Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mulucy

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 am
mulucy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:16 am
We are not even 100% sure whether it's discarding the the second layer or not, correct?
no way to tell for sure until they fix the color issue.
Nvidia just pushed the update to fix the bt.2020 flag issue, can you confirm if it makes any difference in DV content in comparison to other devices?
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Boss21 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:45 am
please can anyone share ts muxer 05.06 fix , 06.06 fix and 07.06 to download. Iwant to create dv profile 5 to be play on Apple TV through infuse pro.
thanks
here is the version I have been using for the Profile 5 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFrj5B ... sp=sharing
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

mulucy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Nvidia just pushed the update to fix the bt.2020 flag issue, can you confirm if it makes any difference in DV content in comparison to other devices?
YES finally.... just like my earlier comparisons showed. This update fixes the red push on profile 5 full-range content ( netflix, disney etc...)

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/5762

still some issues with this color though:

Definitely better than before...
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 pm
mulucy wrote:

YES finally.... just like my earlier comparisons showed. This update fixes the red push on profile 5 full-range content ( netflix, disney etc...)

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/5762

still some issues with this color though:

Definitely better than before...
Does it still mean we don't know for sure whether it supports the dual-layer profile 4/6 videos made from UHD disks?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

mulucy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 pm

Does it still mean we don't know for sure whether it supports the dual-layer profile 4/6 videos made from UHD disks?
I did not check the Dr. Sleep sample on this new update but I'm pretty sure it's a different issue so we still don't know for sure indeed.
There's still hope that it will work properly with SL-DL files one day though.
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

mulucy wrote:
Yeap, there is some noticeable difference :D
DV playback on Shield with Sony TV is corrupted by latest update.
Content is mostly in wrong colorspace.
In attempt to fix Shield for LG they crippled it for Sony :?
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
ragico

Post by ragico »

After the firmware update on the shield 2019 pro, I compared on Panasonic GZ2000 oled Tv the infamous scene from Doctor Sleep, Shield vs Sony x700. I think that there is still a very slight difference in favour of Sony x700, but it is really very slight and you must look for it to find it.
So great job at nvidia shield concenring this problem.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

ragico wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 pm
After the firmware update on the shield 2019 pro, I compared on Panasonic GZ2000 oled Tv the infamous scene from Doctor Sleep, Shield vs Sony x700. I think that there is still a very slight difference in favour of Sony x700, but it is really very slight and you must look for it to find it.
So great job at nvidia shield concenring this problem.
oh really, this is great news then. I'll check it out as well.

lexyz wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:24 am
Yeap, there is some noticeable difference :D
DV playback on Shield with Sony TV is corrupted by latest update.
Content is mostly in wrong colorspace.
In attempt to fix Shield for LG they crippled it for Sony :?
OMG seriously!! I thought they wouldn't touch LLDV. Now that it seems fixed for RGB DV, I'm definitely turning off the auto-update on mine :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Figures they fix one thing and break another. But, um, to be fair, we LG owners really needed this one. LMAO :D I'm on vacation starting tomorrow so I have some time to play, as well. I have a few things I want to take a look at. Would be nice if it's so close that it's hard to see. But I have one scene that'll make it very clear.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

@ragico did you check the flickering issue in the shawnc22 sample?
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:24 pm
OMG seriously!! I thought they wouldn't touch LLDV. Now that it seems fixed for RGB DV, I'm definitely turning off the auto-update on mine :)
Well.. I've run few test right after update and got colorspace issues. After reboot the issue can't be reproduced
Probably it's gone for good, but I'm not sure
More testing needed! :D

And yes. SPR still flickers. I have tested about 35 or 37 movies.
Only two has issues - SPR and Atomic Blonde
I mean flickering
Red push still can be found on white like famous SM Benchmark horses scene or MI Fallout 00:32-00:33. Regarding MIF I would say it's more "red blocks" than just push
MIF test file is here https://gofile.io/d/8m2pOl

UPD: Doctor Sleep red push is still here.
Last edited by lexyz on Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

lexyz wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:24 pm
Well.. I've run few test right after update and got colorspace issues. After reboot the issue can't be reproduced
Probably it's gone for good, but I'm not sure
More testing needed! :D

And yes. SPR still flickers. I have test about 35 or 37 movies.
Only two has issues - SPR and Atomic Blonde
Yeah some others on the nvidia forums have reported that the issue with Sony TVs went away after rebooting so hopefully that solves it. Previously, nvidia staff did say that attaching BT2020 to the RGB signal was a conscious decision to solve DV issues that some TVs were having. It'd make sense then that if they just simply removed the BT2020 tag without doing anything else, those same TVs would start seeing those issues again. Also as I remembered, there have been issues in the past with the way Sony implemented DV on their TVs, no?
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Also as I remembered, there have been issues in the past with the way Sony implemented DV on their TVs, no?
Back in a day source devices had to be updated to support Sony TV
Not an issue for now as I know
ragico

Post by ragico »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 pm
SpR still flickers. but it also flickers in Ugoos am6 plus. Only in sony x700 trough ts profile7 there is no flickering.-

I think this colour issue is higly depentend fron Tv maker and possibly model.. I have a Panasonic GZ2000 oled and I do not have the issues I read in this forum.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 pm
SPR still flickers and I still do notice the red tinting a bit on the little girl's face on my B9 when compared to the LG internal player. I'm not sure if it's gotten better or just stayed the same with the latest update.

A bit unrelated, but does anyone else's Shield cut out for a second or two when starting an HDR/DV video? The sound on my system would start playing first with the "No Signal" image on the TV, and then the video switches on after a few seconds. This just started happening one day in both Plex and Kodi prior to the Shield update and is still happening at the moment after the update. Not a big deal, but just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same. Setup: Shield -> Denon x3600h -> LG B9.