Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Donpablo80

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Donpablo80 »

@Grencola,

When i use your DV-mp4-maker with Transformers the last knight, i ended up with a 6 GB file size. I used the biggest .m2ts file. All other movies worked great. Any advice?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 pm
@Grencola,

When i use your DV-mp4-maker with Transformers the last knight, i ended up with a 6 GB file size. I used the biggest .m2ts file. All other movies worked great. Any advice?
Yea man, just don't use it on Transformers :lol: :lol: But really though, if there were no errors or anything I'd just try demuxing one track at a time and muxing it manually.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

BozoXL wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm
Grencola wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Uhhh, so the largest m2ts in the stream folder isn't always the entire movie?! there's a couple other m2ts files with the last missing minutes that need to be joined?! if so then this is a problem, as my script just uses the largest m2ts, and I (plus others it helped) would have countless incomplete dv mp4's. I've watched so many and from opening sequence up to the credits there was no missing parts. even dvdfab uhd ripper only uses the largest m2ts when you add a bdmv folder.
When ripping a BD disc, you should always try to use the correct playlist from the Playlists folder. Most of the time I find out by running index.bdmv with something like PotPlayer.
Most UHD BDs only use one MTS file, but most regular BD discs use a bunch. Sometimes to put Directors Cut and Theatrical Cut on the same disc or maybe old time file size limit. The Playlist also has the chapters included, which are not included in the MTS files. I do most with my ripping with MKVToolnix or StaxRip demuxing features.
alright sounds good. I couldn't care less about regular bd, so that helps :)
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:01 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 pm
@Grencola,

Yea man, just don't use it on Transformers :lol: :lol: But really though, if there were no errors or anything I'd just try demuxing one track at a time and muxing it manually.
CloneBD did the job.
tango306

Post by tango306 »

Has anyone made Braveheart (1995) in DV mp4?
Braveheart DV mp4 is the first title my LG OLED can't play.
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

tango306 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am
How did you make it?
tango306

Post by tango306 »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 am
tango306 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am
How did you make it?
I tried both CloneBD and MP4Muxer.
Both mp4s failed to play on OLED.
Another thing is the mp4 can be played on PC but audio is 3-4 sec quicker. In other words, video is 3-4 sec behind audio.

None of the other DV MP4s I've made so far (about 20 titles) exhibit this problem. This is unique to Braveheart Dolby Vision MP4.

Remuxing Braveheart into HDR10 mkv using mkvtoolnix works fine and plays fine.
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

Grencola, are there public tools to down mix a TrueHD Atmos track into a DD+ Atmos? For the purposes of MP4 DV with DD+Atmos.
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

bgalakazam wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Grencola, are there public tools to down mix a TrueHD Atmos track into a DD+ Atmos? For the purposes of MP4 DV with DD+Atmos.
I think XMedia Recode can do that.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

bgalakazam wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Nope :( DD+, yeah, but not with atmos. you need Dolby Media Encoder for that. I think it's a couple grand.
murrayit

Post by murrayit »

Epedemic wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm
PSUHammer wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm
Tried this with Last Jedi UHD.
Don't waste your time with TLJ or other Disney releases. They have a "fake" DV track that is just there so they can claim their discs have DV and trigger TV's to show DV. The track on TLJ is just 76MB, whereas all other discs have DV tracks between 2 and 10GB
Is this true? To date I only tried Justice League which had less than 60 MB DV track and honestly I couldn't find any difference which the HDR10 version (Both remux and m2ts).
If this claim is legit so what are the best DV movies I can try? I recently got US but I haven't watched it yet...
tango306

Post by tango306 »

murrayit wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 am
Epedemic wrote:
PSUHammer wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm
Tried this with Last Jedi UHD.
Don't waste your time with TLJ or other Disney releases. They have a "fake" DV track that is just there so they can claim their discs have DV and trigger TV's to show DV. The track on TLJ is just 76MB, whereas all other discs have DV tracks between 2 and 10GB
Is this true? To date I only tried Justice League which had less than 60 MB DV track and honestly I couldn't find any difference which the HDR10 version (Both remux and m2ts).
If this claim is legit so what are the best DV movies I can try? I recently got US but I haven't watched it yet...
Not true. There's no "fake" DV.
4K UHD Bluray discs use Dolby Vision Profile 7 (dual layer).
There are two type of Dolby Vision Profile 7.
1. DV Profile 7 with MEL (Minimal Enhancement Layer)
2. DV Profile 7 with FEL (Full Enhancement Layer)
MEL contains dynamic metadata for HDR. And FEL contains dynamic metadata + data from the original HDR master for full 12-bit color.

Paramount, Universal and Lionsgate are known to exclusively use FEL. (only exception from Lionsgate was their recent Robin Hood release. This used MEL).
Warner and Disney are known to use MEL. (The only exception was 2001 A Space Odyssey from Warner and Black Panther from Disney. These two used FEL).

Why don't you try Braveheart (Paramount)? This is known to be a reference standard transfer and contains FEL. For some reason, I can't get Braveheart DV mp4 to play on OLED. It's HDR10 and 4K Bluray disc play fine though. Can you make a Braveheart DV mp4 and report back your findings?
cyperous

Post by cyperous »

sm0ke83 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:04 pm
cyperous wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Found some more interesting info that might help.

I did find out that seeking is working but it is very cpu intensive and on my 6 core 12 thread machine, it maxes the cpus to 100% and takes over a minute for the seek to happen. The TV is probably giving up after a short period and just starts over from the beginning.

I tried doing some research around 10bit 265 and mp4's and it turns out that mp4muxer does not write the file correctly that would build a resulted file that is seeable under a normal conditions.

For clarification here are the commands I ran to build comparison files, NOTE: these are all without dv files.

Code: Select all

mp4muxer -i video.265 -i audio.ac3 -o temp_mp4muxer.mp4

mp4box -add video.265 -add audio.ac3 -new temp_mp4box.mp4

ffmpeg -i video.265 -i audio.ac3 -c copy -map 0:0 -map 1:0 temp_ffmpeg.mp4
ffmpeg and mp4box produce a seekable file whereas mp4muxer does not.

I would also like to note that all three of these command produce different byte codes.
Overlooked this... need to look into this too also I think...
Yeah, I'm glad someone else noticed.
For now I'm just caching the DV Layer so I can potentially fix the seeking later without having to re-rip all my DV titles.
murrayit

Post by murrayit »

tango306 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:15 pm
murrayit wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 am
Epedemic wrote:

Not true. There's no "fake" DV.
4K UHD Bluray discs use Dolby Vision Profile 7 (dual layer).
There are two type of Dolby Vision Profile 7.
1. DV Profile 7 with MEL (Minimal Enhancement Layer)
2. DV Profile 7 with FEL (Full Enhancement Layer)
MEL contains dynamic metadata for HDR. And FEL contains dynamic metadata + data from the original HDR master for full 12-bit color.

Paramount, Universal and Lionsgate are known to exclusively use FEL. (only exception from Lionsgate was their recent Robin Hood release. This used MEL).
Warner and Disney are known to use MEL. (The only exception was 2001 A Space Odyssey from Warner and Black Panther from Disney. These two used FEL).

Why don't you try Braveheart (Paramount)? This is known to be a reference standard transfer and contains FEL. For some reason, I can't get Braveheart DV mp4 to play on OLED. It's HDR10 and 4K Bluray disc play fine though. Can you make a Braveheart DV mp4 and report back your findings?
Thanks 🙏🏻
I'll try Braveheart and I'll report here
murrayit

Post by murrayit »

powdeau wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:21 am
fib1985 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 am
deadchip12 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

Hi. Which movie did you watch and what kind of artifacts did you notice? As for the lag I discovered that it could be very likely caused by the hard drive itself. I once encountered terrible lag using on hdd but when I changed it to another it was fine.
I watched Mortal Engines. I create the .mp4 from .iso
Artifacts like a large green strip in the middle of the screen for a few seconds. Yeah, tonight i will use another HD (7200rpm) and i will see.
I have LG C7 and I also have these artifacts in some movies. It is not because of DV or a HDD, but because of the player in TV. It cause artifacts also on the remuxes or on the m2ts files from ISO. It's too bad that LG didn't fix it on new model (also someone should try it on C7). I fixed this by buying Sony X700 where it works fine.
I just have an issue there with DV. Sometimes, when there is a change of the shot in the movie, the screen flashes for a 1 frame. If someone know how to fix this, it would be awesome. I have this problem just with DV.
I also experience these artifacts on OLED B7. For example in Captain America Civil War or Us or many other titles. It has nothing to do with mp4 DV discs though...
Any solutions for these? Or any suggested player which has the same picture quality as well as DV playback (I can't afford Oppo...)