu power?
Hi-Res

Post by Hi-Res »

Grencola wrote:
Synerge wrote:
I own a C6 65" 4K OLED. This is my experience so far.

If the video file Mastering is Display P3 & Mastering display luminance is 4000 cd/m2. The file will display Dolby Vision and you will NOT experience the green screen overlay. Ex. of working movies. Venom 4K Blu Ray , Robin Hood 4K Blu Ray, Creed II 4k Blu Ray, Fantastic Beasts The Crimes Of Grindelwald 4K Blu Ray, etc.

Code: Select all

Video #1 Main

Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2

Video #2 Dolby Vision

===========================================================

DOLBY VISION WILL DISPLAY BUT HAS SHOW GREEN SCREEN OVERLAY

If the video file Mastering is Display P3 & Mastering display luminance is 1000 cd/m2. The file will display Dolby Vision but you will experience the green screen overlay. Ex. Braveheart 4K Blu Ray, Schindler's List 4K Blu Ray, Gladiator 4K Blu Ray, etc.

Video #1 Main

Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

Video #2 Dolby Vision

If the video file Mastering is BT.2020 & Mastering display luminance is max: 1000 cd/m2. The file will display Dolby Vision but you will experience the green screen overlay. Ex. The Deer Hunter 4K Blu Ray.

Video#1

Mastering display color primaries : BT.2020

Video#2 Dolby Vision

I've had some issues with the tsMuxer demuxing Tomb Raider (2018). Error B-pyramid level 2 detected. Shift DTS to 3 frames. And couldn't get the audio to sync with the video. Tried using MKV container and m2ts container. So I believe there's some issues with BT.2020 w/ max: 4000 cd/m2. Although I couldn't get the audio to sync with the video there was no green screen overlay.

Video #1 Main 

Video #2 Dolby Vision

Maybe it will work^ Still testing.

This is my experience with the LG C6 65 OLED. All test for playback and results were playing files via DLNA. Withe LG C6 built in decoders. No Blu Ray Players connected. And using dlb_mp4base
Hi-Res

Post by Hi-Res »

Synerge wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:45 pm
Grencola wrote:
Synerge wrote:
It may be possible that is the movie that failsn and not the process. I didnt tried with the same movie as before because it takes way too long
BTW, I dont have an oled, my tv is a super uhd from lg, uh7700, with dolby vision
Also, can the speed of the process be accelerated by moving the files to a ssd? or is it exclusively done by cpu power?
It's a combination of your SSD or HDD read and write speed. Also not too much CPU power is required. To mux the files faster it will highly be dependent on your read and mostly write speed. My experience with dlb_mp4base is as follows there's heavy read speeds at first. Followed by a few minutes of CPU usage no read or write during this time. And finally the muxing with read & write.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Hi-Res wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 am
This is my experience with the LG C6 65 OLED. All test for playback and results were playing files via DLNA. Withe LG C6 built in decoders. No Blu Ray Players connected. And using dlb_mp4base
interesting, thanks for all the testing. so basically anything with 1000 cd/m2 doesn't work in DV then on a c6 so far, good to know.
also eac3to worked perfectly to demux tomb raider using both an m2ts and mkv remux file. the dv mp4 is lovely and much better than in hdr10. tsmuxer is dead to me, so many frame rate and other random errors.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to
just type in cmd prompt:
eac3to.exe movie.mkv(or .m2ts) 1: bl hevc 2: el.hevc 3: audio.ac3 -core -640
then use mp4muxer with those file to make an mp4.
or, you know, just use my app and click one button ;)
Last edited by Grencola on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Synerge wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:45 pm
thanks for testing! I've added it to my list. this will make some people I know quite happy :)
ragico

Post by ragico »

Hi Grencola, thanks for your work.
I am from Italy and would like to mux italian audio track.
I tried yr program and noted that it muxes the first audio track that is in vast maìjority english.
So I ask you if you can add the option to select the audio track by language if possible,
That will allow me to use yr program always. I like it.
Thanks for considering this possibility.
Synerge

Post by Synerge »

By the way, I made a better .bat for the whole process, that you could update your app with that

set PATH="J:\Peliculas\Black.Panther.2018.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT\"
set PATH2=%PATH:\=/%

timer /nologo /q

for %%a in (%PATH%*.mkv) do (
	SET original=%%~na

REM Dont convert dolby vision movies that were already muxed
	Echo.%original | findstr /C:"Dolby.Vision">nul && (
		REM FALSE
	) || (
		@echo %%~na> filename.txt
	)
)

set /p moviename=< filename.txt
IF NOT EXIST %PATH%"%moviename%.mkv" goto missing
IF EXIST %PATH2%%moviename%".Dolby.Vision.mp4" goto alreadymuxed
IF EXIST %PATH%"bl.hevc" goto alreadyextracted

:extract
echo Found MKV File! Extracting tracks, please wait (approx. 30 mins)...
eac3to.exe %PATH%"%moviename%.mkv" 1: %PATH%"bl.hevc" 2: %PATH%"el.hevc" 3: %PATH%"audio.ac3" -core -640
IF NOT EXIST %PATH%"el.hevc" goto wrong
goto mux

:alreadyextracted
echo Found extracted tracks. Proceding to mux!

:mux
echo Muxing tracks to MP4, please wait (approx. 45 mins)...
mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file %PATH2%"bl.hevc" --input-file %PATH2%"el.hevc" --input-file %PATH2%"audio.ac3" --media-lang eng --output-file %PATH2%%moviename%".Dolby.Vision.mp4"
timer /nologo /s > time.txt
set /p time=< time.txt
echo Process Completed in %time%. Enjoy :)
goto end

:alreadymuxed
echo The movie was already muxed before. Check the folder for the dolby vision mp4
goto end

:wrong
echo This file does not contain a Dolby Vision video track. Try another file!
goto end

:missing
echo This file doesn't exist!
goto end

:end
pause
On PATH you just set what is the folder that you want your movie to be muxed
- It has all type of messages, checks and error handling
- It doesn't rename the original movie, just creates one with the same name plus .dolby.vision
- Does extracting and muxing separately, and checks if they were already done so you avoid duplicates
- Doesn't remove anything yet so you can check or redo things without extracting again
- Doesn't do anything for files that already have the Dolby Vision name on it, to avoid muxing dolby movies

What could be changed is instead of using a fixed path, using a folder ./movies on the app, and moving the movies you want inside so they are processed directly, but for me this was better option, as this is not something that you would use masivelly
Also the PATH could be unhardcoded in a .txt and then read that text on the var itself, that is quite easy to do in fact
Synerge

Post by Synerge »

ragico wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm
Hi Grencola, thanks for your work.
I am from Italy and would like to mux italian audio track.
I tried yr program and noted that it muxes the first audio track that is in vast maìjority english.
So I ask you if you can add the option to select the audio track by language if possible,
That will allow me to use yr program always. I like it.
Thanks for considering this possibility.
I think there is no way to parse a track by language, as this parses the first ac3 it finds on the list I think, the default one
If you want custom tracks, you should extract them by hand with the apps in the first page
ragico

Post by ragico »

Yeh, I already use the first page indications and have done some mp4 .
Will continue using that system.
thanks
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:30 pm
thanks
I could write you a slightly different version of my program if you want, where in that cmd window when it lists all the different audio it would prompt you to type in whichever track number you'd like to use. but as synerge said it doesn't usually list all the languages so unless you know which track is in Italian (perhaps checking the mediainfo / playing the movie before running my app) then you'll just be guessing.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Synerge wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 am
- It doesn't rename the original movie, just creates one with the same name plus .dolby.vision
- Does extracting and muxing separately, and checks if they were already done so you avoid duplicates
- Doesn't remove anything yet so you can check or redo things without extracting again
- Doesn't do anything for files that already have the Dolby Vision name on it, to avoid muxing dolby movies

What could be changed is instead of using a fixed path, using a folder ./movies on the app, and moving the movies you want inside so they are processed directly, but for me this was better option, as this is not something that you would use masivelly
Also the PATH could be unhardcoded in a .txt and then read that text on the var itself, that is quite easy to do in fact
thanks for taking your time with all of this, you clearly know far mode code than I do lol. I could definitely use a bunch of stuff from it like all the redirects so I don't have to use 6 different script files. I do like having it clear away all the temp files so it appears as if the only thing changed is the new file that appears. and also like the one click install process where there's no user input needed. so I'll probably just cherry pick the cool stuff if that's ok :)

hey if by chance you know the command, im trying to check for adequate disk space, but i need it to check that there's 3x the size of source file available since you need space for the original, the demuxed tracks, and the output file before the process completes. i've been using this so far:

FOR /F "usebackq tokens=3" %%s IN (`DIR /-C /-O /W`) DO SET FREE_SPACE=%%s
IF *.mkv gtr %FREE_SPACE% goto nospace
:nospace
echo There is not enough disk space to proceed!
goto end
but that only simply checks if your file is bigger than your free space. when I try and multiply the file size by 3, i get the 32-bit integer error since it's in bytes and the number is too massive. so I tried all different pieces of code using setlocal enableextensions disabledelayedexpansion / fsutil volume diskfree / wmic.exe etc to convert it all to gigabytes with only a few digits first then do the math, but i keep coming up with errors as my knowledge is lacking.
what do you think?
Synerge

Post by Synerge »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:01 pm
Synerge wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 am

thanks for taking your time with all of this, you clearly know far mode code than I do lol. I could definitely use a bunch of stuff from it like all the redirects so I don't have to use 6 different script files. I do like having it clear away all the temp files so it appears as if the only thing changed is the new file that appears. and also like the one click install process where there's no user input needed. so I'll probably just cherry pick the cool stuff if that's ok :)

hey if by chance you know the command, im trying to check for adequate disk space, but i need it to check that there's 3x the size of source file available since you need space for the original, the demuxed tracks, and the output file before the process completes. i've been using this so far:

FOR /F "usebackq tokens=3" %%s IN (`DIR /-C /-O /W`) DO SET FREE_SPACE=%%s
IF *.mkv gtr %FREE_SPACE% goto nospace
:nospace
echo There is not enough disk space to proceed!
goto end
but that only simply checks if your file is bigger than your free space. when I try and multiply the file size by 3, i get the 32-bit integer error since it's in bytes and the number is too massive. so I tried all different pieces of code using setlocal enableextensions disabledelayedexpansion / fsutil volume diskfree / wmic.exe etc to convert it all to gigabytes with only a few digits first then do the math, but i keep coming up with errors as my knowledge is lacking.
what do you think?
To be honest, I know really little about batch commands, so I must look for every command when I need to do something
For what you say, it seems that the command is checking the space fine. If you problem is with int32 limit, you could divide it by 1000 to get a smaller value and then multiply it by 3 and compare so you dont break the variable
ragico

Post by ragico »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:05 pm
ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:30 pm
thanks
I could write you a slightly different version of my program if you want, where in that cmd window when it lists all the different audio it would prompt you to type in whichever track number you'd like to use. but as synerge said it doesn't usually list all the languages so unless you know which track is in Italian (perhaps checking the mediainfo / playing the movie before running my app) then you'll just be guessing.
Yes please, very happy to test it.
thanks