Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
deadchip12

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 »

So is there a way to play dolby vision file on a sony tv like the x900f yet?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

I'm having issues with seamless branching discs. The.Secret.Life.of.Pets.2 and Angel.Heart.1987 keeps stuttering and freezes my player in DV :(

anyone else ??
seleste

Post by seleste »

It's a bit off topic, but never hurts to ask since many of you deal with mp4.
I cannot update or remove Title contents of DTS audio track when extracting those from mkv.
I've tried with ffmpeg:
-metadata title=
-metadata title=""
-metadata title=" "
-metadata title="entered.my.title"
and those work fine on .ac3 tracks but not on DTS - the original mkv title remains :x
I also tried using "-name" command with mp4box, but that just places my title in front of original mkv title, keeping them both.

The bottom line - I'd like final .mp4 to show my Titles, instead of those from mkv.
Psnjerry

Post by Psnjerry »

I converted a dts hd to eac3. Is there away I can add it to a already completed mp4 file?
ThatOneGuyGreggers

Post by ThatOneGuyGreggers »

So likeadoc does this mean we should be able to do HD audio with Dolby Vision? Also does it keep Atmos Metadata?

Has anyone managed to put it all together yet? I would love to help but looking at the ffmeg stuff a lot of it is way over my head.
likeadoc wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm
Hey yusesope
my ffmpeg bug (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8051) regarding implementation of a truehd substream just got closed with this commit http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a ... 7f4973d619 - TRUE HD ist now a supported format in the mp4 container!
daddy

Post by daddy »

Psnjerry wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:51 pm
I converted a dts hd to eac3. Is there away I can add it to a already completed mp4 file?
I think that something like this should work

Code: Select all

mp4box.exe -tmp C:\MP4\ -add C:\MP4\inputfile.mp4:rate=0 -add C:\MP4\audio.ac3#audio:lang=fr-FR -no-iod C:\MP4\outputfile.mp4
hydrad

Post by hydrad »

I just tried to create a Venom mux and it won't even play on my LG TV even before adding audio, after mp4muxer.

I demuxed it with:

ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:. -map 0:0 -c copy ./BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy ./EL.hevc
then:

mp4muxer_release --dv-profile 7 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file EL.hevc --output-file output.mp4
The same process worked fine with another movie.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
daddy

Post by daddy »

mp4muxer_release --dv-profile 7 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file EL.hevc --output-file output.mp4

The command looks correct, if you have mp4muxer executable file in the same directory than BL.hevc en El.hevc files.
What is this "release" version of mp4muxer, personnaly compiled ?
Can you try with the executable file from here: https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dl ... master/bin
I m using mp4muxer_64bits.exe on windows 10 64 bits and it works perfectly. (i did almost 100 dv mp4 files with it :mrgreen: )
superfans124

Post by superfans124 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 am
According to the instructions in the manual, it should not even recognize an mp4 with LPCM audio.
Well, the x700 supports the following audio format/combination(the one I tried):

works
MKV: AC3, AAC,DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-x
M2TS/TS: AC3, AAC, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-X, TrueHD Atmos, e-ac3
MP4: AAC, AC3, LPCM

player says unsupported format:
MKV: EAC3, TrueHD Atmos(because mkv split the core from the truehd)

player says nothing(like if there is no audio at all):
MP4: DTS family

all cinavia free via USB.
Hi, have you been experiencing hard crash on x700 playing dual-layer DV mp4? That seems like the last hurdle I'm still struggling.

I'm going from usb>X700>denon.x4300h>LG.c6, most (if not all) DV mp4 will cause my x700 to crash hard at some point during playback: screen freeze completely, no remote buttons response, only solution is to unplug the power cable to hard reboot.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

daddy wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:04 pm
(i did almost 100 dv mp4 files with it :mrgreen: )
Hi did you try ''Secret life of pets 2'' and ''Angel Hearts''? those 2 titles won't play no matter what I try. :(

superfans124 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:33 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
According to the instructions in the manual, it should not even recognize an mp4 with LPCM audio.
Well, the x700 supports the following audio format/combination(the one I tried):

works

Hi, have you been experiencing hard crash on x700 playing dual-layer DV mp4? That seems like the last hurdle I'm still struggling.

I'm going from usb>X700>denon.x4300h>LG.c6, most (if not all) DV mp4 will cause my x700 to crash hard at some point during playback: screen freeze completely, no remote buttons response, only solution is to unplug the power cable to hard reboot.
Hi,
from my experience, when I create DV mp4 remux from an MKV container. it also seems to freeze my player but not all the time.
Also, I noticed that sometimes when I pause a movie, it won't resume and I have to hard reboot the player.

When I demux directly from the untouched m2ts (UHD-BD ISO), I never had any issues (except for the 2 titles I noted earlier).
superfans124

Post by superfans124 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:17 pm
daddy wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:04 pm
(i did almost 100 dv mp4 files with it :mrgreen: )
Hi did you try ''Secret life of pets 2'' and ''Angel Hearts''? those 2 titles won't play no matter what I try. :(

superfans124 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:33 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:

works

Hi,
from my experience, when I create DV mp4 remux from an MKV container. it also seems to freeze my player but not all the time.
Also, I noticed that sometimes when I pause a movie, it won't resume and I have to hard reboot the player.

When I demux directly from the untouched m2ts (UHD-BD ISO), I never had any issues (except for the 2 titles I noted earlier).
idk, I only demux from m2ts. started out using tsMuxer then moved on to ffmpeg. I did Angel Heart, demuxed from M2TS, created dual-layer DV with DTS-HDMA5.1 re-encoded as PCM5.1, result...

crashes within first 5 seconds, couldn't even get a peak at Studio Canal logo...
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

superfans124 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 pm
idk, I only demux from m2ts. started out using tsMuxer then moved on to ffmpeg. I did Angel Heart, demuxed from M2TS, created dual-layer DV with DTS-HDMA5.1 re-encoded as PCM5.1, result...

crashes within first 5 seconds, couldn't even get a peak at Studio Canal logo...
yeah, angel heart(crash) and life of pets 2(stutter) is a no go, I had to watch them in HDR10.
but I watched more than 40 DV LPCM movies with the X700 without issue. I have almost the same setup you have, I'm surprised that most of your DV remux freeze your player.
x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> C8

this is the cmd-line I used for all my remux:

ffmpeg.exe -i D:\1.m2ts -map 0:0 -c copy D:\1.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy D:\2.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a pcm_s24be -ar 48000 -rf64 auto D:\lpcm.mov -map 0:6 -c copy -strict -2 D:\fr.mp4

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file D:\1.hevc --input-file D:\2.hevc --output-file DVremux.mp4

mp4box.exe -add D:\DVremux.mp4:rate=0 -add D:\lpcm.mov#audio:lang=en-EN -add D:\fr.mp4#audio:lang=fr-FR -add D:\fr.srt#subtitle:lang=fr-FR -tmp D:\ -brand mp42isom -ab dby1 -no-iod D:\DVremux-7.1.mp4
daddy

Post by daddy »

@RESET_9999
life of pets 2 : not done yet
angel heart : play normally, i did it from m2ts

i note that you are doing: x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> C8 (and the x700 force you to encode in pcm inside mp4)

Why don't you just do C8 ---ARC---> Denon AVR ?
powdeau

Post by powdeau »

Hi, could you please help me how can I get truehd audio file from m2ts, then convert it to lpcm and attach it to mp4 file (created with DVDFab) with mp4box?
Thank you!
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

daddy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 am
@RESET_9999
life of pets 2 : not done yet
angel heart : play normally, i did it from m2ts

i note that you are doing: x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> C8 (and the x700 force you to encode in pcm inside mp4)

Why don't you just do C8 ---ARC---> Denon AVR?
Thanks for confirming that Angel Heart works on your end. I was scared to try it directly on my 3k$ TV since it freezes my player.

I don't use ARC because it can only do DD 5.1 640kbps while my x700 ---> AVR can do lossless 9.2mb/s lpcm 7.1.
the audio is as important as the video to me; I can sacrifice atmos/dts-x metadata but not the bitrate :)
I wish my TV could do eARC but I would also need a new AVR lol.
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.