Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
userr

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by userr »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:22 am
box4m wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:11 am
am i correct when i say 59.94fps + DV is beyond HDMI2.0b standard?
no you are not.
no playback issue on bluray players. My x700 play that movie at 60fps in DV+ Atmos + subs just fine.
thinking of buying x700, does it play profile 7 .ts or .mp4 with atmos from network share or plex?
im also curious, how do you know its actually recognizing DV, when u have to enable DV in settings, we dont know that its triggering and playing it correctly?
thanks
userr

Post by userr »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:41 am

Cool, I'm glad they worked for you. Here are the steps to create them. For this example, I used Birds of Prey which is MEL. Just change the inputs/outputs to your source.

1. Extract the BL and EL to separate hevc files and any audio tracks you want. I prefer to use eac3to for this task. You can use ffmpeg if you want. Here are both commands:

eac3to N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls 1) 2: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc 3: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc 4: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3 -core

ffmpeg -y -hide_banner -analyzeduration 999M -probesize 999M -playlist 00800 -i bluray:N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY -map 0:0 -c:v copy N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c:v copy N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a ac3 -b:a 640k N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3

2. Shrink the BL. I use NVencC64 for this using a bitrate of 25000k. The command is:

NVEncC_5.01_x64\NVEncC64 --avhw -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc --output-res 3840x2160 --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --profile main10 --tier high --output-depth 10 --lookahead 32 --vbrhq 25000 --output-buf 64 --aud --colorprim bt2020 --colormatrix bt2020nc --transfer smpte2084 --chromaloc 2 --master-display copy --max-cll copy -o N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL_shrunk.hevc

3. Then use mp4muxer to mux the BL, EL and audio to a mp4 file. The command is:

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 4 -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL_shrunk.hevc -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3 --media-lang eng -o N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\Birds.of.Prey.(2020).2160p.UHDRip.(Dolby.Vision).HEVC.AC3.mp4

This should give you a re-encoded mp4 that is DV 04.06 with AC3 audio.

Here is the link for the Birds of Prey sample I created. It is DV 04.06 with ac3 audio.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zakxv8ym ... 9.zip/file
Did anyone try this method of shrinking the BL and running in through yusetool?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

userr wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:28 pm

thinking of buying x700, does it play profile 7 .ts or .mp4 with atmos from network share or plex?
im also curious, how do you know its actually recognizing DV, when u have to enable DV in settings, we dont know that its triggering and playing it correctly?
thanks
it plays both mp4 and ts dual-layer profile 7 DV. But with Atmos + subs, only in a TS container.
it works via the network but not so well, thanks to the slow 100mbps ethernet port. No plex app, unfortunately.
the only downside is the bug that won't let you play 2 movies/files without having to reboot the player.
userr wrote:

thanks
OSD says Dolby Vision HDR for real DV.
OSD says HDR only for fake DV.

I also made some screenshot comparison with the disc the mp4 and the ts... all identicals
userr

Post by userr »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 pm
userr wrote:

thanks
it plays both mp4 and ts dual-layer profile 7 DV. But with Atmos + subs, only in a TS container.
it works via the network but not so well, thanks to the slow 100mbps ethernet port. No plex app, unfortunately.
the only downside is the bug that won't let you play 2 movies/files without having to reboot the player.
Nice, thanks for quick answer.
If not plex then what does it support? SMB? DLNA?
Ye i read about the 100mbps ethernet, in 2020... dont know what to say.
Probably better to use wifi then
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

userr wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm
Nice, thanks for quick answer.
If not plex then what does it support? SMB? DLNA?
Ye i read about the 100mbps ethernet, in 2020... dont know what to say.
Probably better to use wifi then
DLNA
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

userr wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Cool, I'm glad they worked for you. Here are the steps to create them. For this example, I used Birds of Prey which is MEL. Just change the inputs/outputs to your source.

1. Extract the BL and EL to separate hevc files and any audio tracks you want. I prefer to use eac3to for this task. You can use ffmpeg if you want. Here are both commands:

eac3to N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls 1) 2: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc 3: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc 4: N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3 -core

ffmpeg -y -hide_banner -analyzeduration 999M -probesize 999M -playlist 00800 -i bluray:N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY -map 0:0 -c:v copy N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c:v copy N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a ac3 -b:a 640k N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3

2. Shrink the BL. I use NVencC64 for this using a bitrate of 25000k. The command is:

NVEncC_5.01_x64\NVEncC64 --avhw -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL.hevc --output-res 3840x2160 --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --preset quality --level 5.1 --profile main10 --tier high --output-depth 10 --lookahead 32 --vbrhq 25000 --output-buf 64 --aud --colorprim bt2020 --colormatrix bt2020nc --transfer smpte2084 --chromaloc 2 --master-display copy --max-cll copy -o N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL_shrunk.hevc

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 4 -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\BL_shrunk.hevc -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\EL.hevc -i N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\audio.ac3 --media-lang eng -o N:\BIRDS_OF_PREY\TEMP_FOLDER\Birds.of.Prey.(2020).2160p.UHDRip.(Dolby.Vision).HEVC.AC3.mp4

Here is the link for the Birds of Prey sample I created. It is DV 04.06 with ac3 audio.

If you want a different DV profile, it should work. Give it a go!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
userr

Post by userr »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 am
userr wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Thats just it, i cant get it working.
Im running yusetool after shrinking the BL, which goes to 100% but the window remains open and i never get the "finished prompt".
When running mp4muxer after that, it never finishes for hours :/
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

userr wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
userr wrote:

Im running yusetool after shrinking the BL, which goes to 100% but the window remains open and i never get the "finished prompt".
Oh, then maybe there's something about the re-encoded file that yusecope's tool doesn't like. Can your device play profile 4? If so, then his tool is not needed.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
userr

Post by userr »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 am
userr wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Oh, then maybe there's something about the re-encoded file that yusecope's tool doesn't like. Can your device play profile 4? If so, then his tool is not needed.
It can play profile 4 ye, 2019 shield, its needed though because otherwise its dual-layer which shield cant play?
userr

Post by userr »

Grencola wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:27 am
It's already happened :P the Ugoos AM6 Plus plays profile 7 dv rips in kodi 18.6 (seek to 5:15ish): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cpBJSM ... Wt_2A/view I've also heard from people who have successfully played DV profile 5 rips in kodi 19 on their shield. both devices are quickly shaping up to be m9702 killers..
thetoad wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 am
if kodi can play a profile 7 dolby vision, there's no reason it wont be able to play with menus, at least if it on a device that can run java. In this case, as an android device, it isn't a likely target (though I've been off and on investigating how to run a jvm on android for kodi to use). With that said, menus for UHDs are mostly pointless, as the vast majority of UHDs are movie only punting all the extras to the regular bluray disk (there are exceptions, but they prove the rule)
What was the conclusion of Ugoos AM6 Plus concerning DV playback?
And is there a thread or information about wether kodi19 is gonna support more then profile 5?
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Sigh why doesn't dolby just release their own media player on pc that supports dolby vision and dolby atmos? They already got some form of that in their dolby access app, but that thing only plays some demo instead of any video files.
Gallo73

Post by Gallo73 »

It's my first go today at doing this - I've made the MP4 but it isn't recognised by my LG E6 OLED when trying to play with a USB drive into the USB3 port. It looks like it tries to load (disk access light is flashing) but I just get the LG loading symbol and after a few minutes the error 'file cannot be played'. On the Shield TV it plays but as HDR which is normal I guess for profile 7.

I'd really just like a way to get DV playback from UHDs on my Shield TV ideally, but as I understand that's not possible with dual stream MP4 .If anything has changed I'd love to know. I've read through the threads but there is a lot of information and easy to miss developments.

I used the following command for mp4muxer - have I done something wrong? Does the version of tsMuxer matter to get the files from the BDMV backup I made in MakeMKV?

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file base.hevc --input-file dv.hevc --input-file audio.ac3 --media-lang eng --output-file thematrix.mp4

Mediainfo reports the file structure correct I think:

Complete name : thematrix.mp4

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 2 h 16 min
Bit rate : 48.8 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

Video #2
ID : 2
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Bit rate : 66.2 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels

Audio
ID : 3
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : ac-3
planet_hoarder

Post by planet_hoarder »

userr wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 pm
Grencola wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:27 am
It's already happened :P the Ugoos AM6 Plus plays profile 7 dv rips in kodi 18.6 (seek to 5:15ish): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cpBJSM ... Wt_2A/view I've also heard from people who have successfully played DV profile 5 rips in kodi 19 on their shield. both devices are quickly shaping up to be m9702 killers..
thetoad wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 am
if kodi can play a profile 7 dolby vision, there's no reason it wont be able to play with menus, at least if it on a device that can run java. In this case, as an android device, it isn't a likely target (though I've been off and on investigating how to run a jvm on android for kodi to use). With that said, menus for UHDs are mostly pointless, as the vast majority of UHDs are movie only punting all the extras to the regular bluray disk (there are exceptions, but they prove the rule)
What was the conclusion of Ugoos AM6 Plus concerning DV playback?
And is there a thread or information about wether kodi19 is gonna support more then profile 5?
can Ugoos AM6 Plus playback lossless audio as well?
planet_hoarder

Post by planet_hoarder »

deadchip12 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am
Sigh why doesn't dolby just release their own media player on pc that supports dolby vision and dolby atmos? They already got some form of that in their dolby access app, but that thing only plays some demo instead of any video files.
because "pirates" and widows' implementation of HDR is abbysmal - which means app should be started with HDR on, in YCrCb4:2:0 (since movies use this) and display must support Dolby Vision
planet_hoarder

Post by planet_hoarder »

Gallo73 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:53 pm
It's my first go today at doing this - I've made the MP4 but it isn't recognised by my LG E6 OLED when trying to play with a USB drive into the USB3 port. It looks like it tries to load (disk access light is flashing) but I just get the LG loading symbol and after a few minutes the error 'file cannot be played'. On the Shield TV it plays but as HDR which is normal I guess for profile 7.

I'd really just like a way to get DV playback from UHDs on my Shield TV ideally, but as I understand that's not possible with dual stream MP4 .If anything has changed I'd love to know. I've read through the threads but there is a lot of information and easy to miss developments.

I used the following command for mp4muxer - have I done something wrong? Does the version of tsMuxer matter to get the files from the BDMV backup I made in MakeMKV?

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file base.hevc --input-file dv.hevc --input-file audio.ac3 --media-lang eng --output-file thematrix.mp4

Mediainfo reports the file structure correct I think:

Complete name : thematrix.mp4

Video #1
ID : 1
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Bit rate : 48.8 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

Video #2
ID : 2
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Bit rate : 66.2 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels

Audio
ID : 3
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : ac-3