Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Mortenjorstad

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Mortenjorstad »

The profile after making DV Ts movies is dvhe.04.06
Is it posible to make profile 5 since this is the only profile supported by Apple TV 4k.
tr000

Post by tr000 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Is it posible to make profile 5 since this is the only profile supported by Apple TV 4k.
Look at my post right before yours. Coincidentally, I also can only play profile 5 content.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
If you're trying to play files on the Apple TV 4k, I would skip TSmuxer entirely and just stick with mp4muxer since AppleTV can't do lossless atmos anyway. You can try creating a single layered DV file using yusecope's tool with the -mode 2 option and then muxing it (with a converted ac3/eac3 audio file) into an mp4 using mp4muxer and the --dv-profile 5 option.
Mortenjorstad

Post by Mortenjorstad »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:50 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
If you're trying to play files on the Apple TV 4k, I would skip TSmuxer entirely and just stick with mp4muxer since AppleTV can't do lossless atmos anyway. You can try creating a single layered DV file using yusecope's tool with the -mode 2 option and then muxing it (with a converted ac3/eac3 audio file) into an mp4 using mp4muxer and the --dv-profile 5 option.
I want to make DV with truehd. Appletv can play truehd 7.1 without Atmos, Infuse will decode 7.1 Truehd to PCM.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:44 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Mortenjorstad wrote:
I want to make DV with truehd. Appletv can play truehd 7.1 without Atmos, Infuse will decode 7.1 Truehd to PCM.
You can try using -mode 2 of yusecope's tool to get BL+RPU single layer file and then mux it in TSMuxer with the TrueHD track to get a dvhe.08 file. Not sure if this will work on the Apple TV but it is a single layer file that should be similar to profile 5.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

You can try using -mode 2 of yusecope's tool to get BL+RPU single layer file and then mux it in TSMuxer with the TrueHD track to get a dvhe.08 file. Not sure if this will work on the Apple TV but it is a single layer file that should be similar to profile 5.
How to use mode 2? When I drop the files, HEVC 1 and HEVC 2, I don't see how I can issue the command by skipping that part. Sorry I am very bad with CMD on Windows and Python.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

When you're in the folder where you extracted yusecope's tool to, run this in command prompt:

Code: Select all

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3.py -mode 2 -bl \path\to\BL.hevc -el \path\to\EL.hevc -of \path\to\output.hevc 
or open up the .bat file in notepad and add -mode 2 to the end of the single line of text in there and save it.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm
When you're in the folder where you extracted yusecope's tool to, run this in command prompt:

Code: Select all

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3.py -mode 2 -bl \path\to\BL.hevc -el \path\to\EL.hevc -of \path\to\output.hevc 
or open up the .bat file in notepad and add -mode 2 to the end of the single line of text in there and save it.
thank you!
Mortenjorstad

Post by Mortenjorstad »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

Thank you for tip, It did not work. :(
Plays as hdr with appletv.

Post by 1000010 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Sidenote: I've tested some of the full TS DV remuxes I've made (all working on the shield w/o issue) on the internal B9 player and have had some mixed results. Some movies play without stutter (The Meg, First Man) while most others have the stutter issue others have reported (Black Panther, Doctor Sleep, Midway). These are all dvhe.08.06 files from the older version of tsmuxer and v2 of yusecope's tool. Also profile 7 dual track/dual layer DV files made with mp4muxer does not seem to work at all on my B9 internal player. I know others have had success on their C# models, but I'm wondering if the B# models might lack the hardware for dual track files due to its inferior processor.
Did you do something special for Doctor Sleep? I tried playing it normally with Atmos track and it crashes Plex on the Shield.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

1000010 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Sidenote: I've tested some of the full TS DV remuxes I've made (all working on the shield w/o issue) on the internal B9 player and have had some mixed results. Some movies play without stutter (The Meg, First Man) while most others have the stutter issue others have reported (Black Panther, Doctor Sleep, Midway). These are all dvhe.08.06 files from the older version of tsmuxer and v2 of yusecope's tool. Also profile 7 dual track/dual layer DV files made with mp4muxer does not seem to work at all on my B9 internal player. I know others have had success on their C# models, but I'm wondering if the B# models might lack the hardware for dual track files due to its inferior processor.
Did you do something special for Doctor Sleep? I tried playing it normally with Atmos track and it crashes Plex on the Shield.
Nope, nothing in particular. Did you try turning off the PGS subtitles?

Post by 1000010 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:52 pm
1000010 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Nope, nothing in particular. Did you try turning off the PGS subtitles?
Didn't even mux them into the ts. My resulting file had just the DV video stream and Atmos track.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 am
I created a profile 5 sample file here with atmos. Give it a try if you'd like to see if it works on your apple tv:

https://mega.nz/#!ZaAXHQyQ!5JfYJDzVVFsu ... _YDSWY8j4w
1000010 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm
Didn't even mux them into the ts. My resulting file had just the DV video stream and Atmos track.
Hm, that's a weird one. Maybe try disabling the new exoplayer if you're using that? Or try playing it in kodi to see if it makes a difference.
Mortenjorstad

Post by Mortenjorstad »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 am
I created a profile 5 sample file here with atmos. Give it a try if you'd like to see if it works on your apple tv:

https://mega.nz/#!ZaAXHQyQ!5JfYJDzVVFsu ... _YDSWY8j4w

Thanks that worked perfect, can you please tell me hove you made this
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm
Thanks that worked perfect, can you please tell me hove you made this
Ah so it's just the profile variable that's preventing the file from playing correctly. For this test, I simply edited the file here: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/bl ... Reader.cpp to ignore the logic in choosing the dv profile based on the video stream and forced it to set the profile to 5. This was only done for the purpose of this test, and unfortunately I don't understand the subject enough to know what really goes into differentiating between a profile 5 and 8 video. This is definitely not a permanent solution, but maybe @jcdr can consider implementing a user defined dv-profile parameter in a future version of tsmuxer similar to mp4muxer?