Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
MastaG

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by MastaG »

As I haven't been following much lately..
But I remember that the LG C8 internal player had some performance problems when remuxing some FEL Blu-ray movies.
Examples are 1917 and Gemini Man.
It doesn't really matter whether I used txmuxer or mp4muxer (profile 04 or 06) or even dual pid (profile 07).

The only way to get those movies to play smoothly was by discarding the EL layer by merging the two layers using yusesope's tool in mode 2 (BL+RPU).

Now some people claimed they got these movies to play smooth by merging both layers using yusesope's tool in mode 1 (BL+EL+RPU) and then using an old or modified version of txmuxer which would flag the movie as profile 08.

But that is like telling your TV there's no full EL right? As profile 08 and 05 are basically indicating BL+RPU.
So perhaps the reason for these FEL movies playing smooth when setting profile 08 is because the internal player doesn't process the EL at all?
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

LG profile 4 BL+EL+RPU demo is really odd on my setup
Some kind of artefacts on letters edges in DV version. SDR is clean
https://screenshotcomparison.com/compar ... /picture:0
Ugly orange sky in DV
https://screenshotcomparison.com/compar ... /picture:1
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Which version of TSMuxer I should be using to create a profile 7 TS or M2TS containers with my Sony X700? Is profile 7 best way to play DV UHD disk videos with X700?
McZuzlak

Post by McZuzlak »

Is it planned for feature makemkv revisions to create specific dv profiles without third party apps ?

The new Zidoo will support dv but profile 7 is excluded. Its confirmed that they are working on the SDK, and developing Dolby Vision support for MKV containers regarding profiles 4,5,8 & 9.
flashback8

Post by flashback8 »

I doubt MakeMKV will support conversion to other DV profiles. The policy has always been to just copy the data over into a new container, not to translate the data into other forms beyond what's absolutely necessary to get the data into MKV form. A more likely approach, IMO, would be for players to support on-the-fly conversion into other profiles. I suppose MakeMKV could potentially write a program that allows for conversion of MKVs to other profiles. I wouldn't count on it but you never know.

Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. :)
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

mulucy wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 am
Which version of TSMuxer I should be using to create a profile 7 TS or M2TS containers with my Sony X700? Is profile 7 best way to play DV UHD disk videos with X700?
anyone?
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 pm
Alldu wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Hy guys, anybody know what's the best way to embed sub/idx or ass subtitles into the DV mp4? I play my DV files via X700 and for some reason it can't read ass subs properly and sub/idx at all, if I put them in the same folder as DV mp4. Thanks!
You don't have to use the MP4 container anymore with the x700. You can remux your UHD bluray disc directly to .TS or .M2TS using this tsMuxer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IWYPO4 ... sp=sharing

DV, Atmos and subs will work.
it appears the file has been removed. Do you still have a copy of Tsmuxer for the Profile 7? Thank you in advance!
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:45 pm
@mulucy

latest build should work.

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... htly#files
Thank you! The same thing, choose the BL and EL, keep desired sound files with subs, and go either with TS or M2TS? I just hope it will be in profile 7 automatically. BTW, which is better, TS or M2TS for X700?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

mulucy wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Thank you! The same thing, choose the BL and EL, keep desired sound files with subs, and go either with TS or M2TS? I just hope it will be in profile 7 automatically. BTW, which is better, TS or M2TS for X700?
yep, just remux straight to TS or M2TS, both work fine and yes it will be dual-layer profile 7.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm
mulucy wrote:

yep, just remux straight to TS or M2TS, both work fine and yes it will be dual-layer profile 7.
Thank you so much!
sajtipajti

Post by sajtipajti »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm
mulucy wrote:

Ts is smaller.
BUT
Try to remux Apocalypse now Final Cut or Spartacus with tsmuxer and you will get a file which can be played on X700, but X700 shows you that the file is 0:00:00 "long" and you cannot fastforward...
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

sajtipajti wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Ts is smaller.
BUT
Try to remux Apocalypse now Final Cut or Spartacus with tsmuxer and you will get a file which can be played on X700, but X700 shows you that the file is 0:00:00 "long" and you cannot fastforward...
Yep, I noticed the same with Lawrence of Arabia so I couldnt skip the first 8min of black screen lol.
sajtipajti

Post by sajtipajti »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:34 pm
Yep, I noticed the same with Lawrence of Arabia so I couldnt skip the first 8min of black screen lol.
In case of Spartacus, I found a solution: I splitted it to two parts (in addition I cutted out some blank frames from the middle). Maybe, it will work for you too...
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

RESET_9999 shawnc22 SamuriHL

Guys I would like to ask you to do some more pixelhunting :lol:

Here is Valerian test file (FEL) https://gofile.io/d/mpgn5a

Please compare it in HDR/DV mode on Shield. Take a close look on 0:33 mark
I wonder can you spot any difference in gradients around these areas on gun? :roll:
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700