Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sleepie89
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by sleepie89 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 pm

my love wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 am
sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
I also backup my UHD disc Fury, Patriot and Stand by Me by DVDFab, it takes 30 mins only, I always backup my UHD discs without compress (BD100 in DVDFab) or MKV Passthrough in UHD Ripper.

You can try it! Good luckkk...
wow, i wonder why it's taking so long for me. I did the patriot and it only ripped about 2hrs of the movie this time. I'm gonna try it a third time because how does the saying go third time is the charm. anyways, thanks for the luck because I need it with this one.

sleepie89
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by sleepie89 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:04 am

update, yea i switch it to mkv transcode and it ripped in about 40mins. i wonder whats the point of the dvdfab mkv 12bit nonsense options.

mike admin
Posts: 3630
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Contact:

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by mike admin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm

st4evr wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am
The only other Sony 4K UHD BD discs scheduled to be released at this time per their own official release announcements is Zombieland on October 1.
That was spot on.

SamuriHL
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by SamuriHL » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:08 pm

mike admin wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm
st4evr wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am
The only other Sony 4K UHD BD discs scheduled to be released at this time per their own official release announcements is Zombieland on October 1.
That was spot on.
It sure was. We hope you're having some success with this battle. :D

Coopervid
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by Coopervid » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:44 pm

We all do ... :D

1wayjonny
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 am

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by 1wayjonny » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:44 am

mike admin wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm
That was spot on.
Hey mike, can you comment on the below for 2.1 protection at all?

DeUHD dev quotes
extension is fmts instead of m2ts because it contains some extra info used by studios to track the player used for decryption, which is the major difference from aacs2.0 discs.
"It is not too difficult to bypass this protection, just takes some time to do it"
To make it more user-friendly, DeUHD saves you the hustle to deal with this change, clears the garbage from the file and makes it back to m2ts
DeUHD’s developers, however, suggest that these data have been stripped.All redundant data has been cleared from the disc.

mike admin
Posts: 3630
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Contact:

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by mike admin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm

These "redundant" data are slightly different and are unique per player. Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number. The FMTS file is essentially M2TS with a lot of these "redundant" alternative frames.

Obviously it is trivial to remove unused alternative sections.
But doing so without telling the entire world your aacs node id - not so trivial.

It will be done. Likely sooner than later, given more and more titles started to show up.

SamuriHL
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by SamuriHL » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Well, obviously the solution is to decode ALL the frame data and randomly spread the love throughout the decoded m2ts. :P :D Piece of cake! LMAO I kid, I kid. That sounds nasty. Sounds like you have it under control, though, which is awesome. Let's hope this nonsense doesn't show up on more titles.

Coopervid
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by Coopervid » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Sounds like a player in software is needed that operates in a sandbox to not be tracked. Or am I totally wrong?

SamuriHL
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by SamuriHL » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:25 pm

We should leave it to the professional. ;)

demon
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by demon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm

mike admin wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm
It will be done. Likely sooner than later, given more and more titles started to show up.
I don't know if there's anything we can do to help, but if there is...

VarHD
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by VarHD » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 pm

demon wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm
I don't know if there's anything we can do to help, but if there is...
As Mike said:
Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number.
...so I guess we could go through the movie frame-by-frame and then give Mike a list of which frames are the right ones to decode in the right way. Sounds like an easy fun job and a great long-term solution ;)

Krawk
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by Krawk » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 am

sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
Are you using PASSTHRU for your copy mode? It sounds like you are re-encoding the video as it should not take that long!

1wayjonny
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 am

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by 1wayjonny » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm

mike admin wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm
These "redundant" data are slightly different and are unique per player. Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number. The FMTS file is essentially M2TS with a lot of these "redundant" alternative frames.

Obviously it is trivial to remove unused alternative sections.
But doing so without telling the entire world your aacs node id - not so trivial.

It will be done. Likely sooner than later, given more and more titles started to show up.
Thanks for the reply, was away and just got back.

Post Reply