UHD Failed decryption

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
solrac42

UHD Failed decryption

Post by solrac42 »

I have the latest 1.14.3 MakeMKV and I am using direct access to the server for hashed keys.

So far It is unable to decrypt DC Justice League, Star Wars The Last Jedi and Marvel AntMan and the Wasp. (all UHD)

They all failed with too many hash key errors, xxxx.m2ts file is corrupted.
Last edited by solrac42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Above Ground ...
extranet

Re: UHD Failed decryption

Post by extranet »

I know this doesn't help but I've ripped all of these so the issue is probably not MakeMKV. One thing you could try is to downgrade by downloading a previous version. I always keep an older version and to be honest I've been using it.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Looks more like read errors. I would clean them with a microfiber cloth from the inside straight out to the edge all the way around the disc and try again. You don't provide what drive and firmware you're trying to read them with, and that information might help, as well.
solrac42

Post by solrac42 »

I am using a new LG BH16NS55 friendly drive with firmware downgraded to version 1.00 which works fine with all my other Marvel and DC 4K movies.

The discs are perfect with no marks or defects and are brand new.

Please let me know what ODD are you using and what firmware version ?
Still Above Ground ...
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I hear that all the time. "The discs are brand new, perfect condition" blah blah blah. LOL :) It doesn't matter. I've had MANY discs come directly out of the case into the drive that couldn't be read. A lot of them come with an invisible film on them that cause read errors. You gotta trust me and clean it with a microfiber cloth and try again. Every disc I've had that couldn't be read...every single one....I've done that to and was able to read it fine.

I have 2 different drives myself. An ASUS BW-16D1HT with MK 3.10 and an LG NS60 with MK 1.01. There are some discs that like one drive over the other. But, as I said, I've never had a problem once I microfiber cleaned them. Try it. What's the worst that can happen? It still doesn't read? But, there's a good chance it will.
solrac42

Post by solrac42 »

I tried your suggestion of cleaning the discs, but still no joy.
I have also tried the WH14NS40 firmware in my LG drive, (all versions) and this DC Justice League still won't copy.

Thanks for your advice, I had forgotten about cleaning new discs, unfortunately It did not work, the disc may have mastering errors on it.
In the past I have had success with faulty PC games discs installing correctly after cleaning.

I am going to watch it on my 4K player to see if plays all the way through without any digital artifacts, if not I can always return it as faulty and get another copy and try again.
Still Above Ground ...
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Faulty discs happen a lot unfortunately. They farm it out to cheap mfg's and whole batches of discs can end up being bad. If you can get a replacement for the disc, I'd recommend doing so for sure. I've been very lucky in that cleaning mine has always worked. And my NS60 has read literally everything I've thrown at it without fail. Luck of the draw...
corzamoon

Post by corzamoon »

solrac42 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:25 pm
I have also tried the WH14NS40 firmware in my LG drive, (all versions) and this DC Justice League still won't copy.

Thanks for your advice, I had forgotten about cleaning new discs, unfortunately It did not work, the disc may have mastering errors on it.
In the past I have had success with faulty PC games discs installing correctly after cleaning.

I am going to watch it on my 4K player to see if plays all the way through without any digital artifacts, if not I can always return it as faulty and get another copy and try again.
My Ant-Man (Australian disc - which I believe is the same as the US disc) keeps failing also. I've tried 5 different firmware types on my LG (Asus and LG firmware) and Ant-Man keeps failing. It's the only disc that's doing this though. I have cleaned it 3 times with microfiber cloth.

Should I try to get a replacement disc?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

corzamoon wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 am
solrac42 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:25 pm

My Ant-Man (Australian disc - which I believe is the same as the US disc) keeps failing also. I've tried 5 different firmware types on my LG (Asus and LG firmware) and Ant-Man keeps failing. It's the only disc that's doing this though. I have cleaned it 3 times with microfiber cloth.

Should I try to get a replacement disc?
Firmware has nothing to do with it. Did you even read the error you were given?

I tried my aussie version today and the volume key is unknown. I submitted the dump file so hopefully Mike can work out the key in the next day or two.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
corzamoon

Post by corzamoon »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 am

I tried my aussie version today and the volume key is unknown. I submitted the dump file so hopefully Mike can work out the key in the next day or two.
That's what I thought, but there were a couple of discs that had trouble on certain firmware, and then they worked fine on another... but Ant-Man is definitely not the case.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

corzamoon wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:52 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 am

That's what I thought, but there were a couple of discs that had trouble on certain firmware, and then they worked fine on another... but Ant-Man is definitely not the case.
I decrypted my Ant-Man UHD yesterday as Mike has added the VUK. If yours is still not working, what error are you getting?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
corzamoon

Post by corzamoon »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:48 am
I decrypted my Ant-Man UHD yesterday as Mike has added the VUK. If yours is still not working, what error are you getting?
Since the key has been added, it seems to be working now :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

corzamoon wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:00 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:48 am
Since the key has been added, it seems to be working now :)
So in future, if MakeMKV tells you that the vuk is unknown, make sure you submit the dump file that is generated and within a couple of days the vuk will be added and you will be able to decrypt the disc.

Cheers