Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
bobd1234

Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Post by bobd1234 »

When using the UHD disc Hell Fest I receive a popup dialog containing the text "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." during the step "Processing BD+ code" while parsing the file /BDMV/PLAYLIST/00003.mpls.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround?

I'm using MakeMKV 1.14.2 on Linux.

Thanks,
Bob
smartieyoung

Re: Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Post by smartieyoung »

im having problems too,ive tried two different uhd disks and i get the same message the volume key is unknown file cannot be decrypted.i also get the debug error and it looks like the software hangs.not really sure what to say i know mike is working on it and i commend him for that,keeping software like this up and running must be pretty hard and time consuming,i will keep trying on my end to see if there is anything i missed. :wink:
MonaD

Post by MonaD »

I had the same issue with the BD+ disc of Venom (2018). MakeMKV opens the disk, runs fine until it starts going through .mpls files, hangs for a bit, then the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" error pops up. The debug log shows nothing interesting, but dmesg shows that makemkvcon segfaults.

My system: Linux MInt 18.3, MakeMKV 1.14.3, java-8-openjdk-amd64

Apparently, it's Java crashing while parsing the playlist(s). I downloaded a newer JRE, pointed MakeMKV to the java runtime, and the disc ripped normally.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... index.html

If you look a bit down the page, there is a link for the Oracle OpenJDK. I downloaded openjdk-12.0.1 (https://jdk.java.net/12/), extracted the .tar.gz file, and pointed MakeMKV to the downloaded JRE via View->Preferences->Protection->Custom Java executable location. The executable is (directory the file was extracted to)/jdk-12.01/bin/java".
sablesg

Post by sablesg »

I'm having this same issue with The Matrix (1999).

My System: Windows 10, MakeMKV 1.14.4.

I've tried downloading the latest JRE as per the previous post, but the program is still crashing after it goes through the .mpls files.

Anyone else having the same issues?
RegionCodeIsTheDevil

Post by RegionCodeIsTheDevil »

I just started having this problem. My system is macOS Big Sur, MakeMKV 1.16.7.
Dune_

Post by Dune_ »

Had this problem today, just did the JRE download and trying again
garzjoe

Post by garzjoe »

MonaD wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm
I had the same issue with the BD+ disc of Venom (2018). MakeMKV opens the disk, runs fine until it starts going through .mpls files, hangs for a bit, then the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" error pops up. The debug log shows nothing interesting, but dmesg shows that makemkvcon segfaults.

My system: Linux MInt 18.3, MakeMKV 1.14.3, java-8-openjdk-amd64

Apparently, it's Java crashing while parsing the playlist(s). I downloaded a newer JRE, pointed MakeMKV to the java runtime, and the disc ripped normally.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... index.html

If you look a bit down the page, there is a link for the Oracle OpenJDK. I downloaded openjdk-12.0.1 (https://jdk.java.net/12/), extracted the .tar.gz file, and pointed MakeMKV to the downloaded JRE via View->Preferences->Protection->Custom Java executable location. The executable is (directory the file was extracted to)/jdk-12.01/bin/java".
I love the internet! I had the exact same problem with the new Scream BlueRay. I'm on Ubuntu Linux and being lazy I was using the Snap version of the Make MKV program which is always behind the normal release cycle and in this case is using an outdated version of Java. Other Disks did not seem to mind the older version of Java but this one very much did.

I already had a newer version of Java installed but the Snap uses it's own version of Java (again out of date). Once I updated the path started to work like a champ!