Spider-Man Far From Home

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SeaWolf
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by SeaWolf » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Just an FYI for anyone trying to rip this. I just tried to open the UHD disk and received the “volume key is unknown” error. I sent the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

tg_scooter
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by tg_scooter » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Same issue here. Thanks for submitting

wschmitt55
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by wschmitt55 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:12 pm

Same thing happens with me! :roll:

audioguy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by audioguy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:04 pm

I just ripped and it ripped with no errors!

jriddle
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by jriddle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:37 pm

audioguy wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:04 pm
I just ripped and it ripped with no errors!
I just tried to rip and it failed with "volume key is unknown"

John

wschmitt55
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by wschmitt55 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:34 pm
Just an FYI for anyone trying to rip this. I just tried to open the UHD disk and received the “volume key is unknown” error. I sent the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.
Same for me.... :shock:

SamuriHL
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by SamuriHL » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:52 pm

My steel book seems to be working. I'm ripping it as we speak. I still have to process Ant-man, Dr Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

wschmitt55
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by wschmitt55 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Still not working for me.

In addition to MakeMKV, I also tried DVDFab and AnyDVD, but nothing is working with this UHD (for me).

Waiting for an updated MakeMKV...

Any other suggestions?

jriddle
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by jriddle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:54 pm

wschmitt55 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 pm
Still not working for me.

In addition to MakeMKV, I also tried DVDFab and AnyDVD, but nothing is working with this UHD (for me).

Waiting for an updated MakeMKV...

Any other suggestions?
Wait..Mike will fix when he gets time. Several dumps have been sent and I'll bet the fix will be sooner than later.

SamuriHL
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by SamuriHL » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:57 pm

Yea, just be patient and keep trying. There's a couple other titles out there that have had dumps sent, as well. This is why I rip to protected ISO so I can just open it every so often and see if a new SDF gets downloaded.

wschmitt55
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by wschmitt55 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:57 pm
Yea, just be patient and keep trying. There's a couple other titles out there that have had dumps sent, as well. This is why I rip to protected ISO so I can just open it every so often and see if a new SDF gets downloaded.
Dumb question: how do I rip to protected ISO? I understand the concept, just don't know how to do it.

Thanks

SamuriHL
Posts: 1113
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by SamuriHL » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 am

wschmitt55 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 am

Dumb question: how do I rip to protected ISO? I understand the concept, just don't know how to do it.

Thanks
The easiest method is to run MakeMKV, have it scan your disc and enable LibreDrive mode. DO NOT eject the disc at this point. Open ImgBurn and use the create image from disc function. It'll bitch about AACS protection (no kidding, ImgBurn....there's an option to turn that off somewhere) but just create your ISO. Protected image created. I scripted the whole thing but this is easiest.

wschmitt55
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by wschmitt55 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 am
wschmitt55 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 am

Dumb question: how do I rip to protected ISO? I understand the concept, just don't know how to do it.

Thanks
The easiest method is to run MakeMKV, have it scan your disc and enable LibreDrive mode. DO NOT eject the disc at this point. Open ImgBurn and use the create image from disc function. It'll bitch about AACS protection (no kidding, ImgBurn....there's an option to turn that off somewhere) but just create your ISO. Protected image created. I scripted the whole thing but this is easiest.
Perfect - ImgBurn is doing its thing...

I'll save the ripped, protected ISO, wait for MakeMKV to update, then try again. Thanks for the advice!

Kevinicus
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 am

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by Kevinicus » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:55 am

Curious if anyone has had success yet?

rbphelan
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by rbphelan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:03 am

Kevinicus wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:55 am
Curious if anyone has had success yet?
Yes

Post Reply