Black Hawk Down

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Swaps

Black Hawk Down

Post by Swaps »

Disc decrypts fine, but there are 4 titles. Anyone know which one is correct? Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Re: Black Hawk Down

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Swaps wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 am
Disc decrypts fine, but there are 4 titles. Anyone know which one is correct? Thanks
Extended Version = 503.mpls
Theatrical Version = 501.mpls
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Swaps

Post by Swaps »

Thanks!
kingston12

Post by kingston12 »

I think I must have a bad copy of this.

I have tried ripping both files several times and it gets to about 65% complete and the read speed collapses from 6.0x to about 3.5x and then fails because of a SCSI error.

I've tried on my other drive and it won't work at all.

Hopefully another copy will sort it out.
jayper

Post by jayper »

kingston12 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm
I think I must have a bad copy of this.

I have tried ripping both files several times and it gets to about 65% complete and the read speed collapses from 6.0x to about 3.5x and then fails because of a SCSI error.

I've tried on my other drive and it won't work at all.

Hopefully another copy will sort it out.
Same here. I picked up a second copy, and still no dice. I can't tell if it is bad authoring or the UHD disc keeps getting scratched because it was stacked on top of the standard BR disc. It's a bummer.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@jayper, @ kingston12,

Guys, try cleaning your discs with a microfibre cloth, yes, even if they already look spotless. Also, if you haven't already, try doing a FULL FOLDER backup of the disc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jayper

Post by jayper »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 am
@jayper, @ kingston12,

Guys, try cleaning your discs with a microfibre cloth, yes, even if they already look spotless. Also, if you haven't already, try doing a FULL FOLDER backup of the disc.
I appreciate the tip. I've done that with both discs, a few times. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have helped at all.
Esch30

Post by Esch30 »

This was actually the first disc that my ASUS drive could not rip. I tried cleaning the disc, performing a full folder backup, etc. and nothing worked. The read speed slowed at the same point each time and ultimately failed.

I happened to recently install an LG BU40N in an old laptop and gave it a try with that. It worked on the very first attempt. I've read on here that some discs just don't jive with some drives, and I found that to be the case with this disc.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

There is definitely something funky with this disc and Asus drives, I've had two copies of the UK disc that have failed to either read at all, thrown scsi errors or failed part way through a rip, using two identical Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware 3.01, I also tried 3.10MK to no avail, both with Makemkv and DVDfab.

I'm returning the disc to Amazon.
kingston12

Post by kingston12 »

I eventually managed to get this working. The second copy of the disc wouldn't work on either of my LG drives to start with, but then when I swapped the desktop drive to the laptop it worked fine.
jayper

Post by jayper »

Wardy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 am
There is definitely something funky with this disc and Asus drives, I've had two copies of the UK disc that have failed to either read at all, thrown scsi errors or failed part way through a rip, using two identical Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware 3.01, I also tried 3.10MK to no avail, both with Makemkv and DVDfab.

I'm returning the disc to Amazon.
Yup. This is a weird one. I have tried two different copies, cleaned both with two different drives: an LG and ASUS.

Going to try a third disc tonight. Fingers crossed. This is the first disc I have had an actual issue with after cleaning. I'm convinced it is the way they were packaged: UHD stacked on top of the standard BR disc. I think this led to more scratching, can't really prove that though.
CJ32601@yahoo.com

Post by CJ32601@yahoo.com »

Mine isn’t ripping either with my Asus drive. Pretty bummed. First time I couldn’t get a 4K disc to rip. Maybe I’ll try swapping the movie out for a fresh one.
jayper

Post by jayper »

CJ32601@yahoo.com wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Mine isn’t ripping either with my Asus drive. Pretty bummed. First time I couldn’t get a 4K disc to rip. Maybe I’ll try swapping the movie out for a fresh one.
Best of luck! Third time was the charm for me.
Drivinfast247

Post by Drivinfast247 »

Same issue here. It fails to rip and throws SCSI and debug codes. Brand new disc right from the package.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Drivinfast247 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:21 pm
Same issue here. It fails to rip and throws SCSI and debug codes. Brand new disc right from the package.
Give your disc a good clean (even if it is brand spanking new and appears spotless!) then try again.