Close encounters of the third kind 40th anniversary UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dcleys

Close encounters of the third kind 40th anniversary UHD

Post by dcleys » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi all, I have been looking for answers all over the forum for this, but can't find anything really helpful. I am trying to rip Close encounters of the third kind 4K 40th anniversary disc, but the disc just keeps spinning and never opens in MakeMKV 1.14.3 for Mac (or previous versions) on a MacBook Pro. I also tried on a Windows 10 PC with the latest version of MakeMKV, but it won't read either.

I have the Asus BW-16D1HT with LibreDrive enabled firmware MK 3.10.

Any suggestions please? Would this just be a bad disc, or do I have to downgrade the firmware again in order to be able to read this.

Thanks for your time!

SamuriHL

Re: Close encounters of the third kind 40th anniversary UHD

Post by SamuriHL » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Sounds like a bad disc potentially. I'd clean it with a microfiber and see if that helps. Yes, I'm sure it "looks" pristine but these discs sometimes ship with a small coating of oil that the BW-16D1HT really doesn't like. I got from center of the disc straight out to the edge and repeat all the way around the disc with a microfiber cloth and that's always worked for me.

Kasey

Re: Close encounters of the third kind 40th anniversary UHD

Post by Kasey » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm

+1 on this disc for me as well. Apologies if I should have started a new thread but I have pretty much the same deal with my LibreDrive-enabled WH14NS40 LG drive. It sounds lie a jet engine attempting to take off and then stutters as it tries.