Hunger Games 4k Seemingly killed my UHD Capability?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
onienzeru

Hunger Games 4k Seemingly killed my UHD Capability?

Post by onienzeru »

Not really sure what's going on, but after attempting to rip a fresh copy for The Hunger Games 4k, my drive has completely stopped reading UHD discs. Normal Blu-ray seems fine so I'm not sure whats going on. I'm using an LG WH16NS40 drive that has ripped countless UHD discs including the new Aquaman, but now it wont even acknowledge a UHD disc being in the drive at all, even in file explorer or other software, only standard Blu Ray.

I was on the newest version of MakeMKV 1.14.3 and did notice that the AACS version was 68. After failing, there doesn't appear to be any dumps made around the correct time of failure, and Make MKV itself did not crash. The drive itself was unresponsive until after rebooting the computer, where I discovered only Blu Rays now worked.

Did my drive's AACS2 keys get revoked? Not really sure what's going on here. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I'd love to get back to ripping...
MartyMcNuts

Re: Hunger Games 4k Seemingly killed my UHD Capability?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

onienzeru wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:02 am
Not really sure what's going on, but after attempting to rip a fresh copy for The Hunger Games 4k, my drive has completely stopped reading UHD discs. Normal Blu-ray seems fine so I'm not sure whats going on. I'm using an LG WH16NS40 drive that has ripped countless UHD discs including the new Aquaman, but now it wont even acknowledge a UHD disc being in the drive at all, even in file explorer or other software, only standard Blu Ray.

I was on the newest version of MakeMKV 1.14.3 and did notice that the AACS version was 68. After failing, there doesn't appear to be any dumps made around the correct time of failure, and Make MKV itself did not crash. The drive itself was unresponsive until after rebooting the computer, where I discovered only Blu Rays now worked.

Did my drive's AACS2 keys get revoked? Not really sure what's going on here. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I'd love to get back to ripping...
Your drive does not have AACS 2 keys as it is not an official UHD drive. Not sure what is happening though. What firmware version is on your drive? Have you updated it at all?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
onienzeru

Re: Hunger Games 4k Seemingly killed my UHD Capability?

Post by onienzeru »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:23 am
Your drive does not have AACS 2 keys as it is not an official UHD drive. Not sure what is happening though. What firmware version is on your drive? Have you updated it at all?
Okay thanks, that makes sense... and 1.02 factory, never updated.