Anyone able to rip Venom 4K?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
thinksinc

Anyone able to rip Venom 4K?

Post by thinksinc »

I've tried several times with MakeMKV on my Mac to rip my Venom UHD disc, but about 75% of the way through I get a bunch of Read Errors and the process fails. The disc is in perfect condition (no scratches).

I've made sure I'm using the very latest hashed-keys.txt file.

I've also tried using DeUHD on my Windows machine, and also get Read Error failures there.

Has anyone else had luck ripping this UHD title? Is this disc known to have manufacturing issues? Would it help if I ordered another copy to get one from a different production run? Or is it possible my "version" of the disc isn't supported by MakeMKV yet?

Thanks,
R
Woodstock

Re: Anyone able to rip Venom 4K?

Post by Woodstock »

Did you read the If you're experiencing rip errors, please read here first! thread in the Bluray forum, for information on why "perfect with no scratches" disks sometimes fail with read errors?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Yes I have ripped Venom with no real problems although I'm in the UK the disc was the US version.As everyone says cleanliness is the the answer to most problems.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yes, Venom was a trouble free rip, unlike Avengers Infinity War which took 3 copies to get one on release day, boy o boy that sucked :)
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
jkeener88

Post by jkeener88 »

I have successfully ripped it.
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Long time ago.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
GAMERZSOCIAL

Post by GAMERZSOCIAL »

I can't seem to rip it myself. I've tried two copies of the film and both say it can't find a valid access key.
ninripper

Post by ninripper »

Hello I'm also having some difficulty ripping Venom..

This is my first UHD rip. I managed to get it to rip once but there are corrupted bits in the playback. See screen shot..: https://imgur.com/mvTHmaP
Most of the movie is fine, but there are parts where it glitches out like this for just 1 second. I haven't been able to re-rip it since.

My drive is a LG WH14NS40.

The recurring error for me is "The source file...is corrupt or invalid at offset...attempting to work around"
I've cleaned the disc, it looks good. I upped the retry count to 25. Still can't get it to go.

Not sure what else I'm missing here if anyone has a suggestion I'm open to it. I attached my logs I hope they might bring some insight into the issue.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log2.txt
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 460 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
(489.9 KiB) Downloaded 444 times