Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yusesope

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 am
triple-layer BD-R are very expensive. yes, you can encode it to fit a BD-50 or even a BD-25 but it's not an option when you only want to watch the best quality possible.
I agree
Redhawk2000 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 pm
Is it possible with freeware (or cheapware) to convert lpcm (actually flac) to Dolby true HD losslessly?
Perhaps you'd be interested in the DTS-HD Master Audio format (DTS-HD MA == TrueHD). It's not freeware but, for "testing purpose" :wink: , it could be totally free.
Redhawk2000

Post by Redhawk2000 »

yusesope wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 am
Perhaps you'd be interested in the DTS-HD Master Audio format (DTS-HD MA == TrueHD). It's not freeware but, for "testing purpose" :wink: , it could be totally free.
That would be just fine, actually. What would that option be?
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Redhawk2000 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:03 pm
That would be just fine, actually. What would that option be?
What you need:
eac3to (search for "eac3to videohelp")
JAVA SE (search for "jPortable_6_Update_31.1_online.paf sourceforge")
DTS-HD Master Audio Suite (warez link removed)

DTS-HD Master Audio Suite is the tool you're looking for. In order for it to work, you have to install Java SE. I suggest you use the portable version (jPortable) and keep your PC clean. Run the paf.exe and select a destination directory (don't move the folder once created). You must also update the PATH environment variable by adding to it " the\directory\you\chose\Java\bin" (If you don't know how to do, search for "Add to the PATH on Windows 10").

Now, the first thing you must do is to convert your FLAC file to XX mono WAV tracks (where XX is the number of channels). The command line for that is:

Code: Select all

eac3to input.flac output.wavs
Every wav will be renamed whit the correct channel label.

Once you have demuxed your original track, you must import the XX mono WAV tracks using DTS-HD Master Audio Suite. Choose the best settings and start the encoding process.
You're done!
mercwithamouth

Post by mercwithamouth »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 am
mercwithamouth wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:02 pm
I used DVDFab's UHD Copy to burn a movie file onto a blank Blu-ray disc yesterday and, as it turns out, it keeps the Dolby Vision AND the lossless Dolby Atmos track. I downloaded Rocketman (found an HEVC upload of it, which is the entire disc including Dolby Vision), and after burning a copy onto the blank disc, I played it on my Sony UBP-X700 Blu-ray player. Sure enough, this popped up. I have yet to test a rip of one of my 4K Blu-rays, but I'm sure it'll work roughly the same.
I do the same when a movie fit a BD-50 but almost all the movies are larger than that(even without all the audio and menu) and triple-layer BD-R are very expensive. yes, you can encode it to fit a BD-50 or even a BD-25 but it's not an option when you only want to watch the best quality possible.
That is true, but if you have a large enough hard drive or USB, you could always burn a copy to it. It would only be the main movie, but special features typically aren't included on the 4K Blu-ray anyways, so you're not missing out on much.
omk1980

Post by omk1980 »

For the time being, until more advances can be made, would you recommend backing up a decrypted copy of a DV uhd through make mkv or should I try and find out how to turn the disc to an iso file.
Silergo

Post by Silergo »

yusesope wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 am
Finally found you, I have a question about you Dolby Vision creation guide on other forum, but can't pm you here. How can I contact you?
steffenmanden

Post by steffenmanden »

Awesome progress being made here!

Now we just need PGS support as well and it might actually make mkv the format of the past!

Really look forward to seeing the next steps
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MP4 does NOT support PGS subtitles, period. The only reason it supports VOB subtitles is via "well supported" unofficial extension to the standard.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

steffenmanden wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

Now we just need PGS support as well and it might actually make mkv the format of the past!

you can add subtitles in srt. format.

play fine on my TV but not with the bluray player.

mp4box.exe -add X:\DV.mp4:rate=0 -add X:\lpcm.mov#audio:lang=en-EN -add X:\en.srt#subtitle:lang=en-EN -add X:\fr.srt#subtitle:lang=fr-FR -tmp X:\ -brand mp42isom -ab dby1 -no-iod X:\DV.remux-7.1.mp4

Format : Timed Text
Codec ID : tx3g
Duration : 2 h 10 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 32 b/s
Stream size : 30.2 KiB (0%)
Title : srt#subtitle:lang=en-EN@GPAC0.9.0-DEV-rev2671-g6d57ee94-filters
Language : English
Forced : No
steffenmanden

Post by steffenmanden »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm
MP4 does NOT support PGS subtitles, period. The only reason it supports VOB subtitles is via "well supported" unofficial extension to the standard.
Wasn't this what people said about lossless audio also ? :)
steffenmanden

Post by steffenmanden »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 pm
steffenmanden wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

you can add subtitles in srt. format.

play fine on my TV but not with the bluray player.

mp4box.exe -add X:\DV.mp4:rate=0 -add X:\lpcm.mov#audio:lang=en-EN -add X:\en.srt#subtitle:lang=en-EN -add X:\fr.srt#subtitle:lang=fr-FR -tmp X:\ -brand mp42isom -ab dby1 -no-iod X:\DV.remux-7.1.mp4

Format : Timed Text
Codec ID : tx3g
Duration : 2 h 10 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 32 b/s
Stream size : 30.2 KiB (0%)
Title : srt#subtitle:lang=en-EN@GPAC0.9.0-DEV-rev2671-g6d57ee94-filters
Language : English
Forced : No
Yea, that just makes a lot of extra work when ripping your own discs :) But i like the progress so far, we can't get it all
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Silergo wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:22 pm
Finally found you, I have a question about you Dolby Vision creation guide on other forum, but can't pm you here. How can I contact you?
All right, you've found me. I surrender :lol: .
How can I help you?
You can write directly here, in this thread.

mercwithamouth wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 pm
That is true, but if you have a large enough hard drive or USB, you could always burn a copy to it.
You just gave me an idea.
Instead of using a simple USB device, why not build a SMART USB device!

The new Raspberry pi 4 (like the old models A, A+ and Pi Zero) implements a USB (Type-C) On-The-Go (OTG. Official info HERE). It would thus be possible to connect devices that do not have the ability to use network protocols directly to a NAS/Server (Samba, NFS, etc...).
Another advantage could be that you don't have to wait two weeks before data transfer it's over (mechanical Hard Disk, slow USB 3.0 Transfer, etc...).
Some devices also do not allow playback of certain video/audio formats over DLNA; others may present bugs.

More information HERE and HERE (post number 10 is enlightening) in case anyone's interested.

I wish you all a good day!
Silergo

Post by Silergo »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:16 am
All right, you've found me. I surrender :lol: .
How can I help you?
You can write directly here, in this thread.
Ok, here's the thing: your test file (https://pcdn-my.pcloud.com/publink/show ... 5KfjfgGwOX) plays great on TV and Apple TV. But when I tried to create mine it hang the TV or even turn if off. I compared you file and mine so they'll be the same in MediaInfo, and also tried to play raw file just created from DVDfab (only used mp4box -splitx for videosample), but it doesn't work. Maybe I should change something in hex editor or something?
Here is my sample just in case: https://fex.net/s/losdyon
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Silergo wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:35 pm
Ok, here's the thing: your test file (https://pcdn-my.pcloud.com/publink/show ... 5KfjfgGwOX) plays great on TV and Apple TV. But when I tried to create mine it hang the TV or even turn if off. I compared you file and mine so they'll be the same in MediaInfo, and also tried to play raw file just created from DVDfab (only used mp4box -splitx for videosample), but it doesn't work. Maybe I should change something in hex editor or something?
Here is my sample just in case: https://fex.net/s/losdyon
As you said, the two files are structurally "almost" identical.
I have edited your file to smooth out some minor differences.
You can find your modified video sample HERE.

I don't think that my my modification will changes anything (the differences were really minimal and negligible) but you should still try to play the file on your TV.
If it works, I'll explain what I've done.
Silergo

Post by Silergo »

yusesope wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:13 am
I don't think that my my modification will changes anything (the differences were really minimal and negligible) but you should still try to play the file on your TV.
If it works, I'll explain what I've done.
Yeah, unfortunately nothing changes. :( :(
Still don't understand, some people can play file and some don't (most of them have LG C8-C9). Even someone Sony UBP-X700 give green stripes. But Apple TV with infuse play this file with no problem. The only difference between our files is Mastering display luminance. Is it really give affect for playback?