Manufacturing Defects as Protection?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Rojma

Re: Manufacturing Defects as Protection?

Post by Rojma »

hoopin4you wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:26 pm
Haven't tried that yet. I do not have a 4K player, so I can't actually play the disc to see if it will work there. I just rip the 4K movies to my PC and move them to my NAS. I may just have to break down and get a player so I can test/play discs in the future.
I rarely play my discs myself. The only player I have is an Xbox One X. It doesn't really matter though if the disc plays in a player - just tell Best Buy it doesn't and have them swap it out. I had to go the Disney route because I bought the bad disc while it was on sale but didn't open it for months. By the time I opened it and discovered that the disc didn't work the return period had passed. I learned my lesson after that and always make sure to immediately rip my discs.
Rojma

Re: Manufacturing Defects as Protection?

Post by Rojma »

Just had the same issue with another Disney/Pixar "stacked" disc - Cars 3. The set consists of 3 discs - 1 UHD and 2 blu-rays - and I could not rip 2 of the discs in the set until I cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth. After cleaning they ripped fine.